The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 hour ago, derp said:

Out of the subset of teams that were willing to trade significant draft capital for and pay them and that their current team was willing to agree to trade them to.

My point was that I don’t think KC and GB are in that group. It was a small group for Hill. I imagine it’ll be a small group for Samuel.

Agree, but I’d think Green Bay, for one, would absolutely be in on Samuel. They had a contract ready for Adams that they could just shift to Deebo, and they have the picks.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

He chose Florida as well because he will get taxed significantly less on his income, not to mention that the Dolphins are in a way more privileged position to compete. I think it was more so a combination of factors, than the fact of just being Miami. 

I don't see the same differences betweens Atlanta and New Jersey - Which for all intents and purposes, the Jets still have the global market of NYC as an advantage. 

I always remember the example of Odell Beckham Jr being an actual famous player worldwide when compared to any other NFL WR. That only happened because of New York. 

Fans assumed he chose Florida because of taxes. We dont really know why he prefers Florida. Lots of reasons to prefer Florida over NJ.

Have you bean to Atlanta? Georgia is a top 5 state when ranked by number of people moving to a state. That suggest many people disagree with you that there is no difference between Georgia and NJ. Atlanta is a beautiful city and the weather is great.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Been hyped all day and I just had the wind taking out of me when i read geography is a factor. I’ve already had my let down. I’m guessing Atlanta also. By east coast, my guess is the southeast. Nobody in my lifetime has been like, I’m trying to move to NJ. You live there because you were born there or got priced out of NYC.

Excuse me, you can also be extradited to New Jersey. cc: Hoboken’s own @Gastineau Lives

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Fans assumed he chose Florida because of taxes. We dont really know why he prefers Florida. Lots of reasons to prefer Florida over NJ.

Have you bean to Atlanta? Georgia is a top 5 state when ranked by number of people moving a state. Atlanta is a beautiful city and the weather is great.

Hill is from Florida and he bought a massive house there in February.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agree, but I’d think Green Bay, for one, would absolutely be in on Samuel. They had a contract ready for Adams that they could just shift to Deebo, and they have the picks.

Again, I think if a legitimate NFC competitor is trying to make an offer for Samuel and the only team he’ll accept a deal to, I think SF just does what Pittsburgh did with Bell and lets him rot then lets him walk. Sounds like Samuel wants to go east anyway which wouldn’t fit GB. 

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tyreek Hill wanted to go back to Florida where he’s from and bought a mansion back in February. Davante Adams grew up in LA a Raiders fan and gets to play with Carr. Unless Samuel always dreamed of being a shortstop for the Yankees and wants to come field Zach Wilson’s worm-burners for a living, what is his motivation to play here instead of with Aaron Rodgers?

You've been away a while don't know if you've heard but Zach Wilson don't shine shoes no more. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Hypothetically: If Deebo was in this draft right now, as a proven pro, he would go #1 overall.

And you want to hold onto 10 for who, London? Wilson? JJ? Karlaftis? 

You are building a straw man argument. If Deebo were 21 years old on a 5 year rookie contract I would absolutely give up either of our firsts, however that is not the case.

My stance is that 35 and 38 are going to be more valuable than any pick given up by any other team who is also willing to give him $30m per year. Why would you outbid yourself?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Unless Samuel always dreamed of being a shortstop for the Yankees and wants to come field Zach Wilson’s worm-burners for a living, what is his motivation to play here instead of with Aaron Rodgers?

Sounds like you haven’t seen Wilson’s mullet. 

52 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Remember the salary cap is going up a lot the next couple of years. Boomer predicated a $300m cap soon. So bottom line if you can get him and give him a 5 year $125m deal it’ll still be a bargain especially considering when guys like Justin Jefferson, Jamaar Chase, Cooper Kupp, Eligah Moore start looking for new contracts 

Elijah Moore? 
Let Me In Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tyreek Hill wanted to go back to Florida where he’s from and bought a mansion back in February. Davante Adams grew up in LA a Raiders fan and gets to play with Carr. Unless Samuel always dreamed of being a shortstop for the Yankees and wants to come field Zach Wilson’s worm-burners for a living, what is his motivation to play here instead of with Aaron Rodgers?

Let’s not assume!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There was a tweet by a friend or family member or whatever that said 25M minimum.

The additional 5M is the tax they'd have to pay to get him to come to the Jets.

Based on his '21 level of production and the contracts that are being paid to WRs these days, he and his agent have an easy argument for 25+ M.

If he's not willing to line up all over the field then it's a hard no. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

You are building a straw man argument. If Deebo were 21 years old on a 5 year rookie contract I would absolutely give up either of our firsts, however that is not the case.

My stance is that 35 and 38 are going to be more valuable than any pick given up by any other team who is also willing to give him $30m per year. Why would you outbid yourself?

So you want to hoard, the 35th and 38th rookie draft picks and coach them up like the Niners did Deebo. Pay them peanuts and pray they play at an elite level yet stay loyal through the entirety of that contract. 

Rather than pay for a a 3 year pro, proven commodity, at a position of dire need, fair market price? What happens if those picks hit and they grossly outplay their contracts in 2-3 years? This is a precedent that has been set and will not go away anytime soon.

What do you think Elijah Moore would do with 1900 AP yards and 14 TD's under his belt entering into his last season under contract. All be it, playing in a town that takes half his salary? 

I do not want the Jets to outbid themselves. If its the Jets that get him and its less than #10 ill jump for joy. That's where I'm willing to go though if the market dictates that. 

• Upvote 3