The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

I’ll continue to say it, if the 10th pick is involved in the trade, it should be nothing else and something should be coming back along with Deebo.  10th pick is a HUGE nut to give up.

I’d do it in a heartbeat with a smile.  The Jets will win more more games with that guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he's not willing to line up all over the field then it's a hard no. 

There's a lot of people saying that's why he's leaving with no proof or even comments to support it.

Frankly, he's likely to get something in the range of $80mm guaranteed on a contract.  I seriously doubt he's going to care if he takes a few more hits running the ball over the next three years.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's a lot of people saying that's why he's leaving with no proof or even comments to support it.

Frankly, he's likely to get something in the range of $80mm guaranteed on a contract.  I seriously doubt he's going to care if he takes a few more hits running the ball over the next three years.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10033282-deebo-samuel-rumors-49ers-star-doesnt-want-to-be-wrrb-hybrid-amid-trade-request

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Fans assumed he chose Florida because of taxes. We dont really know why he prefers Florida. Lots of reasons to prefer Florida over NJ.

Have you bean to Atlanta? Georgia is a top 5 state when ranked by number of people moving to a state. That suggest many people disagree with you that there is no difference between Georgia and NJ. Atlanta is a beautiful city and the weather is great.

Jags ****ed everyone with the Christian Kirk signing. Same with Browns and Watson. Market is now broke. All these WRs want to be paid. You don't think 10% income tax vs 0% factors in? We also play in a swamp.vs being on a sunny beach, but its money and NY market has no real appeal as far as sponsors anymore with social media

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This does sound like speculation - but it is something from the media - I'm with you 100% if he's going to have parameters around what he's willing to do to help the team win and take $80mm - I want nothing to do with him.

40 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I’ll continue to say it, if the 10th pick is involved in the trade, it should be nothing else and something should be coming back along with Deebo.  10th pick is a HUGE nut to give up.

I mean is it really? In this draft? Who they gonna draft Jameson Williams who’s has an ACL tear 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Did this happen or are we just speculating? I’m not really a big fan anymore and I don’t really pay attention. So pardon in advance

It didn’t happen. It’s speculation. Bad thread title.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

So you want to hoard, the 35th and 38th rookie draft picks and coach them up like the Niners did Deebo. Pay them peanuts and pray they play at an elite level yet stay loyal through the entirety of that contract. 

Rather than pay for a a 3 year pro, proven commodity, at a position of dire need, fair market price? What happens if those picks hit and they grossly outplay their contracts in 2-3 years? This is a precedent that has been set and will not go away anytime soon.

What do you think Elijah Moore would do with 1900 AP yards and 14 TD's under his belt entering into his last season under contract. All be it, playing in a town that takes half his salary? 

I do not want the Jets to outbid themselves. If its the Jets that get him and its less than #10 ill jump for joy. That's where I'm willing to go though if the market dictates that. 

I'm so confused what you are talking about. I have said I WOULD trade both 35 and 38 to make the trade happen. I don't believe any team can beat that offer so why would you want to give up #10?

If the Jets are planning to take a WR at #10 then I'd be fine offering that singular pick.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm so confused what you are talking about. I have said I WOULD trade both 35 and 38 to make the trade happen. I don't believe any team can beat that offer so why would you want to give up #10?

If the Jets are planning to take a WR at #10 then I'd be fine offering that singular pick.

We are on the same page for both scenarios. I guess I was confused with your first post. 

• Upvote 1

Everybody should be doing thier homework on Deebo. He's everything the scouting reports said about him entering the draft  A great route runner. Can play outside or in the slot  A physical WR who isn't afraid to block, and a tremendous runner after the catch. Sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered for this offense, and a developing QB. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Everybody should be doing thier homework on Deebo. He's everything the scouting reports said about him entering the draft  A great route runner. Can play outside or in the slot  A physical WR who isn't afraid to block, and a tremendous runner after the catch. Sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered for this offense, and a developing QB. 

Tiny Lister Friday Movie GIF
Careful, he will snatch your chain too. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Jags ****ed everyone with the Christian Kirk signing. Same with Browns and Watson. Market is now broke. All these WRs want to be paid. You don't think 10% income tax vs 0% factors in? We also play in a swamp.vs being on a sunny beach, but its money and NY market has no real appeal as far as sponsors anymore with social media

You killed it with that one 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, genot said:

The only red flag that I see is he had the most drops of any WR, due in part as a result of his being a team player and playing RB as well.  However, we must remember Deebo also had a 10+ YAC WR after he catches the ball. 

Get the dude!!

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Gramsci said:

He chose Florida as well because he will get taxed significantly less on his income, not to mention that the Dolphins are in a way more privileged position to compete. I think it was more so a combination of factors, than the fact of just being Miami. 

I don't see the same differences betweens Atlanta and New Jersey - Which for all intents and purposes, the Jets still have the global market of NYC as an advantage. 

I always remember the example of Odell Beckham Jr being an actual famous player worldwide when compared to any other NFL WR. That only happened because of New York. 

Hill chose Miami because he already lives there.  It is home for him.  He wanted to play where he lives.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Trading Deebo would clear up like 4 million in cap space. Why would the Jimmy G situation impact that at all?

He wants a new contract. SF can’t do one now thus why he / his agent are doing this. 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean is it really? In this draft? Who they gonna draft Jameson Williams who’s has an ACL tear 

So what?  Acl tear isn’t a big deal anymore.  Let’s face it / the jets are a 5-6 win team next year.  Is drafting williams at 10 and him missing 4-6 games really going to matter?  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stark said:

after this year we can move on and only owe cap like 700k

Super interesting. Sheds a different light on paying a FA receiver big bucks. We can maybe figure it out b/c of Corey's contract. The quality wr market has been pushed pushed sky high. It is what it is. I'd prefer a #1 through the draft, but at some point we have to get one, one way or another, and see what we got. I'm fine to wait until 2023 (I somewhat prefer it), but if JD is read to strike at the right guy, get on with it.

3 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Super interesting. Sheds a different light on paying a FA receiver big bucks. We can maybe figure it out b/c of Corey's contract. The quality wr market has been pushed pushed sky high. It is what it is. I'd prefer a #1 through the draft, but at some point we have to get one, one way or another, and see what we got. I'm fine to wait until 2023 (I somewhat prefer it), but if JD is read to strike at the right guy, get on with it.

If it’s a WR through the draft it better be at 10. 35 and 38 will mirror Deebo and ask for an extension at what’s fair value after year 3 because of the table scraps they get as a salary. 
The loyalty of staying pat for grossly outplaying contracts is over for these WR outside of round 1. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Been hyped all day and I just had the wind taking out of me when i read geography is a factor. I’ve already had my let down. I’m guessing Atlanta also. By east coast, my guess is the southeast. Nobody in my lifetime has been like, I’m trying to move to NJ. You live there because you were born there or got priced out of NYC.

Seriously?  I don't know anybody who lives in suburban NJ, LI, Westchester, or Fairfield County CT because they got "priced out of NYC."  My kids live in NYC and love it.  I live in the suburbs of NJ and didn't grow up in NJ and never had a desire to live in NYC in my entire life.  And Morris County NJ, where the Jets practice, is nothing like NYC, but is like virtually every other wealthy suburb of a major city in the US.  And I've been to Atlanta many times and would not want to live there either and would choose Morris County over any Atlanta suburb as well.  

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you do love being a troll no doubt, its kind of sad at this point. I only keep going on in response to your never ending silly comments tagging me about Berrios all the time. You dont have a funny take or even an intelligent argument, I assume it just some sort of man love thing you have for your man, but whatever it is feel free to keep going. Berrios needs to be replaced with a better WR eventually and not over paid as is any other back up. People like  @Spoot-Face don't even grasp the conversation we started so long ago, but you. You have read every word of the conversation and know you are wrong, just like you were with Darnold... its kind of your MO at this point 

lol