Where do you rate the Jets WR Room as of Today?

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

The fact that Davante Adams, Cooper, Tyreek, Robert Woods, Allen Robinson all got moved and we didn’t get one of them really stings 

Allen Robinson was a free agent, right? 

And the basic problem is that those other guys all had a huge say in where they got traded. 

It's a player's league. It's hard to attract stars when you suck. You have to establish competence first. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

apparently 10 and 35 was the initial offer.  They wanted more, Douglas turned and offered both 2nds and a 3rd and that was agreed upon.  

Thats what I was told just now, when I asked about the tweet, Take it for what its worth. 

The writing on the wall suggests no rock will go unturned between now and draft day. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Davis #1

Moore #2

Berrios #3

Mims #4

And some hang-around-camp type guys after that for the most part.

We (as a population) seem split on WR in the first this draft, or in some cases, at all.

In FA we keep getting reported as "interested" in name guys but have not signed anyone of consequence.

So as of today, knowing the Draft is still to come, where would you rank the Jets WR Room in terms of the NFL?

Or put differently, how many WR rooms do you think are worse, today, than the Jets?

51 minutes ago, Hex said:

It's meh, but there's still shots at improvement this offseason.

There's a lot of teams with worse WR corps, the first that comes to mind is the Falcons.

I feel like we are middling. Corey Davis is useful with a solid counterpart, and Moore is good. Berrios is always trustworthy too

#1. 

#2 Moore

#3 Davis

#4 Berrios

#6 Mims ---- will he even be here>

this is pretty much how it is. Davis will still kill you with untimely drops even if he gets his catch rate back up. just a guy

Fact is today its not great, not good its a lot of "hope" and potential nothing impressive or intimidating to any D coordinator 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Davis #1

Moore #2

Berrios #3

Mims #4

And some hang-around-camp type guys after that for the most part.

We (as a population) seem split on WR in the first this draft, or in some cases, at all.

In FA we keep getting reported as "interested" in name guys but have not signed anyone of consequence.

So as of today, knowing the Draft is still to come, where would you rank the Jets WR Room in terms of the NFL?

Or put differently, how many WR rooms do you think are worse, today, than the Jets?

4.7/10

Below average.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

Just wondering how many more rocks there are to turn over. 

Yea. You asked who? in another post I saw. I mean, who knew Hill was available 15 mins ago… tough to say.

Going that hard on Hill is an eye-opener though. He doesn’t fit the typical Douglas target, a bit older, expensive and sketchy history… That should tell you how serious he is about finding a big-time play maker. I can’t see him sitting on that till the 10th pick. DK has ego issues but apparently we’re past that. So who knows. I’m holding out for Jeudy/Aiyuk

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The writing on the wall suggests no rock will go unturned between now and draft day. 

agreed.  JD is committed to putting assets forward in order to get weapons for Zach now.  Not just any WR but when a premiere young talent is made available he will go all in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

apparently 10 and 35 was the initial offer.  They wanted more, Douglas turned and offered both 2nds and a 3rd and that was agreed upon.  

Thats what I was told just now, when I asked about the tweet, Take it for what its worth. 

27 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

of what I actually know was in the offer... 10 and 35.. there was probably more.. AND i heard he got to the point wehre he told hill to name his price on the extension.  he had it bad for hill. 

We'll see what happens next, but I think the move everyone is looking at is Seattle making DK available.  They have been hesitant but with all of the money and picks flying around I could see them maybe finally seeing whats out there.  If they do, JD is going to go all in. 

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Joe just offered the farm outside of his 1st round picks for Hill and was prepared to drop a 100 million dollar contract on Hill...

I think i would place my bet on a trade before draft day. He's not satisfied with just "taking a WR at #10" -- so says the tea leaves.

yup. he knows our WR core needs a boost. and if 10 was on the table, as it sounds, he's going to be working the phones. and now teams that may not have known, or not think he was serious just got a taste of what he was willing to part with.

22 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Moore is our #1 you all just don't know it yet.

he might be... in a passing league you need more than 1 guy. we all hope Moore is that dude. can't count on it yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Yea. You asked who? in another post I saw. I mean, who knew Hill was available 15 mins ago… tough to say.

Going that hard on Hill is an eye-opener though. He doesn’t fit the typical Douglas target, a bit older, expensive and sketchy history… That should tell you how serious he is about finding a big-time play maker. I can’t see him sitting on that till the 10th pick. DK has ego issues but apparently we’re past that. So who knows. I’m holding out for Jeudy/Aiyuk

He was described to me as "never wanting a player this badly". This is one that apparently will sting for JD badly. 

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

He was described to me as "never wanting a player this badly". This is one that apparently will sting for JD badly. 

well if Hill had the choice its not all on JD. sounds like the package was there for the Chiefs. 

again when your team is on a streak of losing for 10 years+ and the location is against a state that the weather is almost always great, no income tax... gonna be tough to win those 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why does it matter? That won't be the WR room when it's time to play games.

Why does the WR room matter?

Or why does discussing it matter?

If it's the later, the answer is "because we're fans, the draft is coming in the near future, and discussing how bad or not bad our WR need is in that Draft" is a topic worthy of discussion IMO.

14 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Why would the Chiefs favor #35, #38 and #69 over #10 and #35?

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I can't imagine Jeudy getting traded with Russel Wilson just getting there. 

I don't know, I'm sure JD will try, but I'm worried that he won't be able to move the needle at WR before the draft. 

There are some WRs in this draft I really like, however. 

3 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Said this briefly in the other thread but I think Douglas wants home run hitters at wide receiver.

Took the job and said “speed creates pressure, pressure bursts pipes”. He’s drafted two WR’s, both ran sub 4.4. Drafted Wilson who has a cannon and took deep shots in college. Went hard for Hill. Supposedly wanted Mike Williams who isn’t a burner but is a big play guy. I can even get aggressive with it and say he added the two TE’s so Wilson has big security blankets but he doesn’t need to add a big possession WR.

Having that home run element opens up the rest of the offense a little and I definitely think he wants it.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

At quick glance,  these are the teams I’d rank below the Jets.  Simply for WRs.

.....Commanders......

Interesting.  McLaurin is better than our whole room combined IMO, a legitimate top-end #1 NFL WR hidden on a meh passing team.

McLaurin/Curtis "Never healthy" Samuel/Dax Milne and a bunch of trash.  Yeah, our room combined is probably better than McLaurin alone.

Commanders passing game has in the past relied on Logan Thomas at TE (a top receiving TE when healthy) and the two RB's, Gibson and McKissic.  Be interesting to see if they keep that now that they have a QB who can throw.

I'd expect the 'Ders go go WR at #11 actually.

• Upvote 1

Its not bottom 5. Its probably somewhere btwn 5-10 worst in the league right now. 

Assuming a WR at 10 - its probably middle of the pack if the WR is a "hit" like a Devonta Smith or CeeDee Lamb was as a rookie - meaning not a bust but not a JJ/Chase. 

If the rookie WR is a hit its probably above average - maybe top 10 if Elijah Moore makes a jump. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Interesting.  McLaurin is better than our whole room combined IMO, a legitimate top-end #1 NFL WR hidden on a meh passing team.

McLaurin/Curtis "Never healthy" Samuel/Dax Milne and a bunch of trash.  Yeah, our room combined is probably better than McLaurin alone.

Commanders passing game has in the past relied on Logan Thomas at TE (a top receiving TE when healthy) and the two RB's, Gibson and McKissic.  Be interesting to see if they keep that now that they have a QB who can throw.

I'd expect the 'Ders go go WR at #11 actually.

That’s where it gets hard to gauge these positions as a group.  McLaurin is a beast to be sure.  If you line up Commanders and Jets receivers corps he’s the 1st pick 100 times out of 100.  But the next two are likely Jets, maybe even next 3 if Berrios wasn’t a fluke last year.

Browns fit that bill too.  Cooper is good, but then it’s Peoples-Jones  and I’m not sure who else.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why would the Chiefs favor #35, #38 and #69 over #10 and #35?

not sure... just what I was told. Again take it for what its worth. 

The salary slots at those positions are better, and the premium talent in this draft is pretty weak at top 10.  Maybe they viewed the total package loading up the 2nd and 3rd better instead of adding and extra 1st round salary (on top of their own first) to a roster that has a lot of high end contracts?  I dont know for sure.  Just guessing really. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, derp said:

Said this briefly in the other thread but I think Douglas wants home run hitters at wide receiver.

Took the job and said “speed creates pressure, pressure bursts pipes”. He’s drafted two WR’s, both ran sub 4.4. Drafted Wilson who has a cannon and took deep shots in college. Went hard for Hill. Supposedly wanted Mike Williams who isn’t a burner but is a big play guy. I can even get aggressive with it and say he added the two TE’s so Wilson has big security blankets but he doesn’t need to add a big possession WR.

Having that home run element opens up the rest of the offense a little and I definitely think he wants it.

I mean we've said it for months in the draft forum.. This was my case for Wiliams being the best fit for the Jets this year in this draft because of what he could do to open up other players on the offense.  We'll see though, a lot of different styles of guys they have looked at. 

Williams is a big box out player with a huge catch radius.  Hill is just an absolute burner and dangerous on underneath stuff.  Can point to a few guys in the the draft but we'll see what opens up here in FA. There will be more trades to come, its just the nature of this offseason. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That’s where it gets hard to gauge these positions as a group.  McLaurin is a beast to be sure.  If you line up Commanders and Jets receivers corps he’s the 1st pick 100 times out of 100.  But the next two are likely Jets, maybe even next 3 if Berrios wasn’t a fluke last year.

Browns fit that bill too.  Cooper is good, but then it’s Peoples-Jones  and I’m not sure who else.

Aye, that's fair. 

I think Curtis Samuel was EXPECTED to be a Davis-alike in terms of ability/production, but he's been poop generally (same as a fair few of our own fans think Davis was in 2021).

Like I said, with Wentz now in, I'd be somewhat shocked if the 'Ders' don't take the best WR off the board available at #11 this draft.  If Wilson falls that far, he'd be a steal for them, as McLaurin is one guy Wilson has been compared to by some scouts.  Hell, the 'Ders probably need to double dip at WR this cycle, unless they think Thomas (hurt last year) and the RB's really can pull in alot of receiving yards.

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

You hearing Jarvis Landry's name mentioned at all? Would be a big improvement over Crowder.

0 mention.  Ive heard he wants no part of being here. 

I dont think he fits what they want, he's a guy you can argue his best football may be behind him, plus he's a little redundant with the style of players we have already. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I mean we've said it for months in the draft forum.. This was my case for Wiliams being the best fit for the Jets this year in this draft because of what he could do to open up other players on the offense.  We'll see though, a lot of different styles of guys they have looked at. 

Williams is a big box out player with a huge catch radius.  Hill is just an absolute burner and dangerous on underneath stuff.  Can point to a few guys in the the draft but we'll see what opens up here in FA. There will be more trades to come, its just the nature of this offseason. 

Willams is the guy the Jets need to take and think they will.  My guess is they just take him at 10 and don't look back.

31 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Oof. Really hey. Suddenly puts Jameson Williams back on the radar I guess for round 2 if you want draw imaginary lines. 

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I can't imagine Jeudy getting traded with Russel Wilson just getting there. 

I don't know, I'm sure JD will try, but I'm worried that he won't be able to move the needle at WR before the draft. 

There are some WRs in this draft I really like, however. 

True re:DEN but the counter is they are down draft capital as a result and you ought not to need a plethora of WRs if you have a top 3-4 QB. …they’re Minus Fant tho.

I thought the Lafleur connection with Aiyuk and his slump year without Mike would play a part - but if rolling up the club looking for dimes…. Then maybe we looking at Mike Evans, DK fire power. Still think Hollywood is a possibility. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Yeah I don't think it's as important how they do it, but I think they want guys who can get loose down the field and create big plays. I'd argue Williams would've been ideal since he also can impact in the red zone but Hill's after the catch ability is key.

Fuller would be the cheapest way to tick that box but I assume he ends up in Cleveland.