Jump to content

Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill


HawkeyeJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I am.

You are aware that he is a free agent at the end of the year so even if we offered him info on who really killed Kennedy, where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and dating Raquel Welch for a year in her prime - he was going to leave at the end of the 2022 season because he simply did not want to come here. 

I don’t think we’re arguing anything then. The Jets were never in the mix because he didn’t want to sign a deal. They weren’t giving up assets for a one year rental or a AB/Oakland situation.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People are not allowing that this could be a really bad trade for Miami. He's 28 with a lot of mileage. WRs do tend to drop off a cliff when they get older. it's quite possible even without injury Miami only gets one good year from him and then they face a $30M a year boat anchor on the team. People don't seem to get that just because a name player was good does not mean that will continue. Brandon Marshall had an all pro year at 31 and then completely disappeared. Marshall was a big receiver that did not rely as much on speed. Hill is a little guy that is probably in NFL terms from wear and tear as old as Marshall at 31. Him being a slam duck difference maker is far from a certainty. I am not upset I didnt want the scumbag anyway

Miami still has 2 1st rd picks next year too. They’re setup pretty nice right now

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of you guys are missing the point: Hill wanted to go to Miami and held all of the leverage (signing a long term deal).

The Jets weren't giving up a first round pick if Hill was never going to sign an extension with us. In a way, KCs hands were tied because he wanted to go to Miami and would only sign an extension with them. How they were able to wrangle that much from Miami when it sounds like all parties knew this is beyond me.

In the end, he was either going to Miami or staying with KC.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it a coincidence the chiefs were talking to the jets and Miami? 2 non contenders?

is there another AFC team they would have talked to ?

nope 

and streak knives still loses lol 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Really tough to miss out on Hill, especially since KC accepted a deal that didn't involve #4 or #10, but this is the price you pay when you've been a joke of a franchise for a decade: stars do not want to come here. This isn't on JD, he made a hell of an offer that the other team accepted, it was simply Hill's decision in the end. 

Not sure how much "joke of a franchise" played into it. Maybe a bit, but he lives in FL and will pay no state income tax on his contract. This was the best deal for Hill financially.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think we’re arguing anything then. The Jets were never in the mix because he didn’t want to sign a deal. They weren’t giving up assets for a one year rental or a AB/Oakland situation.

This 100%

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Not sure how much "joke of a franchise" played into it. Maybe a bit, but he lives in FL and will pay no state income tax on his contract. This was the best deal for Hill financially.

There could have been 6 teams involved and he probably still would have picked miami. He’s won a super bowl and is a super star and just wants to cash in and enjoy the scenery.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

You want to give your prized young QB the most explosive offensive weapon in the game today…or do you want the 4th ranked edgerusher in this draft class and Drake London?

At what price?

The picks, the salary dont factor in?  

And youre seeing EDGE going 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th?  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is it a coincidence the chiefs were talking to the jets and Miami? 2 non contenders?

is there another AFC team they would have talked to ?

nope 

and streak knives still loses lol 

 

 

The Dolphins are contenders.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Some of you guys are missing the point: Hill wanted to go to Miami and held all of the leverage (signing a long term deal).

The Jets weren't giving up a first round pick if Hill was never going to sign an extension with us. In a way, KCs hands were tied because he wanted to go to Miami and would only sign an extension with them. How they were able to wrangle that much from Miami when it sounds like all parties knew this is beyond me.

In the end, he was either going to Miami or staying with KC.

So Adam Schefter is wrong that the Chiefs accepted the Jets offer?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

At what price?

The picks, the salary dont factor in?  

And youre seeing EDGE going 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th?  lol

Who cares at this point? It’s not happening.

And we pick 4th. Yes, I could absolutely see edgerushers going 1, 2 and 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

That's a lot of dough to tie up in a 28 year old speed guy.

Have you not seen the contracts to WRs being handed out this year? Tyreek is one of the best in the game he was obviously gonna get paid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

So you do draw a line somewhere.

Even after you made posts about how most players are assholes anyway and how you're sick of watching other teams win with sociopaths when the Jets should be too.

After all, you need to cut a few corners with player character when you want to win, right?

And I stand by that.  It's all a matter of where you cut those corners.  There is a line.  I'm merely suggesting that if you draw a hardline stance on ALL character issues, then you won't win titles.  Period.

I wasn't suggesting no line should be drawn (just look at the Marvin Lewis Bengals for evidence that there indeed NEEDS to be a line), nor was I really advocating acquiring Tyreek Hill.  But somewhere along the line, a few of your players need to be "problems" if you want to win a lot of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Really tough to miss out on Hill, especially since KC accepted a deal that didn't involve #4 or #10, but this is the price you pay when you've been a joke of a franchise for a decade: stars do not want to come here. This isn't on JD, he made a hell of an offer that the other team accepted, it was simply Hill's decision in the end. 

My question is what did JD offer Hill in terms of extension? 

We'll never know but it's possible Miami outspent NYJ in that department 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now seeing Hill was available, the Jets were in it, and Hill got traded to Miami. So, taking it all in at once. Lol.

I’ve been wanting the Jets to make a trade for an established number 1. So, I’m pretty bummed. Hill is not just a #1 guy, but he’s one of the handful of elite WRs. Sucks he chose Miami.

This is now the second veteran WR we’ve been tied to. Ridley being the first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Who cares at this point? It’s not happening.

And we pick 4th. Yes, I could absolutely see edgerushers going 1, 2 and 3.

Sure they will go 1, 2 and 3.

In which case we draft the best CB, WR, OL etc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So Adam Schefter is wrong that the Chiefs accepted the Jets offer?

Pretty sure it worked like this...

  1. Chiefs worked out trade comp with two teams - that they were comfortable with either deal
  2. Hill, then negotiated with both teams to get the best deal.
  3. When both team's offers were at the same level 
  4. Hill had a choice and picked the Fish.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas has to have something else up his sleeve.

Otherwise pushing all of the big cap hits to next year makes no sense.

Well, it was a roll of the dice - hoping to get this deal done.

It didn't work.  Now, maybe there is someone else out there - but they were prepared to pay a WR $30mm a year - so who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Douglas has to have something else up his sleeve.

Otherwise pushing all of the big cap hits to next year makes no sense.

Could be there are other big names that could be moved before the draft not yet public. JD does not structure these contracts without a reason. He might ultimately miss and eventually restructure some, but I believe you are right on the intent.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty sure it worked like this...

  1. Chiefs worked out trade comp with two teams - that they were comfortable with either deal
  2. Hill, then negotiated with both teams to get the best deal.
  3. When both team's offers were at the same level 
  4. Hill had a choice and picked the Fish.

 

That's my understanding of the situation. I don't understand why people are suggesting alternate realities here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not as long as Tua is QB.

You know thats what I tend to think but they won 7 in a row after losing 7 in a row.   A lot of these losses were without Tua and I believe all the wins were with Tua

Wound up 9-8.

If the Pats take a step back, which I expect,  I think could contend.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can disagree with my stance all you want.  But I'm not "full of it" when I say I indeed did not watch the Jets the year they signed Vick.  You can look up my post history if you want.  

You don't f**k with dogs man.  Some people deserve to get hurt.  Dogs never do.  If you can harm an innocent creature, then I do believe it indeed makes you a "bad person"

Sorry, can't relate. I'm a cat person. I deliver for FedEx so I've came across plenty of dogs that were evil. Dogs that maul children definitely deserve whatever comes to them.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...