The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He did (this was later in the season and playoffs).

Yeah, you're right. I'm assuming this is what pissed him off. They probably couldn't help themselves seeing as it worked so well when they had no other choice after Mitchell went down. You would think that they would have given him assurances not to use him for those seven or so carries a game, but maybe the damage was done?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm assuming this is what pissed him off. They probably couldn't help themselves seeing as it worked so well when they had no other choice after Mitchell went down. You would think that they would have given him assurances not to use him for those seven or so carries a game, but maybe the damage was done?

Yeah. I’m trying to think back how those games went and if he looked like he had any issues on the sidelines. There really wasn’t any need to use them once Mitchell came back cause Wilson was still there and Mitchell was really effective. Maybe he just doesn’t trust them after those possible assurances. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Yeah. I’m trying to think back how those games went and if he looked like he had any issues on the sidelines. There really wasn’t any need to use them once Mitchell came back cause Wilson was still there and Mitchell was really effective. Maybe he just doesn’t trust them after those possible assurances. 

He helps the offense with the ball in his hands. Why wouldn’t they use him?

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

This is kinda big.

I previously said no one is coming to save us, hope I'm wrong. 

At what price though?  I assume someone will offer a late round first so we'd have to do #35 and then some to beat it.  I wouldn't give up a first for him.

I woulnt mind if we traded for him, im all for it. I just worry that we pay too much, cooper went for liek a 6th rounder...we going to have to pay that man, so give a team a 3rd rounder and call it aday, over that let me draft drake london.

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If Deebo has any say on where he wants to go, I don’t see how the Jets compete with the Packers and Chiefs here. I mean, unless he absolutely loves Saleh and LaFluer. That’s their only shot. Both those teams lost #1 WRs they were willing to pay, and I doubt JD will go overboard with the money.