Sauce at 4 confirmed

You guys.  Gardner has been in the plans for a while now most likely.  I've been saying the draft would be something like Thibs/Sauce for a while.  If we select Gardner, it ain't because Hill was traded to Mia.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet2020 said:

We were likely going CB anyway. Doesn’t mean we are reacting to those khunts. 

^ Exactly.  But the usual suspects around here will make the false claims all day and night anyway.  I've been thinking it would be a Thibs Sauce draft for us for a while now.

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

so the QB will just throw to the WR that Sauce isnt covering. and he will have all day to do it cause we cant rush the passer.

this just confirms that JD knows WR is a top priority and will draft one at 4 or 10

Rewatch the 2009 AFC title game vs Indy and then tell me how much a shut down corner can be avoided with 3-4 WR sets.  Shut down corners are even less important now than then.  It's a passing league and stopping 1 WR does nothing now.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You guys.  Gardner has been in the plans for a while now most likely.  I've been saying the draft would be something like Thibs/Sauce for a while.  If we select Gardner, it ain't because Hill was traded to Mia.  

I feel like Sauce will be the pick as well. What do you think JD would do with Hall if he drafts Gardner?

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

I feel like Sauce will be the pick as well. What do you think JD would do with Hall if he drafts Gardner?

He'll be the pick if he drops to 10.  I still think we take Thibs at 4 and I still think he drops that far and it would be crazy not to take him. 

Double defense is highly possible here for 1st round and some members of this forum might have strokes or heart attacks while the draft takes place. 

Calling all health care providers... Doctors.. nurses... :

Please be on hand and ready to administer your skills for many members of this forum  during the draft next month.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Rewatch the 2009 AFC title game vs Indy and then tell me how much a shut down corner can be avoided with 3-4 WR sets.  Shut down corners are even less important now than then.  It's a passing league and stopping 1 WR does nothing now.  

You are right about wide receiver 1. The best way to stop 2,3,4 is making sure that they don't make the game!

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No. You pressure the QB. 

This. You make guys like Tua super uncomfortable in the pocket so he can't hit the burners at WR.

*IF* we draft an edge at #4 or #10 *AND* Lawson is fully recovered, we have a chance of doing that.

But, we still need more playmakers for Zach too

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We're going to have to outscore these teams.  We're not taking a CB in the first.

Probably an edge at 4, but then all offense with the next 3.

Probably correct, although I think Gardner has the potential to be revis-like good. Edge/Wr,  Edge/CB were the only two options to me. 

• Sympathy 1

i'm not against a top cb with the 4 pick.  cb's are what can be called skilled position players on defense along with edge.  a really good one will help out the defense.  but i also wouldn't mid seeing edge or wr at 4 and/or 10.  those would help out as well.  i kind of like the trade back idea with philly with the 10 going for the 16 and 19.  this sounds like a deep/even draft so there are decent players through the first round although not many standouts.  10 is probably as good as 20.

I often make mock drafts based on how the team's season ended

the Jets' season ended with 53 net yards offense vs Buffalo at home the worst offensive output in franchise history

all this talk about the defense aside the offense is still DIRE 

they can't draft a Jalen Ramsey type when the offense is still this terrible