Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I am the least surprised out of anyone on JN on this.  Joe wanted a proven a commodity 

Hill is uncover-able. All you can do is try and contain like herding cats. 4 Db’s surround and try not to let him escape containment 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Well however it turns out, can’t fault the Jets if it goes the other way.  It could simply come down to something out of their control like weather or state income tax. 

I expect him to pick Miami if the ball is truly in his court. 

He supposedly lives there in the offseason. 

33 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

If it’s up to Tyreek, I just do t see him choosing NY over FL. 

I never wanted to be more wrong though. But that sentence from Conor kinda cooled my expectations on this becoming a reality.  :(

Does he have a no trade clause?  Otherwise he may have no say in the matter.

59 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Mims and Becton

That and the 10th and one of our 2nds could do it. Then all we need to do it draft an OT with #4 and 2-3 of them are available that are worthy of a top 5 pick. Boy, why doesn't just one thing like this work out to get us over the hump. Haven't we all paid enough football dues?. 

Just now, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

The world is a big place my friend

6D5C1136-14B2-4DCD-A810-992C27D18B04.jpeg

I've been all over the world.  Just came back from a week of sailing in the BVI.  Jones Beach is a one of the most expansive white sand beaches in the world.   It serves a huge population, it's clean and beautiful and has stood the test of time.   NYers take it for granted.  It's a masterpiece.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

I think you do whatever you have to to get this guy.  You offer more assets you offer more salary.  The Jets have the ability to beat any offer.  This type of game changer is who you do it for.  Hill instantly becomes the BEST offensive weapon in Jets history.

The final missing piece on offense is a superstar wide receiver.  He completes the offense.  Maximizes Zach Wilson.  

This closes the chapter on the last 11 years of futility.  

This NEEDS to happen.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Joe D is going to look stupid if he does a Tyreek Hill deal involving either 1st round pick considering he was not competitive with Adams who went for #22 and is probably a better player. JMO...

There was no competition for Adams. He wanted to be a Raider and play with Carr. That’s it.

JD knows perfectly well that this is the draft to give up high picks.  They are worth much less than normal years.  I have no problem giving up a 1st and 2nd this year.  We aren't getting anywhere near the caliber of player as Tyreek Hill from the draft.  Watson won't even be close.

Now, do we want that type of guy in the locker room?  He is more or less human trash.  So make no mistake, we are selling our souls for what is clearly one of, if not, the best receiver in the league.

• Upvote 4

The thing is if the cost is contract plus a our first plus a second or third or eahtever, the deal should be done every dya of the week. Zach needs a WR to go to and you dont get the chance to add a guy like this every day. worth the draft capitol for sure. Worth the money?? to us??on our team that needs a clear number 1, yes absolutely. Plus As alluded to in other posts, JD has been preparing for this type of opportunity. We can pay him, we can afford him and he can take this OFfense to the next level and more importantly bring Zach.

Its a win win all around. Adams wanted to be a raider (stupid), but Hill probably just wants to be paid and get our of KC. If we lose out on him to Miami wahtever, but make no mistake it is the right move to go for him in our situation. JD knows this. 

Man it would be great.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If this is the haul we would have to give up I say pass.

We were most likely going to take a receiver at 10 anyways.  so it’s really just giving up number 35. And Hill is a proven star, who knows about the receiver we get a 10. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hael said:

JD knows perfectly well that this is the draft to give up high picks.  They are worth much less than normal years.  I have no problem giving up a 1st and 2nd this year.  We aren't getting anywhere near the caliber of player as Tyreek Hill from the draft.  Watson won't even be close.

Now, do we want that type of guy in the locker room?  He is more or less human trash.  So make no mistake, we are selling our souls for what is clearly one of, if not, the best receiver in the league.

I mean selling your souls seems pretty steep and not really accurate. I mean we employed Robbie Anderson, people thoguht Odel would be fine...name any other players XYZ...

I get it, im with you on that stuff but the reality is he hasn't done that stuff since as far as we know. And bringing him to a good culture might fix it. I mean it could all burn but I don't think it would be an issue on Saleh Team. I think he act right.

Man just think of what his first TD would look like for us, Moore Carter Wilson Davis all would instantly have better seasons, and lets not think about the TE would fit in. SOmeone said he is perfect WR fit for our system, well in fairness he is perfect fit for any system

• Upvote 1