Where do you rate the Jets WR Room as of Today?

Davis #1

Moore #2

Berrios #3

Mims #4

And some hang-around-camp type guys after that for the most part.

We (as a population) seem split on WR in the first this draft, or in some cases, at all.

In FA we keep getting reported as "interested" in name guys but have not signed anyone of consequence.

So as of today, knowing the Draft is still to come, where would you rank the Jets WR Room in terms of the NFL?

Or put differently, how many WR rooms do you think are worse, today, than the Jets?

It's meh, but there's still shots at improvement this offseason.

There's a lot of teams with worse WR corps, the first that comes to mind is the Falcons.

I feel like we are middling. Corey Davis is useful with a solid counterpart, and Moore is good. Berrios is always trustworthy too

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grandy said:

That WR room is not gonna cut it, period. Bottom tier. 

Our QB had the highest % of dropped passes in the NFL last year, and our current WR room is the same but even more stripped down. How is this not terrifying?

It's not terrifying - the Jets are going to be bad again next year. It is what it is. 6 wins will be an accomplishment.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Right now it's bottom 10 in the league. Hill would've made it potentially top 10 (pending Moore surging), DK would do the same. JD has to make something happen

DK is not available. 

Bart Scott asked that question to a ESPN insider i forget his name and he said JD and other teams have called and Seattle said hes not available.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, doitny said:

DK is not available. 

Bart Scott asked that question to a ESPN insider i forget his name and he said JD and other teams have called and Seattle said hes not available.

Great. Then the Jets head into the season drafting a 'high upside WR' from the draft, who of course needs time to work through rookie growing pains as he inevitably gets used to the NFL. What could go wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

At quick glance,  these are the teams I’d rank below the Jets.  Simply for WRs.

Patriots, Texans, Jaguars, Eagles, Commanders, Bears, Packers, Falcons.

Debatable among Saints, Giants, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens,

A few of those are debatable, but this is probably pretty close. 

Clearly, we are at or near the bottom 3rd of the league, IMO. 

We need at least one more impact WR. That's the bottom line to me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Joe just offered the farm outside of his 1st round picks for Hill and was prepared to drop a 100 million dollar contract on Hill...

I think i would place my bet on a trade before draft day. He's not satisfied with just "taking a WR at #10" -- so says the tea leaves.

of what I actually know was in the offer... 10 and 35.. there was probably more.. AND i heard he got to the point wehre he told hill to name his price on the extension.  he had it bad for hill. 

We'll see what happens next, but I think the move everyone is looking at is Seattle making DK available.  They have been hesitant but with all of the money and picks flying around I could see them maybe finally seeing whats out there.  If they do, JD is going to go all in. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I would expect by opening day there's a high pick rookie, plus another Keelan Cole-type FA acquisition in the mix. I don't expect Mims to be around then either.

yeah that is just what wilson needs Cole was such a stud for us right up their with perriman  (thanks Joe)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Joe just offered the farm outside of his 1st round picks for Hill and was prepared to drop a 100 million dollar contract on Hill...

I think i would place my bet on a trade before draft day. He's not satisfied with just "taking a WR at #10" -- so says the tea leaves.

The problem is - who? 

I can't imagine there are many more premier WRs available. Seattle is supposedly not interested in moving Metcalf. Who is realistically out there that can be had in a trade? 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

FWIW

yea I saw that, maybe its true.. My guy told me early in the process we had offered 10 and 35.  Also almost nailed Miami's offer.  Everyone hears different things, either way it was a moot point.  Chiefs agreed to both deals it was Hills choice... He chose miami. 

• Upvote 2