The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 minute ago, slats said:

If Deebo has any say on where he wants to go, I don’t see how the Jets compete with the Packers and Chiefs here. I mean, unless he absolutely loves Saleh and LaFluer. That’s their only shot. Both those teams lost #1 WRs they were willing to pay, and I doubt JD will go overboard with the money. 

Think it's gotta start with getting the best trade. With the Hill thing both us and Miami had an offer that was accepted so Hill had freedom to choose wherever. Wonder if the coach connection would help us too.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

If Deebo has any say on where he wants to go, I don’t see how the Jets compete with the Packers and Chiefs here. I mean, unless he absolutely loves Saleh and LaFluer. That’s their only shot. Both those teams lost #1 WRs they were willing to pay, and I doubt JD will go overboard with the money. 

It seems like it's about money so overpaying/offering the most seems like the only logical reason he'd come here.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If a guy wants the ball less that’s a first lol. Not someone you give another contract to.

He doesn't want to be used as a RB which is understandable. That's going to hurt his future earning potential 

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I will smooth my entire body if we land Deebo.

NOW I'm being sexual.

23 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Dude, I would wax your hard to reach places if it meant landing him.

Guys, take this kind of talk to the Mod lounge.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If you get Deebo you're automatically disqualified from finding three solid guys? 

If you use those picks to acquire him, then yes. That means you don’t have those picks to pick players with. 

you like Deebo, I get it. I think it’s stupid to spend so much capital on one player when there are plenty of holes to fill all over this team. A lot of good your star is doing when he’s sitting on the sideline because the defense is giving up yet another 75 yard drive that takes half a quarter. 

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Is it? How many WRs were also used as RBs? Not a large sample size. I don’t blame him. 

Don’t blame him either but that’s where his value is. If you can’t use him in swing passes, sweeps etc then is it worth giving up assets and a big contract?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Don’t blame him either but that’s where his value is. If you can’t use him in swing passes, sweeps etc then is it worth giving up assets and a big contract?

Who said anything about swing passes and sweeps? They were straight up running him out of the backfield. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

they say he wants out because of death threats, right? i dont believe it. death threats can happen anywhere. so what happens if he gets traded and he gets more threats, does he demand a trade again!. and how do we know its really 49ers fans who dont want him. could just be a troll.

nah, its something else.

could be he doesnt like the offense or the way he is being used. or he doesnt want to play for a 2nd year QB who isnt that good ATM. 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hot Take:

G.Wilson/Breece Hall at Rookie Contracts > Deebo Samuel at Franchise WR Contract

J.Williams/Breece Hall at Rookie Contracts > Deebo Samuel at Franchise WR Contract

If it's up to me, I stand pat, I do not trade #10 and one of our 2nds for Samuel.  

JMO.  

Why are you so worried about his big contract? Is there literally anyone on this team right now who you are worried about resigning if you have a Franchise WR contract on the books?

Anyone who can even sniff a second contract was a rookie last year. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How

Wear and tear. Obviously a few gadget style plays here and there shouldn't be a huge deal but if he continued getting the kind of usage he did in 2021, wouldn't be crazy to see a sharp decline in his play within the next few years 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hot Take:

G.Wilson/Breece Hall at Rookie Contracts > Deebo Samuel at Franchise WR Contract

J.Williams/Breece Hall at Rookie Contracts > Deebo Samuel at Franchise WR Contract

If it's up to me, I stand pat, I do not trade #10 and one of our 2nds for Samuel.  

JMO.  

If we offer 10, we cannot add in a 2nd. Do not want to give away a 1st and a 2nd at all despite how much I like Deebo. 

• Upvote 3