What WRers are available for trade?

extmenace

While the highs and lows of the tyreek hill trade ultimatley ended with disappointment, the silver lining here, as fans, is that we now know that the front office is more than willing to make a big move for the right WR. Tyreek would have been an awesome get but what's done is done. With DK supposedly not being available and with the knowledge we now have, any thoughts on who else this team could try to pursue and make a deal for? Racking my mind here to see if this was the plan the whole time or if there were some others that could possibly be available.

Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

There's isn't a WR on the market but there's a few in the draft.

Yea, I assumed we were going after one with our first four picks until today. Today made me wonder if they'd rather just use their two 2nd rounders and get a proven commodity. Looks like thats what they perfered if tyreek was the guy. 

I don't think Hill specifically was the plan. But putting ourselves in position to land a #1 guy I believe is the plan. We can now cross off Ridley and Hill from the list.

Until the draft is over, I will continue to believe we will land someone. If draft day comes and nothing has happened, I’m pounding the table for Garrett Wilson.

Joe Douglas had the right offer on table for Hill. I’ll keep dreaming he’s going to nail this until he doesnt and it all comes crashing down.

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Notable other WR's up for extension include McLaurin, AJ Brown, Deebo, and obviously Metcalf.

Don’t think deebo or AJB will be available. Mclaurin would def be interesting though. 

• Upvote 1

if other gms are like douglas then they're all up for a trade.  it's only a matter of how much a team wants to give up.  i was sort of surprised that tyreek got traded but it's better to trade a guy early then wait too long.

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think plan A is to get a quality wr via trade.  Plan B is to draft one.  

I prefer Plan C.  Acquire one in trade and draft one somewhere between R2-R4.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if other gms are like douglas then they're all up for a trade.  it's only a matter of how much a team wants to give up.  i was sort of surprised that tyreek got traded but it's better to trade a guy early then wait too long.

That is why we can't really answer the question posed by the OP.  Before today, I don't recall seeing anyone speculatte that Hill might be available in trade -- although admittedly I have been out of the loop for the past few days.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Notable other WR's up for extension include McLaurin, AJ Brown, Deebo, and obviously Metcalf.

I would add Hollywood Brown (locked up with the 5th year option for 2023, but there have been rumors) and Diontae Johnson.  Darius Slayton doesn't seem very interesting.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

DBs overrunning the WR plus lame attempts at arm tackles. 

That play certainly didn't remind me of Mark Bavaro.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

DBs overrunning the WR plus lame attempts at arm tackles. 

That play certainly didn't remind me of Mark Bavaro.

even though Bavaro was a Giant I enjoyed watching him. He was a dam good ball player 

• Upvote 1

I don’t know if more will get traded. And if they do, they won’t be the caliber of Adams and Hill. Eventually these big trades need to run out, right?

Feels like Hill trade was the peak of ‘Jets trade for bigtime WR’ season and now that ship has sailed

49 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Don't think he's available, but wouldn't mind giving up one of 2nd rounders and maybe a 5th for CeeDee Lamb.

Why would the cowboys trade their stud wr who they drafted in the first round for a 2nd and a 5th?  Wrs go for a premium, those in their prime.  It’s been 20 yrs since the jets took a wr in the first round, that’s why we’re always sitting here begging them to sign guys that other teams draft. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Why would the cowboys trade their stud wr who they drafted in the first round for a 2nd and a 5th?  Wrs go for a premium, those in their prime.  It’s been 20 yrs since the jets took a wr in the first round, that’s why we’re always sitting here begging them to sign guys that other teams draft. 

Yeah I don't think they'd trade him but I'd love him in this offense. 

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

This honestly was not that impressive.  I don't see any OMG speed or agility jumping out at me.  What am I missing?

• Upvote 1