Jump to content

I love Michael Carter (RB) but I'm taking Breece Hall if there at 38.


JetBlue
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/9/2022 at 1:01 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I watched a few of the highlights below and the one thing I was surprised to read was that he ran a 4.39 in the 40.  He doesn't look that fast on the field as far as I can tell.  He does seem to take smart angles and looks very comfortable catching the ball in the passing game (check out the highlight at the 1m mark).  If JD believes in him then I'm all on board.  But from my untrained eye, I'm not seeing a superstar here.  

 

 

JD disagrees with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

JD disagrees with you. 

Yes he does.  If this was the guy JD wanted then I'm all for it.  I've been wrong many times before.  I do like that he's a real weapon in the passing game.  That definitely adds a lot of value.  Another safety valve for Zach.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, Untouchable said:

Frankly I don’t know why so many are against it.

Yeah, yeah…”RB has been devalued”, “it would be a luxury pick”, etc.

Unless we land a dude like Metcalf or Brown in the next few weeks, we’re most likely going into next season with Davis, Moore and Berrios as our Top 3 receivers. And every single one of them finished last year on IR.

Garrett Wilson is the only wideout worth taking in the Top 10 IMO and as much as I like him, I’m not remotely convinced that Douglas would take him at #10 over walking away from the 1st round with something like an Ahmad Gardner/Jermaine Johnson combo.

A solid plan for the Jets (and especially Zach) to be successful in 2022, barring a big trade for a legitimate #1 WR, is to run a bunch of 12 personnel with Uzomah and Conklin on the field at the same time and smashing the sh*t out of defenses with a Hall/Carter/Coleman trio behind a fortified OL.

Well look at this sexy beast! 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

So, did you like, rage?

Nah the rest of the draft was good enough that I can accept an absurd pick.

Which it would have been even if we’d waited until 38, let alone giving up a 5th to move up two spots. We got Bryce Hall and Michael Carter with 5th round picks in the last two years. Even if the Texans had taken Hall would we have been so mad with Kenneth Walker?

I wanted Travis Jones. Oh well I’m gonna love the player. A vibes pick if there ever was one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Nah the rest of the draft was good enough that I can accept an absurd pick.

Which it would have been even if we’d waited until 38, let alone giving up a 5th to move up two spots. We got Bryce Hall and Michael Carter with 5th round picks in the last two years. Even if the Texans had taken Hall would we have been so mad with Kenneth Walker?

I wanted Travis Jones. Oh well I’m gonna love the player. A vibes pick if there ever was one.

I'm kind of in the same boat, the over all haul was so good, I'm going to ignore that I dont technically agree with the pick and certainly the value paid.  It is easier to stomach w/ IMO the best WR in the draft.  It's also easier to stomach because they landed what was my wish for a while, IMO the best player in the draft, Sauce and I love JJ (I know you dont).  So when I look at it that way and then land what I think is also, the best RB in the draft, it's pretty damn good.  As much as I love Carter, I think they compliment each other well.  Hall more patient and Carter more put a foot in the ground and go.  I think Hall on play action and draw plays could be really nasty in this offense because he's so patient and see's the field so well.  I expect a pretty even share but it wouldnt surprise me if Hall started to take more snaps. Carter also gets nicked up pretty easy. 

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 10:27 AM, JiFapono said:

I'm kind of in the same boat, the over all haul was so good, I'm going to ignore that I dont technically agree with the pick and certainly the value paid.  It is easier to stomach w/ IMO the best WR in the draft.  It's also easier to stomach because they landed what was my wish for a while, IMO the best player in the draft, Sauce and I love JJ (I know you dont).  So when I look at it that way and then land what I think is also, the best RB in the draft, it's pretty damn good.  As much as I love Carter, I think they compliment each other well.  Hall more patient and Carter more put a foot in the ground and go.  I think Hall on play action and draw plays could be really nasty in this offense because he's so patient and see's the field so well.  I expect a pretty even share but it wouldnt surprise me if Hall started to take more snaps. Carter also gets nicked up pretty easy. 

 

 

Agreed 100%. Can’t say I watched much of the RBs this year because I didn’t think/didn’t want us to take one this high given the system, positional value, etc. etc. But I also did not think it was possible that they’d come away with three highly rated players at premium positions of need in the first round. When you look at the roster after the first round, where are the immediate needs? LB and S for sure, backup swing tackle/Becton insurance ok, run stuffing DT yeah. Not exactly dire needs at premium positions where you can’t get veteran stopgaps or developmental pieces in the later rounds or UDFA.

And I will say, after actually watching the tape I’m pretty sure Hall in this system behind a line with this potential is gonna be a sh*t ton of fun. And I haven’t had fun watching this offense in ages. I like fun, and I’m ready to have some again please.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Agreed 100%. Can’t say I watched much of the RBs this year because I didn’t think/didn’t want us to take one this high given the system, positional value, etc. etc. But I also did not think it was possible that they’d come away with three highly rated players at premium positions of need in the first round. When you look at the roster after the first round, where are the immediate needs? LB and S for sure, backup swing tackle/Becton insurance ok, run stuffing DT yeah. Not exactly dire needs at premium positions where you can’t get veteran stopgaps or developmental pieces in the later rounds or UDFA.

And I will say, after actually watching the tape I’m pretty sure Hall in this system behind a line with this potential is gonna be a sh*t ton of fun. And I haven’t had fun watching this offense in ages. I like fun, and I’m ready to have some again please.

I am with you on the fun part for sure.  Just imagine all the formations and looks we can now run including the two TE and two running backs with either Moore or Wilson at WR.  I am very excited to see what Zach does with all these weapons.  Hall and Carter in the backfield is going to be epic.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I am with you on the fun part for sure.  Just imagine all the formations and looks we can now run including the two TE and two running backs with either Moore or Wilson at WR.  I am very excited to see what Zach does with all these weapons.  Hall and Carter in the backfield is going to be epic.  

The other thing I am looking forward to is, 2 WRs who run in the 4.3s, along with a running back who runs in the 4.3s.

I like Carter. My thoughts are he will hold up better getting 10-15 carries a game, which is still 200 a year.   I would love to see Hall get the same work load, to keep both fresher and healthier.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The value is in getting the Jets top ranked runner based on the Jets scouts and the coaches.

No sleepless nights worrying about a Michael Carter injury and having to rely on jags (Ty Johnson or Austin Walters.) Less worry about hoping a lesser talent hits…

Valuable weapon, insurance, and fit = higher probability of working out (although still not 100%)

Zach played better when running game got going a little.  Heck - Sam Darnold was on track to win come back player of the year with a healthy McCaffrey.  Baker took the Browns to the playoffs with an offense led by Chubb/Hunt combo.  

Joe D understands draft value really well, but also knows we gotta win some games, or at the very least help the QB and score some points.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 12:38 AM, JetBlue said:

Hell, I might even consider him at 35, and that is with a very deep running back class.  That is just how good I think he can be.  Give Wilson a true franchise back with Carter as the change of pace back, and this offense will be light years better and Wilson will have a lot of the pressure taken off him.   Draft a WR (Garrett Wilson) at 10 or trade down and take Olave/Williams and a developmental receiver (Justyn Ross/Kyle Phillips) and TE (Jelani Woods/Cole Turner/Charlie Kolar) in the middle rounds and this offense will be special.   CJ, Conklin at TE with Hall/Carter in the backfield.   Moore, Wilson and Davis with Berrios (ST).   I would also have no issue with taking another offensive lineman (Cole Strange or Cade Maye) later.  

I know the odds of this happening are slim and as I mentioned this is a fairly deep running back class so we should end up with a decent player at running back, I just see a chance to add a special talent at the position and make our offense truly dynamic.   It won't happen but  I can dream can't I?  

Does your crystal ball see markets too? If so, I'd like to borrow it. Good job.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, sackdance said:

Does your crystal ball see markets too? If so, I'd like to borrow it. Good job.

I wish, although I have done pretty decent in crypto 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...