Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“Let’s not sign elite players. They might get hurt.”

Let's not draft players. They might not develop.  Let's judge rookies by their rookie seasons only.  Let's judge a player's future injury history by one season.  Let's ignore that it is a young  player's league.  Let's give up because the Jets missed out on Cooper, Hill, Adams, and Robinson.  Let's blame the GM because he Adams wanted to play with Carr, because Hill wanted to play where he lives, because he didn't want an above average Cooper masquerading as a top 10 WR or a Cooper who doesn't block, and he didn't want a 29 year old Robinson who put up 400 yards in 2021 and was outplayed by Mooney and who wanted to play for the Rams. Oh boo f&*ing hoo, all is lost.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Let's not draft players. They might not develop.  Let's judge rookies by their rookie seasons only.  Let's judge a player's future injury history by one season.  Let's ignore that it is a young  player's league.  Let's give up because the Jets missed out on Cooper, Hill, Adams, and Robinson.  Let's blame the GM because he Adams wanted to play with Carr, because Hill wanted to play where he lives, because he didn't want an above average Cooper masquerading as a top 10 WR or a Cooper who doesn't block, and he didn't want a 29 year old Robinson who put up 400 yards in 2021 and was outplayed by Mooney and who wanted to play for the Rams. Oh boo f&*ing hoo, all is lost.  

Howza bout… Let’s win more than 6 games in two seasons?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, okay… because you’re the one with your finger on the pulse of JN. ?

All you do is bash the jets and your team is the worst in the nfc next to the falcons... With no plan... Sitting on a Jets forum because your team has no hope

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

All you do is bash the jets and your team is the worst in the nfc next to the falcons... With no plan... Sitting on a Jets forum because your team has no hope

This is funny coming from the board Patriots fan and resident Tom Brady ball washer.

How are your Red Sox looking this year?

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And when the $120 million man Hill goes down with a high ankle sprain, how does that impact the Miami WR room and Tua's development? 

Considering they have Jaylen Waddle and Gesicki, not much. 

You're comparing Apples to Oranges. Waddle, Hill and Gesicki are all better than any offensive player the Jets have and it's not close.  Try again

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

The question is, would the chiefs have given hill the choice if the jets had upped the offer to include a first round pick?

Unlikely the Pick Value of the two offers were essentially equal. Just distributed differently. It was in KC's interest to have multiple suitors chasing Hill as the Contract Offers were also a critical factor.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Considering they have Jaylen Waddle and Gesicki, not much. 

You're comparing Apples to Oranges. Waddle, Hill and Gesicki are all better than any offensive player the Jets have and it's not close.  Try again

Gesicki isn’t better than Moore or Davis (as awful as he played last year). He’s not that good, and is an oversized mediocre slot receiver. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that all these guys that we want to sign were actually drafted by other teams, instead of drafting safeties and interior DL.

• Upvote 1

• All may not agree on this, but I don't think we can write off directly competing with the Dolphins.  Looking at our 2023 schedule, two of our more likely wins were against the Dolphins.  This now makes it harder.  The Jets 2021 Defense, one of the worst in recent NFL memory, has not improved enough to keep the Jets competitive.   So the Dolphins getting Tyreek Hill does change things for the Jets.
  • Some would argue that the Jets are in a better spot with Wilson than the Dolphins are with Tua.  Who is catching the ball from Wilson?  JD needed to do more for Wilson, and now he is almost forced to take a WR in Rd 1, when the defense could really use those two picks.  
  • McDaniel using Hill in the same offense as the Jets is interesting.  I don't think all of the receivers need to be Deebo Samuel.  I think it makes Garret Wilson make more sense.  Neither of Garret and Sauce will be at 10, and at least 1 will be at 4, so the Jets need to choose.
  • We can talk about needing an EDGE more than a CB, but that assumes equal talent.   From my perspective, Sauce is going to have a bigger positive effect on a defense that Hutchinson or Thib.   For the Jets, in 2022 Garret Wilson will over Ekwenu.  
  • In 2022 the Jets will be a much better team in 2021, but I don't know how much better their record will be. 
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Dolphins got fleeced, well you know we are defo drafting a WR in the 1st.

That’s the real news of the day in terms of the Jets.

JD dropped his pants in front of the whole league and has revealed he is all-in on a WR.

Have to think teams might try to leapfrog the Jets at #10 if they want to get ahead of us for a WR in the Draft.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rldev said:

I'm perplexed by some of these replies. I don't understand what is so hard to grasp. The Jets offer was better than the Dolphins. The Jets were not going to finalize an offer without an extension in place. Hill would not sign an extension with the Jets. The Chiefs could do nothing. Maybe if we offered Hill $40 million a year, he would have come. Why not $50 million!

What's not to understand ? Hill was going to accept whatever the Dolphins offered even if it was lower. Simple put Hill and his Agent (Drew Rosenhaus) knew what was going to happen when the Chiefs approved the compensation offers. The Jets were played !

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

That’s the real news of the day in terms of the Jets.

JD dropped his pants in front of the whole league and has revealed he is all-in on a WR.

Have to think teams might try to leapfrog the Jets at #10 if they want to get ahead of us for a WR in the Draft.

Perhaps, but the jets could still easily trade out of 10 and take someone like burks in the teens, or london.  Plus the jets could simply take their favorite wr at 4 and be done with it and still get a quality edge at 10.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

What's not to understand ? Hill was going to accept whatever the Dolphins offered even if it was lower. Simple put Hill and his Agent (Drew Rosenhaus) knew what was going to happen when the Chiefs approved the compensation offers. The Jets were played !

The 2 package offers were the exact same in regards to draft pick value. I'm not sure how the Jets got played here. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

IMO this is Drew Rosenhaus getting more money for his client who intended to go home the entire time. He lives in Miami, trains in Miami. They needed another team to drive the contract up.

That's right and the Jets got played. This type of gambit is all to common the question is what are the Jets going to do wipe out this reputation. If I were the Jets I would send the message to South Florida that you guys have p!ssed off the only easy mark in the Division.

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The 2 package offers were the exact same in regards to draft pick value. I'm not sure how the Jets got played here. 

The Jets got played because both Hill and his Agent knew they were accepting whatever the Dolphins offered them regardless of what the Jets offered. And the knew this before the process even started and still called the Jets when they could have replied they replied to the Jets that Hill made up his mind and was signing with the Dolphins.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Cooper?

JuJu?

Cooper is an old busted highly paid WR that is on the wrong side of his career. you want to lock that up for the team and the foreseable future? terrible idea

JuJu is not a good WR he is not better then either our WR1 or WR2...

Sorry green ghost but if my choice is right now verse your reality where either one of those guys is on our squad verse some drafted kid at 10, i pick Joe Douglas reality every time. You would be a bad GM. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think it was Connor Hughes who started tweeting a few days ago that the way JD was structuring contracts seemed to indicate he was keeping a lot of Cap room in the current year for a big deal.  I’m wondering if it was ONLY for Tyreek Hill or if he has other targets.

Gotta imagine the next domino to fall is DK Metcalf. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WestCoastMole said:

The Jets got played because both Hill and his Agent knew they were accepting whatever the Dolphins offered them regardless of what the Jets offered. And the knew this before the process even started and still called the Jets when they could have replied they replied to the Jets that Hill made up his mind and was signing with the Dolphins.

What benefit was it to Hill to play the Jets? Hill could've just said he's only playing for the Dolphins and saved the Dolphins some draft assets. More then likely what happened is that the Chiefs independently shopped Hill and then when they had acceptable packages from both teams they let Hill know who they were and then he chose. 

31 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This is funny coming from the board Patriots fan and resident Tom Brady ball washer.

How are your Red Sox looking this year?

Life long jets fan... Not sure where you get your info from... Just because I live in Boston doesn't have anything to do with my sports allegence... Good try fool... Had season tickets section 137  since I was a young lad...

I am not the poser here sitting on other teams forums bashing them because your team is so boring that you can't even go on your own forum and talk about your own team. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Last 48 games

255 rec, 3286 yds, 26 tds

Tell me again how Lockett isn't better than any WR on our team. 

Your fandom is clouding reality.

Lockett is a WR2 playing wiht Russel Wilson who had DK in front of him. You putting his stats does not make me think he would be nearly efficient for the Jets nor woudl we want to pay him WR1 money and Sea compensation for him. Also I dont think he is available.

So yeah Hot Pocket, Lockett is a WR2, we already have one.

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Cooper is an old busted highly paid WR that is on the wrong side of his career. you want to lock that up for the team and the foreseable future? terrible idea

JuJu is not a good WR he is not better then either our WR1 or WR2...

Sorry green ghost but if my choice is right now verse your reality where either one of those guys is on our squad verse some drafted kid at 10, i pick Joe Douglas reality every time. You would be a bad GM. 

Drafted kids have risk too

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

no, you are. He lines up as a receiver all the time. Couldn’t surpass 50 yards the last like 10 games of the season. 

He surpassed 50 yds 4x the last 10 games he played in. 

How about Moore and Davis prove they can stay healthy before you put them ahead of anybody in this league? You dudes are ready to put Moore in the Hall of Fame off of 4 good games out of his 11 played.  Effing ridiculous

• Sympathy 1