JD's Wrong headed and Stubborn Approach

Idzik had the same issues

im concerned that JD has found how to extend the rebuild into next year with woody with the “investment year “ 

Sack Wilson might make big improvements, it’s possible. 

His rookie stats are unfortunately in the group of rookies that don’t make it.  

it’s looking like the question is does Sack Wilson kill JD or Saleh?  I’m guessing Saleh  LaFleur probably gets hired away in the ultimate irony  

Ultimately , the AFC is loaded, the wildcard spots are taken, and all the Jets have to do to make the playoffs is add to their collection of division titles 

“Nailing the draft “would be nice but we also need the cheaters and Miami to flub the draft. The Jets needed an off season where they clearly gained ground on the cheater’s and Miami   It’s still possible I guess but there’s just no track record for JD to give that any legitimacy. 

Im at the point where I’ve just accepted that team success is a fools hope, so I plan to pick a couple players to follow, cheer for 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I learned a long time ago to stay away from Navy towns....but to each their own

Kev, you're 12 years old, who are you fooling? 

There is roughly 1 million people in Jacksonville, FL w/ about 17,00 enlisted Navy.  I'm not good at the math but would you consider that a Navy town?  Or a city that has a Navy base?  lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Larz said:

Idzik has the same issues

im concerned that JD has found how to extend the rebuild into next year with woody with the “investment year “ 

Sack Wilson might make big improvements, it’s possible. 

His rookie stats are unfortunately in the group of rookies that don’t make it.  

it’s looking like the question is does Sack Wilson kill JD or Saleh?  I’m guessing Saleh  LaFleur probably gets hired away in the ultimate irony  

Ultimately , the AFC is loaded, the wildcard spots are taken, and all the Jets have to do to make the playoffs is add to their collection of division titles 

“Nailing the draft “would be nice but we also need the cheaters and Miami to flub the draft. The Jets needed an off season where they clearly gained ground on the cheater’s and Miami   It’s still possible I guess but there’s just no track record for JD to give that any legitimacy. 

Im at the point where I’ve just accepted that team success is a fools hope, so I plan to pick a couple players to follow, cheer for 

Douglas has no control over who other teams sign or what they do.  His main goal should continue to be to amass draft capital and fix the offense.  It’s good he was in on the hill sweepstakes and at this point it seems likely we grab a wr in the first round.  For all the restocking in the afc teams like denver and cleveland have done, the jets will be right there with them if wilson takes the next step and the jets add talent in the draft.  

One thing that doesn’t get talked about here enough in terms of the problems last season is that the d was putrid on the run d.  Wilson sat out way too much time in the 2nd half of games b/c the d couldn’t stop the run.  Besides edge and wr this team needs interior DTs who can create 3rd down situations.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Clearly Hill wanted an input into where he was being sent, Miami matched the points total, and Hill wanted nice weather and no income tax. It’s the simple.

i believe we had the better offer. we had the most points. 

I can’t take it.  

Ban me for a while if you need too for personal attacks, But OP is a ******* idiot.  

But… he’s got 5 pages of replies so he’s probably jerkin himself off now because he thinks he won the internet today. 

JFC

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That "Rob Moore"?  The one we took who ended up costing us Favre?!  Lol

It was WELL WORTH IT!! 
#85 was the 2nd coming of Toon and the only reason to watch those inept teams during my teenage years; Hugh Douglas was a GREAT consolation prize until he was gifted by Lardcells to Philly?

and we ended up with Diçk pic Favre anyways in ‘08??

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Kev, you're 12 years old, who are you fooling? 

There is roughly 1 million people in Jacksonville, FL w/ about 17,00 enlisted Navy.  I'm not good at the math but would you consider that a Navy town?  Or a city that has a Navy base?  lol

I prefer towns with a large gladiator population 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Miami is a blast.  Love going down there for a week or two in the winter.   It's a second rate city compared to NYC.  That's not even debatable or the point.

There is absolutely no shot in hell where if I had a deal and was told it's between me and someone else I wouldn't get off my ass and fly in to see him or bring him in to see me before he decided.   Get off your fat ass and sell it.  There's a passive, limp Richard don't call me Dick approach that just smells Jetsy to me.  Go down fighting.

He wanted to go to Miami sorry jetblue95 nothing you can do about it.  Aw that's sucks gee he wanted to live in Miami.   You think Bob Kraft would go down like that?  He would have gassed up the Jet and met Hill at a tanning salon in Miami and had a contract with him. 

Believe it or not, there are people who don't want to live in NYC. 

You could double my salary, and I'm not going back up north, I like it down south too much.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Once again, JD is rumored to make a big move that could change the franchise, once again JD does not have the juice to make it happen. 

Rumors are that if JD sweetened the deal with the 10 pick for Hill, it may of been an offer the Chiefs couldn't refuse, but once again JD didn't want to overpay. But here is where JD and his cult following get wrong. We stink. We have won 6 games in the last two seasons. We have a question mark at QB. It's NJ. (No offense to some of you) We have a terrible owner and reputation. It all adds up to the "jets tax" as its known. FA's also are usually not wanting to come here unless they PAY (they did overpay Uzomah and he made the move) 

This is the critical mistake JD makes, he doesn't realize the Jets tax and thinks he still is at some respected franchise like Baltimore. The fact is to be picky, to make hard offers and then withdraw, you need to have something to back it up. The Jets, and JD, a first time GM who has done nothing but lose so far, do not have anything to back their hard negotiating tactics up with. 

Now JD has improved this team, hard not to when you look at our CFL team from last year. But when you look around the AFC, are we even close? We are missing the playmaker impacts we need to win football games. JD will need to pay some players for the Jets to go 10-7 or 11-5 and start to rebuild this teams reputation. A team doesnt gain respectability with "cap space" or "thrifting teams with trades" they turn into Ashyton Davis. Teams gain respectability by winning seasons. 

I hope JD and this stubborn front office re-thinks their approach. 

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

joe supporters defend him at all costs

they ignore his record--each year is the start of his plan 

they ignore his first draft-so they all busted out (yes we know becton is approaching that territory when the bucs got an all pro)

they give him a pass when he does not get players to come here-his job as gm is to get players to want to come here

they give him a pass for perriman cole davis mims 

We are on a 8 year plan to climb to the 7 win record joe walked into

I see Joe as Mac and Izadick was and until his team actually wins that is all he is a gm that wins 2-4 games

The Kool aid drinkers just hammered the crap out of your posts.....  JD is on the clock in my view. I have seen little that tells me he is the guy.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You could double my salary, and I'm not going back up north, I like it down south too much.

And you couldn't pay me to live in Florida. Just got back. I simply hate it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, chirorob said:

There is not a single Jets player that lives anywhere near NYC.  Does anybody know anything about the area where the Jets practice and play???????????????????????????????????

• Upvote 3

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

There is not a single Jets player that lives anywhere near NYC.  Does anybody know anything about the area where the Jets practice and play???????????????????????????????????

I live 10 minutes away. It's a great area.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets are entrenched in the reputations of 1) sucking, 2) being a defensive oriented team, and 3) the buttfumble.  That’s how the league perceives the jets.  They haven’t drafted a wr (or rb) in the first round in 20 years.  Every good wr on the jets during this time has been imported.  The jets are going to have to draft themselves out of these reputations and fix the offense before any good wr wants to come here.

Fixing the offense so that ZW can start throwing TDs at a 20+ clip...now...this year..is the only way I see JD-Saleh surviving beyond 2023.  They can't win without Zach succeeding.  Succeeding means Zach's putting points on the board.  Fixing the defense will not move the needle...if ZW can't make it as FQB.     

I posted this as a "scripture"...that's secretly whispered in the corridors of JetsLand...

"Thou shalt not provide a #1 wideout for a young drafted QB.  It is forbidden to take a WR in the 1st round."

Keyshawn Johnson....in 1996...was the last time a WR was drafted in the 1st round by the Jets.  It's a disgrace to defend this approach...when you draft young QBs.  Especially if these QBs...lacked a dangerous wideout.  Just ends up validating that "scripture".  And increases these QBs chances of becoming a fail.  Which is the history of Jets QBs...post Joe Namath.   

The two most essential WRs on this team...Davis and Moore...missed a total of 14 games last year.  There's no high volume go-to receiver here.  

Either JD-Saleh give their young QB Wilson...JD's highest rated wideout on his board.   Get him a decent productive veteran receiver to join this unit.  A stud RB to implement a strong run attack along with Michael Carter.  Draft an OL depth piece and future starter.  Or watch ZW struggle and possibly fail.   

As I've said before...I'm more concerned for the Jets failing ZW.  Then I am in Zach failing the Jets. 

If Zach Wilson is another QB fail in Jets history.  JD and Saleh will be history to.  It's as simple as that.        

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Amazing that this stupid narrative is being pushed by you while discussing a player we were prepared to pay 30 million dollars per year.

Even more amazing is that you continue to peddle this nonsense despite having it dissected and picked apart every single time you post it, as if it hasn’t been dismantled a million times.

Their FA wasn't that good. Tevin Coleman is awful 

They signed like 5 average players from other teams and like the worst from last year 

I especially liked it when they signed Nathan Shepherd to vet minimum 

3 million for a center feeney everyone hopes never plays (but you know he will) 

Eddy piniero. 

The Joe Flacco signing, just in case Mike white would ever get meaningful reps again 

These are chefs kiss SOJ type moves 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Fixing the offense so that ZW can start throwing TDs at a 20+ clip...now...this year..is the only way I see JD-Saleh surviving beyond 2023.  They can't win without Zach succeeding.  Succeeding means Zach's putting points on the board.  Fixing the defense will not move the needle...if ZW can't make it as FQB.     

I posted this as a "scripture"...that's secretly whispered in the corridors of JetsLand...

"Thou shalt not provide a #1 wideout for a young drafted QB.  It is forbidden to take a WR in the 1st round."

Keyshawn Johnson....in 1996...was the last time a WR was drafted in the 1st round by the Jets.  It's a disgrace to defend this approach...when you draft young QBs.  Especially if these QBs...lacked a dangerous wideout.  Just ends up validating that "scripture".  And increases these QBs chances of becoming a fail.  Which is the history of Jets QBs...post Joe Namath.   

The two most essential WRs on this team...Davis and Moore...missed a total of 14 games last year.  There's no high volume go-to receiver here.  

Either JD-Saleh give their young QB Wilson...JD's highest rated wideout on his board.   Get him a decent productive veteran receiver to join this unit.  A stud RB to implement a strong run attack along with Michael Carter.  Draft an OL depth piece and future starter.  Or watch ZW struggle and possibly fail.   

As I've said before...I'm more concerned for the Jets failing ZW.  Then I am in Zach failing the Jets. 

If Zach Wilson is another QB fail in Jets history.  JD and Saleh will be history to.  It's as simple as that.        

If they like garrett wilson enough to take him at 10 they should assume he’ll be gone by then and figure out how to get him anyway they can.  With real TEs and an improved OL, adding one more quality wr may be the difference between a functional offense and a crappy one.  

• Upvote 1

Most people are dismissing the OP, but there is a point to be made about Joe Douglas on this topic, whether you agree with the hypothetical move or not.  He DID have the power to make an offer that couldn't be refused.

Kansas City accepted the Jets trade offer of draft picks, period.  There is not much more that could have been done in this area.

However, if Joe Douglas REALLY wanted Hill, he needed to make him a contract offer he couldn't refuse.  The Dolphins signed him to a four year, $120m extension, including $72.2m guaranteed and $52.535m at signing.  If Hill preferred Miami over NY, then Joe Douglas needed to beat this contract offer, perhaps something along the lines of 4 years, $132m with $80m guaranteed.

Would I personally support such a contract for Hill?  No.  However, the argument that Joe Douglas was "powerless" in this situation is simply not true.  Joe Douglas had a price he wouldn't go above, and rightfully so in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Once again, JD is rumored to make a big move that could change the franchise, once again JD does not have the juice to make it happen. 

Rumors are that if JD sweetened the deal with the 10 pick for Hill, it may of been an offer the Chiefs couldn't refuse, but once again JD didn't want to overpay. But here is where JD and his cult following get wrong. We stink. We have won 6 games in the last two seasons. We have a question mark at QB. It's NJ. (No offense to some of you) We have a terrible owner and reputation. It all adds up to the "jets tax" as its known. FA's also are usually not wanting to come here unless they PAY (they did overpay Uzomah and he made the move) 

This is the critical mistake JD makes, he doesn't realize the Jets tax and thinks he still is at some respected franchise like Baltimore. The fact is to be picky, to make hard offers and then withdraw, you need to have something to back it up. The Jets, and JD, a first time GM who has done nothing but lose so far, do not have anything to back their hard negotiating tactics up with. 

Now JD has improved this team, hard not to when you look at our CFL team from last year. But when you look around the AFC, are we even close? We are missing the playmaker impacts we need to win football games. JD will need to pay some players for the Jets to go 10-7 or 11-5 and start to rebuild this teams reputation. A team doesnt gain respectability with "cap space" or "thrifting teams with trades" they turn into Ashyton Davis. Teams gain respectability by winning seasons. 

I hope JD and this stubborn front office re-thinks their approach. 

Yes, it's true the approach of just getting draft picks to groom cannot be done for 95% of player movement, though trading 4-5 picks for one player like Hill never seems to put teams over the top from what I have seen in the past. But, we will need to make a trade that causes an impact see Diggs with Bills, between now and then next year to get this O to be a real threat. And if Von Miller does well there Bills will be 2 for 2 on this as far as getting big names to change themselves on both side of the ball to make and continue to be contenders. We need to do that or especially now with all the AFC competition it is going to be extremely difficult to even sniff a winning record.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Most people are dismissing the OP, but there is a point to be made about Joe Douglas on this topic, whether you agree with the hypothetical move or not.  He DID have the power to make an offer that couldn't be refused.

Kansas City accepted the Jets trade offer of draft picks, period.  There is not much more that could have been done in this area.

However, if Joe Douglas REALLY wanted Hill, he needed to make him a contract offer he couldn't refuse.  The Dolphins signed him to a four year, $120m extension, including $72.2m guaranteed and $52.535m at signing.  If Hill preferred Miami over NY, then Joe Douglas needed to beat this contract offer, perhaps something along the lines of 4 years, $132m with $80m guaranteed.

Would I personally support such a contract for Hill?  No.  However, the argument that Joe Douglas was "powerless" in this situation is simply not true.

This is asinine reasoning.

IF YOU HAVE A BUDGET and a certain monetary CEILING for positional value/salary, then You will stick to your guns and not overreach (see Russia in 2022 for an example of overreach). You’re correct in that JD was not “powerless”, he showed fiscal restraint, maturity, and patience in that he didn't give in to an absurd contract and compensation to compromise the team’s  future and foundation that he’s been methodically trying to establish the past 2.5 years. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Their FA wasn't that good. Tevin Coleman is awful 

They signed like 5 average players from other teams and like the worst from last year 

I especially liked it when they signed Nathan Shepherd to vet minimum 

3 million for a center feeney everyone hopes never plays (but you know he will) 

Eddy piniero. 

The Joe Flacco signing, just in case Mike white would ever get meaningful reps again 

These are chefs kiss SOJ type moves 

Lake Tomlinson is not “average”, lmfao.  The TEs were very solid.  DJ Reed is a damn good player.

Conveniently, but not surprisingly, you ignored the fact that I pointed out how they were going to give Hill 30 million dollars per year, destroying any stupid notion that they’re being cheap.  That’s what you do though.  You cherry pick and ignore facts, get your narratives picked apart, and then disappear for long periods of time.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Would I personally support such a contract for Hill?  No.  However, the argument that Joe Douglas was "powerless" in this situation is simply not true.  Joe Douglas had a price he wouldn't go above, and rightfully so in my opinion.

But hill still had to agree to the extension. Take kc out of this, they really dont matter. Let’s say jd beats the Miami offer by 20 million but hill still says no- 70 million guaranteed is enough for me. 
what do you want him to do then?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I can’t take it.  

Ban me for a while if you need too for personal attacks, But OP is a ******* idiot.  

But… he’s got 5 pages of replies so he’s probably jerkin himself off now because he thinks he won the internet today. 

JFC

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Conveniently, but not surprisingly, you ignored the fact that I pointed out how they were going to give Hill 30 million dollars per year, destroying any stupid notion that they’re being cheap.  That’s what you do though.  You cherry pick and ignore facts, get your narratives picked apart, and then disappear for long periods of time.

The list of deals JD almost closed in the last two years is truly inspiring. He almost had Njoku and Trey Hendrickson He almost had Chandler Jones. He almost had Tyreek Hill. You could make an all star team with the players JD almost had 

File the 30 million dollars they almost gave Tyreek Hill under "if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle"

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The Jets needed an off season where they clearly gained ground on the cheater’s and Miami   It’s still possible I guess but there’s just no track record for JD to give that any legitimacy. 

What have the cheats done in free agency? Host Leonard Fournette? 

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Don’t want to speak for Kev, but he was a homer at first. 
the jets crushed him 

can’t imagine going 11 years with no playoffs, starting at 15 when I was his age. 

Lol the people who have been on this forum know I’m a fan and some know me from games. Im not worried but what people say but you are right….teams been a disaster for 11 years but Im supposed to be all hopeful! 

I just feel again the Jets are yet again falling behind other teams in the AFC via FA

35 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm not really sure that "give more money to the guy who doesn't want to be here" is the shrewd move you're making it out to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1