Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

HawkeyeJet

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Take on Michael Thomas’s contract? Hopkins? Idk not much else out there.

There are a lot of big name guys set to hit free agency next year. Most will be extended, non will actually hit FA, a couple might be traded. Just like Hill, we won’t know who it’ll be. So all we can do is just speculate.

Pure speculation on my part, but AJ Brown might be the next guy to get traded. I also (again pure guess) feel somewhat confident Brandin Cooks gets traded.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

And where did that get them?  Playing golf right along side the Jets.  Beating the Jets is a moral victory I guess.

better to win thann lose. I can tell you for sure paying to see a game the jets win is much more enjoyable then paying to see them lose

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, you're probably right.   I was as surprised as anyone when they fired Flores after that run. 

I'm just not a fan of Tua's game.  maybe he steps up, but i doubt it.

I dont like Tuas game either.  

Now hes got a WR who can turn one Tuas dink and dunk passes into a long gain.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

There are a lot of big name guys set to hit free agency next year. Most will be extended, non will actually hit FA, a couple might be traded.

Pure speculation on my part, but AJ Brown might be the next guy to get traded. I also (again pure guess) feel somewhat confident Brandin Cooks gets traded.

Cooks is a guy JD should definitely look into. Extremely productive, and very fast - a lot like Hill, but without the domestic violence.

Not as good as Hill, but still pretty damn good - and likely to be significantly less expensive, in draft comp and contract terms.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Beerfish said:

Douglas might not be in such a Wr bind if he had smartly double dipped at Wr two years ago in a deep wr draft instead of picking total jags later in the draft.

If the jets had drafted Mims and mooney or mims and DP jones or Mims and Gabriel Davis things might not look so darn bad.

The 20 year problem for the jets at wr is that they haven’t taken one in the first round and except for moore, the 2nd round wrs have sucked.  So the jets haven’t drafted a competent wr in the 1st or 2nd round from 2000 to 2020 and have imported veteran wrs who were old or problems.   Since the jets haven’t had good qbs during this time, FA wrs don’t want to come here, so just draft them instead.  Don’t trade for mclaurin, just draft wilson.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

better to win thann lose. I can tell you for sure paying to see a game the jets win is much more enjoyable then paying to see them lose

Fully understand.  Players are different.  Do you think they care that they are 10-2 against another garbage team over the last 6 years?  Odds makers may care,  but Zach is 0-1 against them.  The past is the past.  Zach will make it 2-1 this year in his favor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Waddle can do that to. Tua is not great but that offense is perfect for him. Hill, Waddle and Gesicki are going to be a nightmare. Lots of team speed.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

More than that British Jet. Hill never had any interest in playing for the Jets. Hills Agent Rosenhaus set this deal up to use the Jets to gain bargaining leverage over the Dolphins. The question is what are the Jets going to do to answer.

This is the way I see it - the Jets got played again. Sucks when your team sucks and has high taxes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Cooks is a guy JD should definitely look into. Extremely productive, and very fast - a lot like Hill, but without the domestic violence.

Not as good as Hill, but still pretty damn good - and likely to be significantly less expensive, in draft comp and contract terms.

Yup. And he’s  been productive with multiple QBs. Houston has a long road ahead. It makes sense for them to trade him and really start from scratch.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Sorry, can't relate. I'm a cat person. I deliver for FedEx so I've came across plenty of dogs that were evil. Dogs that maul children definitely deserve whatever comes to them.

So if Michael Vick harmed cats, you'd hate him a lot more, but dog abuse is cool?

Very few dogs "maul children", and for those that do, it's not generally something intrinsically evil about the dog, its a dog owner issue.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You all know how this plays out.  Hill will be nicked up next year, be in and out of the lineup and finish playing about 10 games with pedestrian numbers.

Year 2, he will get serious hurt and miss most of the year.

Now hes 31, not the same player and the Fins will be scrambling to get out of the deal in year 3.

Does anyone really think this isnt exactly whats going to happen to Hill?  Be glad hes not our problem.  We will be watching an ascending stud like Garrett Wilson or Drake London blossom into a superstar over the next few years.

No, Joe W, had the JETS signed him that is exactly what I would have expected to happen to him

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Waddle can do that to. Tua is not great but that offense is perfect for him. Hill, Weddle and Gesicki are going to be a nightmare. Lots of team speed.

Yes they do.

But theyre not going to be unstoppable.  Hell, Hill and a stacked offense, with Mahomes instead of Tua only were unstoppable once.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

There are a lot of big name guys set to hit free agency next year. Most will be extended, non will actually hit FA, a couple might be traded.

Greenfish the time for moral speeches about how Joe tried is not now. What the Jets have to do now is come up with a strategy to shutdown Hill and the Dolphins down. That starts by coming up with a pass rush so intense the ball never reaches Hill's hands The Jets need Hutchinson or Thibs and Sauce Gardner

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

And where did that get them?  Playing golf right along side the Jets.  Beating the Jets is a moral victory I guess.

every win is a step toward a winning program 

every loss reinforces a culture of losing 

there's no such thing as a "moral victory" or a "good loss" 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Disagree to some extent as there are steps forward for bad teams, the jets got hammered many times last year, that is bad, if you lose but lose close games and are in many of them that is a step forward, eventually you have to start winning obviously but how you lose when you lose does make a difference.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So if Michael Vick harmed cats, you'd hate him a lot more, but dog abuse is cool?

Very few dogs "maul children", and for those that do, it's not generally something intrinsically evil about the dog, its a dog owner issue.

Agreed.  It’s an owner issue not the actual dog 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

Can't live in the past.   Yes, there is no good loss or moral victory.  Beating a total trash team does not make a winner.  It is a team they should have beat and that's it.  The players change, and I am sure they are not thinking of past losses.  Past wins or losses mean nothing.  It is the games that have not been played yet that are important.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, except he’s gonna have to get used to waiting on the ball rather it appearing out of nowhere like a magic trick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They have done nothing to upgrade the WR position, that is a fact.  In fact, without Cole and Crowder they're not as deep or as talented as last year.  I do think that JD has done a good job at adding talent to the offense.  The 2 TE's are better than what we've had here for a while but are not world beaters by any stretch.  The Guard is a massive upgrade and will help with the run game and Wilson's protection.

All of that being said, the Jets have a massive question mark at Tackle with Becton based on his injury history and weight issues.  The WR's are the exact SAME guys minus a couple from last year where they were one of the worse WR groups in the NFL.  Did the Jets upgrade on offense overall?  Yes, but that's not hard when they were one of the worst offenses in the league in 2021.  Teams will still stack the box to stop the run and dare our 2nd year QB and our below average WR group to beat them.  It's the same thing they've been doing to us for years and the FO has done nothing to make them change.  It's a terrible way to develop a QB.

My suggestion:  Go take one of your 2nd's and go get TJ Lockett.  Stop with this youth movement nonsense and go help your young QB.  Counting on any skill position draft pick to have a major impact on your offense in year 1 is the surest way to get fired and JD is on the clock.  

I guess i just think COrey Davis, Moore is good 1 2 punch at WR and more than what we need. Sure they were bad offense but it was more than just the WR's sucked. IT was injury related to the WR and the QB last year in new system. You are acting like they are subpar but I do not think so, they are actually pretty average but add in those TE that you dismiss, and alll of a sudden we are able to run the offense we planned on. Last year Matt had to reinvent the off gameplan for the team because our TE's were trash.

You think the off sucked cause of the WRs, i jsut disagree and unless someone like Hill or some other WR1 guy comes to our team then we are going to find out who is right this season. My money is on the team is in the playoff hunt and our offense will be able to move the ball. Hell last year we did at times and that was with our whole off playmakers taking turns on who was going to play that week with the rookie QB or his replacements.

Davis moore and even god damn i cant beleive im saying Sexton Berrios is decent enough squad to be our three starting WRs...barring injury we will be just fine. Add TE is like fixing the line. It makes the offense better overall and opens everything up. Just my opinion. I hope i am right!

Locket is not better than what we have I rather use the second on some WR draft pick

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Disagree to some extent as there are steps forward for bad teams, the jets got hammered many times last year, that is bad, if you lose but lose close games and are in many of them that is a step forward, eventually you have to start winning obviously but how you lose when you lose does make a difference.

i agree with that but it's hard to look at the scores and say "that 28-24 loss to Tampa Bay was a good loss because they were hanging close with Tom Brady and only lost by 4" 

watching the game in real time they collapsed in heart breaking fashion. 

In fact, I'm not seeing many "close loss moral victories" on that 2021 results page

Remember the Colts game they "only" lost by 15 on national TV or the London Atlanta debacle they "only" lost by a touchdown? These were bad losses. the 5 point loss to Darnold and the Panthers was a crotch kick 

the Pats beat them 54-13. The Bills beat them 45-17. Yikes, bro. 

Im not seeing any Moral victories in fact. They won 4 games and the closer you look at the losses, the worse it gets 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I guess i just think COrey Davis, Moore is good 1 2 punch at WR and more than what we need. Sure they were bad offense but it was more than just the WR's sucked. IT was injury related to the WR and the QB last year in new system. You are acting like they are subpar but I do not think so, they are actually pretty average but add in those TE that you dismiss, and alll of a sudden we are able to run the offense we planned on. Last year Matt had to reinvent the off gameplan for the team because our TE's were trash.

You think the off sucked cause of the WRs, i jsut disagree and unless someone like Hill or some other WR1 guy comes to our team then we are going to find out who is right this season. My money is on the team is in the playoff hunt and our offense will be able to move the ball. Hell last year we did at times and that was with our whole off playmakers taking turns on who was going to play that week with the rookie QB or his replacements.

Davis moore and even god damn i cant beleive im saying Sexton Berrios is decent enough squad to be our three starting WRs...barring injury we will be just fine. Add TE is like fixing the line. It makes the offense better overall and opens everything up. Just my opinion. I hope i am right!

Locket is not better than what we have I rather use the second on some WR draft pick

This is beautiful.  Well done and totally agree.

We will get a stud receiver at 10.  Its going to be awesome.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Big Butt 66 said:

Yeah, except he’s gonna have to get used to waiting on the ball rather it appearing out of nowhere like a magic trick. 

Agree.

And wont see a lot of the laser passes that are there as soon as he turns his head.

So, a new poster?  Or is it another account for Phil or whatever name he used last?  😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Can't live in the past.   Yes, there is no good loss or moral victory.  Beating a total trash team does not make a winner.  It is a team they should have beat and that's it.  The players change, and I am sure they are not thinking of past losses.  Past wins or losses mean nothing.  It is the games that have not been played yet that are important.

young players form habits in these games - these can be good winning habits or bad losing habits. 

past wins and losses do mean something in the area of self-confidence. 

the difference between the best team in the NFL and the worst team in the NFL isn't really a difference in the amount of world class athletes each team has. Everyone has studs 

it's about confidence and momentum - what these players think they can do, when the game is on the line 

the Jets are a franchise with low confidence players and zero year-to-year momentum. that's not a judgment or an opinion it's what they are 

from 2 wins to 4 wins is a positive step. from 4 to 6 is the next step. It's crawl before you walk type of stuff. And on the other extreme, teams like the Bills make it one round further every time so the next time they are in the AFC Championship game they have the experience from last year and get over the hump 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't care what animal he abused. Dude stood in front of the media and repented, took all that people throw at him like a man and was harassed for years (probably still is) including some racist stuff he didn't deserve. Still now people like you won't let it go as if you're without sin. I'm sure there's some dark stuff in your closet that you never want to get out. A lot of people did 10 times worse than him but were forgiven. Dante Stallworth killed a person while DUI yet he got to finish his NFL career in peace...didn't even have to give a public apology. 

By the way, yes some dogs are assholes because their owners are assholes. But there are some dogs that will attack you off GP just because of their breed. 

• Thumb Down 1