The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

It’s getting crazy in here. Haha.

Hill is much more accomplished than Deebo. The only reason to justify a similar trade package is that Deebo is entering his prime while Hill is towards the backend of his prime. I’d still rather have Hill but Deebo is a good consolation prize. 

If we're saying that neither of them is getting injured, I'm taking Deebo all day. He blew him out of the water last year playing with Galliopoloi whereas Hill played with State Farm.

21 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Now this, this is a legitimate concern. But I look at the two seasons where he didn't have the foot fracture and see that he played in all but one game in each of them. 

As for his playing style, well he won't be asked to carry the ball 59 times here. Otherwise, you don't average 18 yards a reception by running guys over. You do that by running away from them.

I'm wondering if part of the issue is Deebo wants to be treated more like a WR than a WR/RB hybrid to avoid injury and extend his career.

I mean...how to do you negotiate that with any kind of measurable? It just seems odd that SF is seemingly willing to pay him what he wants yet still wants out. There is more to the story and I'm wondering if style of play hes being asked to do is part of it.

• Upvote 3

I can see this move, but it would concern me that he will not pan out and I would think we would be underdogs to some other teams trading for him. Our advantages would be  AFC team, system, possibly LaFleur and Saleh, and our draft capital. I was not so in love with what we offered for Hill and not sure I give that for Deebo.  Plus our #1 s are really high. As much as I am not in love with this draft I might prefer to use future draft picks in a trade for this guy. If we have a trade down partner for 4 then something using 10 might be viable and not change how much the draft can help us.  I won;t be upset either way, though if he is traded I would bet on a team like the Chiefs getting him

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'd like to introduce you to one of my word friends. His name is IF. Do you know him and what he's all about? I'm sure he'd like you too. Go ahead and introduce yourself. Go on. Don't be shy. He doesn't bite.

Do yourself a favor and just stop if you want your points to be taken seriously.  Enjoy your day. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm wondering if part of the issue is Deebo wants to be treated more like a WR than a WR/RB hybrid to avoid injury and extend his career.

I mean...how to do you negotiate that with any kind of measurable? It just seems odd that SF is seemingly willing to pay him what he wants yet still wants out. There is more to the story and I'm wondering if style of play hes being asked to do is part of it.

I would totally buy this, but I thought the word was that he wanted to be paid the highest non-QB salary in the league precisely because he was more than just a WR? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't know though. This is the only season where he had any significant carries and that happened only after Elijah Mitchell went down. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

I read he liked to be strapped face down into one of those spinning sex harnesses and then lowered onto his date for the night, while he yelled "Da Helicopter! Da Helicopter!"

lol actually he would ask the hot women on set to zip up his fly for him because his hands were too weak or something among other stuff

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's twenty years. I know you mean ten or so basically you're using language to make a point because now I have to respond that we were in back to back AFC championships 11 years ago and that sounds silly so well done.

I guess your point is that we can never get the good players until we get the good players? That we're a wasteland until we're not a wasteland or is all lost and we should just all find something else to do?

I wasn’t thinking so dramatically. I was thinking more that if he comes here he needs to be perfect otherwise he’ll get eaten alive. 

would it really surprise you to find out that the Jets suck to play for? 

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s getting crazy in here. Haha.

Hill is much more accomplished than Deebo. The only reason to justify a similar trade package is that Deebo is entering his prime while Hill is towards the backend of his prime. I’d still rather have Hill but Deebo is a good consolation prize. 

Yes, the big advantage with Deebo is age. 

I love Deebo, but if we get him, I don't want him getting anywhere near as many carries as he got in SF. Cut that number in half. Let him split his carries with Moore and Berrios. 

• Upvote 1

Oooooooh we could do so many cool things with regards to that. Our option was already really nice as is with Moore and Berrios, but then add a 3rd who is possibly the best at it in the game?

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I love Deebo, but if we get him, I don't want him getting anywhere near as many carries as he got in SF. Cut that number in half. Let him split his carries with Moore and Berrios. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I wasn’t thinking so dramatically. I was thinking more that if he comes here he needs to be perfect otherwise he’ll get eaten alive. 

would it really surprise you to find out that the Jets suck to play for? 

No, but that can change quickly and doesn't even necessarily apply to JD and Saleh et. al. 

You can't run a football team with that mindset.

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He only got carries last season. And that only came when Elijah Mitchell went down. He carried the ball 53 times in 8 games. But I'm not even sure that they were all RB carries. 

I doubt he'd be asked to play a similar role here.

He had 6 carries in the first 8 games of the season. Those weren't RB carries, they were end arounds or screen passes behind the QB, I can almost guarantee.

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not going to argue the age thing as it is a valid point but hill is 28.  Deebo is 26.  DK and AJ are only 24 so Deebo is much closer in age to Hill then the other guys but that is a moot point though because they probably aren't available. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Not going to argue the age thing as it is a valid point but hill is 28.  Deebo is 26.  DK and AJ are only 24 so Deebo is much closer in age to Hill then the other guys but that is a moot point though because they probably aren't available. 

Agreed. 

DK would be my preference, but I don't see Seattle trading him, and certainly not to us. 

Honestly, I don't think we are getting any of these guys. 

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He only got carries last season. And that only came when Elijah Mitchell went down. He carried the ball 53 times in 8 games. But I'm not even sure that they were all RB carries. 

I doubt he'd be asked to play a similar role here.

He had 6 carries in the first 8 games of the season. Those weren't RB carries. And they were end arounds or screen passes behind the QB, I can almost guarantee.

Animated GIF

I found it interesting that in the last 8 weeks in 2021 Samuel had more rushing attempts than passing targets in all but 1 game.  I am not in the camp of not trading 4 or 10 for him but cannot argue his production.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

DK would be my preference, but I don't see Seattle trading him, and certainly not to us. 

Honestly, I don't think we are getting any of these guys. 

I agree that I do not see us getting any of them and while it would make next season exciting I also feel like it may be best in the long term if we do not end up getting any of them. 

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How you average 18 yards a reception taking huge hits is beyond me.

It's not the receptions that are concerning its the hammer tailback carries. He's taking and delivering huge hits. This is not a Curtis Martin situation 

The dude will be retired before 29

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, but that can change quickly and doesn't even necessarily apply to JD and Saleh et. al. 

You can't run a football team with that mindset.

That’s kind of my point. It’s not my mindset. I’m sure if it were up to the Jets, they’d land FAs left and right. But it’s up to the players more often than not. Why would Deebo want to go to the Jets and lose (and get lambasted while doing it) when he can go to another team and win? 

again, 3-4 solid starters > 1 Deebo. 

Just now, bitonti said:

It's not the receptions that are concerning its the hammer tailback carries. He's taking and delivering huge hits. This is the a Curtis Martin situation 

The dude will be retired before 29

Bit, he had 6 carries in the first half of the season. And those might not have even been actual carries but screens. His role changed after Mitchell went down and I doubt the 49ers were going to use him like that again for a whole season or going forward, let alone a NEW team.

So, we are left with last year's carries and I doubt the 59 carries from last year will have that big an impact.

1 minute ago, the Claw said:

That’s kind of my point. It’s not my mindset. I’m sure if it were up to the Jets, they’d land FAs left and right. But it’s up to the players more often than not. Why would Deebo want to go to the Jets and lose (and get lambasted while doing it) when he can go to another team and win? 

The niners are taking the best deal and Deebo will have to live with that even if he thinks the Jets are Hitler in Green (mods, can we change my username??) 

3 minutes ago, the Claw said:

If you get Deebo you're automatically disqualified from finding three solid guys? 

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Bit, he had 6 carries in the first half of the season. And those might not have even been actual carries but screens. His role changed after Mitchell went down and I doubt the 49ers were going to use him like that again for a whole season or going forward, let alone a NEW team.

So, we are left with last year's carries and I doubt the 59 carries from last year will have that big an impact.

I'd rather they draft a young running back to mash into the line than pay for a high mileage 26 y.o

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is exactly why when people sh*t on fantasy football they're being ignorant. 

I tried fantasy football for two years. 

For me personally, I just didn't enjoy it. Without fantasy football, the Jets are the only stressful game of the week. I like it that way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2