The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

By the way, I'm sure it's been addressed in this thread, but if someone trades for Deebo, it has to be BEFORE the draft.

Any trade for Deebo is going to be contingent on him signing an extension.  A team is not going to give up high round draft picks, without that condition.

Thus, the extension needs to be negotiated, physical has to be passed, and Deebo needs to sign before the draft picks are actually used by the receiving team.

All of that is not going to happen while someone's on the clock.

And any team who makes the trade without all of that happening before they lose their picks is playing a very very risky game.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just look at this gem from cynthia frelund from nfl.com in an article speculating on draft trades.

NEW YORK RECEIVES:

WR Deebo Samuel

SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES:

WR Elijah Moore

Round 1, 2022: No. 10 overall

Round 2, 2022: No. 35

These people throwing out trades call themselves "connected". Pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Why on earth are the Dolphins looking for another WR. I think they have a wink wink “let’s f*ck with the Jets and make them overpay” thing going on

Hill, Waddle and Deebo....catching balls from Tua.

With the Dophins having no draft capital to trade up for a QB next year and no cap room to sign one.

I almost want to see it happen.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Hill, Waddle and Deebo....catching balls from Tua.

With the Dophins having no draft capital to trade up for a QB next year and no cap room to sign one.

I almost want to see it happen.

It would be the most comical allocation of resources in recent memory. Getting those WRs for Tua is like buying a Lamborghini and using a Kia motor inside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What makes me worry is that the Eagles are involved and have 15/22 in the first. If you’re Philly, why not make that trade? They could be a really dangerous team in a weak division

We didn't budge for Hill when the Dolphins were involved. The Eagles aren't making us move from our price. Itll be great to land Deebo. But paying too much is counter productive. The Seahawks learn that lesson with Jamal.

No WR is worth the 10th pick and the 38th pick. We should know by now that only QBs are worth that much.

If we do budge, it means Woody got involved. In that case, we might as well wait for the next rebuild because this one will be go up in flames quickly until Woody once again accepts his role.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The only pick they have in the top-3 rounds is at #102. 

This is nothing more than fans getting even more delusional than usual.

They were saying they'd pretty much Ricky Williams their next draft, which is totally not happening.

Either the people saying this are full of it (likely), or the Dolphins are doing the most blatant price hike ever (not likely because it would be seen through).

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The compensation the Packers and Chiefs received for Adams/Hill was like the number 13 pick in the draft. We're offering 10. 

I love Deebo but they can get ****ed if they think they're going to get more than that.

Agreed. 

I think #10 overall should get it done. Maybe I'd go #10 and a midround pick to make sure I got him, but I think anything more than that and I just take my chance with my favorite WR at #10.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My second favorite scenario is the Dolphins paying 50 something million to two receivers and giving up all that draft capital to do it. 

Plus, is Waddle (who had a very good year) suddenly their third option? 

They would have the most loaded group of WRs in the league, but it seems like a practically unworkable plan. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

So I have not been following this thread closely. Why are some of you so certain that Samuel's getting traded to the Jets? I don't see any media sources claiming that. 

It's all speculation and reports from "source" bros. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Feel like these deals are never as simple as Deebo for 10. If they’re negotiating I wonder if it’s more Deebo + 93 or 105 for 10 (close chart value to Hill, Adams trades) or Deebo for 10 + 111 or 117.

Having been pleasantly surprised by past Douglas trades something along the lines of the former would be cool and not a complete shock.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Feel like these deals are never as simple as Deebo for 10. If they’re negotiating I wonder if it’s more Deebo + 93 or 105 for 10 (close chart value to Hill, Adams trades) or Deebo for 10 + 111 or 117.

Having been pleasantly surprised by past Douglas trades something along the lines of the former would be cool and not a complete shock.

I think it also helps with both the participants perception and the publics when the deal isn't as "clean" as this for that. Once you add in these adjustments it makes it more palatable.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It's all speculation and reports from "source" bros. 

Well, it's also based on history of the recent NFL.

When a guy wants out - and is determined to get out - it mostly happens these days.

I think, at this point, it's more likely than not he gets traded...and for all of the reasons already stated, the Jets are the favorite to land him.

• Upvote 1