Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

11 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If this is the haul we would have to give up I say 

Hill is 28 where he’s completely reliant on his burst.   Not a lot of longevity there.  

He won’t get nearly as much as people think.  

Adam’s is 29, but different kind of player 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

You want to follow Connor, he's the best source of Jets info:

If the Packages are very Similar it may be a first next year since the Dolphins first this year is is 19 picks behind us .Unless we are giving up 10 and the Phins are Giving a first this year and maybe some other picks to equal our 10th

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Does he have a no trade clause?  Otherwise he may have no say in the matter.

Doesn't matter.  Neither team would trade high picks for him without an extension.  If he wants one of the two teams, he can simply refuse to sign an extension with the other.  Game over.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I guess all that moralism from the Watson thread is gone.. ?

different circumstances.  Hill was arrested in 2014 for this, had his charges dismissed and expunged.  He was placed on 3 years probation Watson is still in the midst of his accusations, which are from 22 people. 

It would be HILARIOUS if this was JD punking the Dolphins and getting into a FAKE bidding war to drive up the price so that they pay through the nose for Hill, then have to give him a monstrous contract. 

This is very much not a JD move. Hill is 28, an UFA in 2023 who would want a monster contract NOW and would cost JD AT LEAST a top 10 pick. Its not happening. Yes, he's very, very good. But, just does not make any sense. I would be SHOCKED.  

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Id pick Miami for the tax reasons alone. Not to mention all the other quality of life stuff. 

Sure but if we pay him 5% more than MIA offers, that's a wash.  Contract offers are rarely even identical.  $1M more on a $20M/year deal covers it.  We have more cap room than MIA so I don't think that's going to be the deciding issue.

To me, the question is, does Tua have to throw the ball before the snap in order to get it to Hill on time?  And will Hill ever get a pass more than 15 yards in the air from Tua?