The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

7 minutes ago, derp said:

In a vacuum sure, but there are 29 other teams too. I’m sure if he tries to force his way to the Packers they’ll tell him to shove it, and I’m sure Samuel understands that. Hell Hill and Adams just went to the Dolphins and Raiders.

The examples you gave are appealing for the player I’m sure, but not realistic trade destinations IMO and there’s more of a juxtaposition than a choice Samuel will actually make.

It’ll be like, Jets vs. Falcons or something. Something closer to Hill’s decision. Doesn’t mean he’ll be a Jet but I don’t think it’ll be as cut and dry as Packers or Chiefs, think the Chiefs already leaked they’re out.

Hill dictated his trade to the Dolphins and Adams dictated his trade to the Raiders, though. They picked those teams themselves.

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

dont need him cause we have berrios right @Jetsfan80 Deebo is not all pro kick returner like Berrios. am i right?? lol god your inflated love of that kid makes me laugh

I love trolling you about your wrongness on Braxton Berrios wayyyyyy more than I love Braxton Berrios.  And I do like the kid a lot.  I just like making you look silly a lot more. 

Even when you're dead wrong about something (which is often), you convince yourself you were right.  SEE ALSO:  Darnold, Sam.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats not what it is about.  This guy has played only 3 years in the league, has only had 1 good season and has the gall to demand to be the highest paid non-qb in the league or be traded???????

You start this precendant as a franchise and its curtains.  Every decent player we have will have demands after 3 years.  Joe you paid Deebo after 3, pay me!

There is 0 chance Deboo is on this team and its not worth my time so enjoy wasting yours.

You left out the tidbit about not wanting to be a rb wr hybrid anymore.

For more historical reference: the Giants got a 1 (#17) and a 3rd (#95) + 2 players (Peppers and Zeitler) for OBJ.

I don't see top 10 picks getting traded for a WR....no matter how good they are. We're not talking a QB or dominant edge rusher here.

Look what Dallas got for Cooper (and Deebo wants more $ than that)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hill dictated his trade to the Dolphins and Adams dictated his trade to the Raiders, though. They picked those teams themselves.

Out of the subset of teams that were willing to trade significant draft capital for and pay them and that their current team was willing to agree to trade them to.

My point was that I don’t think KC and GB are in that group. It was a small group for Hill. I imagine it’ll be a small group for Samuel.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Elite WRs don’t really sign with anyone other than their own teams. What’s happening now is a new era. 

It’s a new era in that players are more empowered than ever to dictate where they play and contending teams are more willing than ever to part with first round picks. Neither element favors the Jets

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats not what it is about.  This guy has played only 3 years in the league, has only had 1 good season and has the gall to demand to be the highest paid non-qb in the league or be traded???????

You start this precendant as a franchise and its curtains.  Every decent player we have will have demands after 3 years.  Joe you paid Deebo after 3, pay me!

There is 0 chance Deboo is on this team and its not worth my time so enjoy wasting yours.

1 good season, one all world season, and an injury. He had almost 1000 AP yards and 6 TD's as a rookie... how much more do you want? 

The precedent has already been set throughout the league my friend. No WR in his stratosphere should ever except the money they get at the end of their rookie deal. You think he should have been paid $1.9 million dollars for his talents last year? He doesn't think so either.

NFL owner's have had a history of paying All Pro receiver talent on 2nd round rookie deals for what amounts to table scraps. Then to turn around and say where is your loyalty to play out this deal? What do you think is gonna happen with that logic? NFL players, who have outplayed their salary, are maximizing on their talents in their prime years just like owners are trying to do with cheap all pro labor on rookie deals. 

Any future Jets WR taken outside the 1st round in the draft that has that type of start will not make it to the last part of their rookie deal, this I promise you.

So here we are, with a chance to land him. Its entertainment so no time wasted on this end :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Seems to me the jets are in the drivers seat cap wise and pick wise. Be careful what you wish for. I could ignore the injuries, but injuries plus his resistance to doing exactly what made him special? 
idk…… id go as high as one of the 2nds. No more. Take it or leave it

• Upvote 2

Deebo reminds me of a guy i was in a band with. Fantastic drummer….

One day he just decides he doesnt want to drum anymore and instead become the rythm guitarist. He said he found a drummer.
OK, the drummer worked out and he got the boot and couldnt believe it

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a new era in that players are more empowered than ever to dictate where they play and contending teams are more willing than ever to part with first round picks. Neither element favors the Jets

And where they want to play is different for each player. Tyreek money, Adams with a buddy, and Samuel seems to be money. Which contenders traded for a WR?

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So of course no one made an argument, just asked why I thought he wasn’t.  
I do not believe he is a top 5 WR

i do not want to pay him like a top 3 WR

i can be convinced if a good argument is raised. 

Is he arguably a top 5 WR? The argument is he produced like a top 2 WR. 

Give them pick 10. I actually think I prefer giving up 10 to all three of our day three picks (T Hill offer). 

Everyone is penciling us in for a WR at 10 anyway - so now we get a sure thing stud at pick 10 for $18mm more in cap. I'll take that trade all day when we have our QB, EDGE, LT, and other WR on rookie deals. No one on this team is due to make $20mm in the next few years unless QW blows up next season. Our other biggest needs (LB, S, DT, RB) all slot nicely w/ the talent available on day two. 

YES we could draft a top WR at 10. Look at the past WRs drafted in the first round. Its 50/50 our guy will be good enough to earn a second contract. Of those 50% of times the WR is worth a second contract there is an almost certain chance that they will: 

A) Not be able to make an instant impact for our 2nd year QB 

B ) Not be nearly as good as Deebo at any point in their playing career 

C) Won't be A PERFECT SCHEME FIT FOR OFFENSE 

Deebo is a top WR in this league - don't mess around - go get him. 

Still don't think SF moves him though...I would tell him we're franchising him twice and then will move him ala Adams. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hill had 1100 yards receiving last year and averaged 11.5 a catch

What did Deebo do?

Who was his QB?

Deebo did a good amount of his damage at RB.  In fact most of his TD's were rushing TD's so if he now doesn't want to be utilized that way he isn't worth any trade. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He trains in Miami and was working with a realtor in early March to buy home there. Good news about the east coast thing. But this could favor Atlanta which is closer to Miami and more like where he grew (South Carolina).

Do you think Atlanta would give up the #8 pick for him? I don't.

5 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So of course no one made an argument, just asked why I thought he wasn’t.  
I do not believe he is a top 5 WR

i do not want to pay him like a top 3 WR

i can be convinced if a good argument is raised. 

He was 5th in Receiving Yards last year 1405 yards (Top 5 if you will).

He was 3rd in AP TD's for "WR" players last year 14 TDS (Top 5 if you will).

He got paid $2 Million Dollars as he did this last year... about $50,000 less than Byron Pringle, Cedrick Wilson, and Cam Sims. 

He will not be paid top 3 for long once Chase, Cupp, and Jefferson get paid.

By the way, Cooper Cupp made $5.3 Million last year for his efforts.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love trolling you about your wrongness on Braxton Berrios wayyyyyy more than I love Braxton Berrios.  And I do like the kid a lot.  I just like making you look silly a lot more. 

Even when you're dead wrong about something (which is often), you convince yourself you were right.  SEE ALSO:  Darnold, Sam.

there you go again...uh huh..yup...sure...lol