First desperation move by Joe

Phillyjet

Let’s see Ray Rice punches his wife and knocks her out and is expelled from NFL. Kapernick kneels down on a knee and gets ostracized from NFL. This piece of human waste commits felony domestic assault and battery by strangulation and walks. Oh geee too bad we missed out, if you’re into that sort of thing. 

The difference unfortunately is That Ray Rice was an aging Rb at that time and his best days were behind him. Colin at the time I believe lost his starting job and won 3 out of his last 19 games as a starter. Hill is a different animal. He is in his prime.a true elite playmaker that can still make an owner $$$$$$$$$$. That’s the difference. Sad but true. Teams/owners will put up with the neg pr…headaches.. and can put down the hammer conveniently on a subpar player and spin it the way they want… hypocritical NFL

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

The difference unfortunately is That Ray Rice was an aging Rb at that time and his best days were behind him. Colin at the time I believe lost his starting job and won 3 out of his last 19 games as a starter. Hill is a different animal. He is in his prime.a true elite playmaker that can still make an owner $$$$$$$$$$. That’s the difference. Sad but true. Teams/owners will put up with the neg pr…headaches.. and can put down the hammer conveniently on a subpar player and spin it the way they want… hypocritical NFL

If there was a video out of Tyreek Hill pummeling his family, wouldn't he be out of the league?

Ray got 2 games before the video came out. They stopped filming the national anthem at games because it made fans so mad.

The difference is video of this offense is absent. Otherwise we would have never even heard of Tyreek Hill.  

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

From what I heard, his teammates love him.  But I still am very happy he's not here.  I couldn't root for a guy like that, regardless of how talented he is (and he's extremely talented).

His playing abilities aren’t in question, it’s his POS wife beating bad temper, and antics that are.

I’m happy if we draft Wilson, Burks, or London, cheap young and potential to be a #1 receivers. 

• Post of the Week 2

Count me as someone who has been impressed by Joe's plan, never overpaying and taking the pain to restore a draft pipeline to the organization.  He was poised to strike for the right players if they were available and he spread it around.  Then came word that he was seriously considering paying a safety Marcus Williams over 15 million, a couple of years after he jettisoned Jamal, and then refused to pay Marcus Maye.  We dodged that bullet and he held.
The Tyreek thing was a whole other level.  A 28 yo Tyreek Hill, who let's face it, his best days are probably behind him, is going to blow up our draft and get the highest contract ever for a WR.  Domestic abuse history.  NY Jets and our history, our media.  This was a cocktail bound to blow up in our faces.  Reeked desperation to get that "player" for Zach.  There are no shortcuts here. THe best teams develop their players through the draft and use FA to supplement needs.  You overpay for your lineman, edge and CB.  At these prices for WRs, it makes no sense, particularly with a now steady pipeline of WRs every year in the draft.
We dodged a bullet again, but the fact that we almost sealed this deal convinces me that Joe is under a lot of pressure to win now.  I for one am happy we have our draft picks.  I would consider double dipping at WR in Rounds 1 and 2-3.  And I am willing to tolerate a 7-9 win season, to get us in position to grow again next year.  Tyreek sounded like a shiny new toy, but he wasn't.  He was a disaster waiting to happen in this market, and on this franchise.

28 years old and best days behind him?

The NY media would have given him no forgiveness for that, and they would have roasted him here.  And I still question whether his best days are behind him.  How would he react to that negativity here and the constant barage from the media.  The Jets are not given the benefit of the doubt; when they lose, the negativity multiplies.  Not sure that would have gone well. 

How are his best days behind him? He just went for 111 catches for 1239 yards. Good lord.

• Upvote 2

The question to douglas is, if he wanted hill enough to trade multiple 2nd round picks, and was presumably willing to sign him to mega money for a few years, then why wouldn’t he up the offer to make the chiefs decide to not allow hill to decide for himself?  Hill didn’t have a no trade clause, so if douglas wanted to he could have offered more to make the chiefs say to hill, look, we’re getting more from the jets so you don’t have the choice anymore.  

Hill did have a no trade clause

• Confused 1

You implied that the Jets and Chiefs could have taken away Hill’s ability to choose, when that’s not the case.  Hill didn’t have a no-trade clause, but he had leverage.  Bullying him into going to the Jets, or giving up more to both the Chiefs and Hill to pacify everyone, if that was even possible, would have been a bad move.

Tyreek hill had a no trade clause.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the beef many have is that maybe the chiefs wouldn’t have allowed hill to make his own decision if the jets offered a first round pick in the deal.

I think youre having a hard time accepting that he was allowed to make his own decision and he chose Miami because he spends so much time there

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

He should have showed more desperation and made an offer the Chiefs and Tyreek couldn't refuse. Yesterday was a bad day for this organization. They're gonna need to cross their fingers and hope someone else like that becomes available. 

HE.... DID....NOT....WANT....TO....COME.....TO....THE .....JETS.  Has NOTHING to do with the Offer.  He has a home in Florida and that state has no income tax.  For the love of God he was NOT GOING TO SIGN HERE.  The Chiefs had accepted the offer but you don't trade for a player like that on a one year rental and risk a circus of a hold out etc.  JD made a GREAT offer and the Chiefs accepted it.  Hill only had one team he wanted and that was Miami.  It sucks but those are the breaks. 

• Upvote 1

I still believe there are a bunch of shenanigans going on here about how serious the Jets were.  

Regardless though, we avoided a complete disaster with the hill situation.

Joe D needs to refocus and not get tempted by the quick fixes.  Stay the course, be patient, build through the draft and this will be the best team in the AFC 2 years from now.

• Confused 1