The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

On 4/14/2022 at 1:05 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

No. 

He's not Tyreek and is probably more dependent on his scheme and situation than any top WR. He's taken a beating with all the rushing he's done. I love him but to do "the Tyreek package" you're giving up both a ton of draft capital and a ton of money. I don't know if that's smart.

106 carries through 4 college and  3 NFL seasons hardly qualifies as taking a beating. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Adding Deebo Samuel to a team with Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle and no QB?

bold GIF

The fins have 2 qbs in Tua and teddy 2 gloves that are not franchise quality but not terrible either. Mendoza line qbs. Like 18th - 20th out of 32 or there abouts.

Where is Zach on this scale? Jets fans do not want to know. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

The fins have 2 qbs in Tua and teddy 2 gloves that are not franchise quality but not terrible either. Mendoza line qbs. Like 18th - 20th out of 32 or there abouts.

Where is Zach on this scale? Jets fans do not want to know. 

I'll bet you a steak dinner at the establishment of your choice that 3 years from now those two bums are out of the NFL and Zach is a top 10 QB.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, heymangold said:

So what?  Acl tear isn’t a big deal anymore.  Let’s face it / the jets are a 5-6 win team next year.  Is drafting williams at 10 and him missing 4-6 games really going to matter?  

Would rather have Deebo that Williams 

12 hours ago, C Mart said:

SF doesn’t have the cap room to do anything until they decide what to do with Jimmy G and his $26m contract. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/san-francisco-49ers/

Jimmy G is a cheap starting QB. Jimmy G plus Lance is about the price of a top starting QB.   They should be able to afford a WR too. 

if the 49ers move in from Jimmy G (they should move on from one of them) they will definitely be able to afford Deebo.  I would tell deebo to sit tight and that he is not going anywhere.  

The WR who should be moved is DK, but JD scorched that earth 

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would rather have Deebo that Williams 

i'm not saying i would rather have williams over deebo but pick 10 is too much with just deebo as the return.  the package the chiefs accepted for Hill was less than that.  it shouldn't take 10 to get him

On 4/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

But he's a big-time playmaker who gets open with separation, and I think his drawbacks outweigh the risk of a new WR busting outright, or taking half a season or more (if we're lucky) to become the serious weapon that Samuel already is. 

Did you mean "positives"?

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

i'm not saying i would rather have williams over deebo but pick 10 is too much with just deebo as the return.  the package the chiefs accepted for Hill was less than that.  it shouldn't take 10 to get him

Well if Philly or Baltimore come in offering their 1st round picks then we would have to offer 10. 10 is probably the highest we’d have to give up

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well if Philly or Baltimore come in offering their 1st round picks then we would have to offer 10. 10 is probably the highest we’d have to give up

miami also offered 1st round picks and the jets didn't for Hill, yet their offer was also accepted.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

miami also offered 1st round picks and the jets didn't for Hill, yet their offer was also accepted.

So was the Jets offer. It was Hill who wanted Miami. The Chiefs would have accepted either offer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-chiefs-reached-first-agreement-for-tyreek-hill-trade-but-wide-receiver-wanted-to-play-for-the-dolphins/

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, heymangold said:

So what?  Acl tear isn’t a big deal anymore.  Let’s face it / the jets are a 5-6 win team next year.  Is drafting williams at 10 and him missing 4-6 games really going to matter?  

I would think so. He misses training camp, OTA’s and the first part of the season. He then has to learn a complicated offense while Developing some chemistry with Wilson and the rest of the offense. I wouldn’t call ACL tears a not big deal, everyone responds differently.  Hopefully it won’t be a constant issue for him which we will never know until it’s to late.

I don’t have a problem him taking with a higher pick as long as we add another receiver outside the first. I would like to come away with two receivers when all is said and done. Guys like Watson, Pickens, Sky Moore, Peirce.

33 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Value chart for our Hill offer put it at about 14th overall 1st rounder.

I don't think giving up just 10 is a stretch and I think it should be on the table.

If we are looking to draft a WR at 10 we can only hope that player comes anywhere close to the productivity of Deebo.

Getting Deebo with the 10th pick is guaranteeing you get a player of that caliber.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Y’all should listen to some 49ers podcast. Some good humor.

Here’s where they’re at.

- pick #4, #38 and a late round pick or

- pick #10, #35, #38

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Optics wise it's going to be tough for SF - Jets aren't giving up 10.  If it's the Jets it's probably something like the Hill deal.  no way 10 is involved. Not getting a 1st at all would look terrible (even though it's fair comp)

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

No. 

He's not Tyreek and is probably more dependent on his scheme and situation than any top WR. He's taken a beating with all the rushing he's done. I love him but to do "the Tyreek package" you're giving up both a ton of draft capital and a ton of money. I don't know if that's smart.

Tyreek averaged 22 carries a year to the total of close to 500 yards this first three seasons. No one questioned his wear and tear when he got his Chiefs extension and they also eased up in his rushes. 

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Great point...they stress this every day on Sirius radio NFL Network as well. 

I stole that info yesterday from Pat Kirwan. He told Deebo to be patient. 

If SF wants to move Jimmy G, most likely, it’s difficult to do right now because he just had shoulder surgery. So obviously any team interested in trading for him is hesitant at the moment. 

Though I do think the Jimmy thing could be resolved next weekend once the first few rounds are done and teams know where they stand w/their own QB room. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Value chart for our Hill offer put it at about 14th overall 1st rounder.

I don't think giving up just 10 is a stretch and I think it should be on the table.

If we are looking to draft a WR at 10 we can only hope that player comes anywhere close to the productivity of Deebo.

Getting Deebo with the 10th pick is guaranteeing you get a player of that caliber.

my whole point here is that there shouldn't be anything more then 10 if 10 is included AND if 10 is the compensation - deebo and a 5th or something like that should be the return.  i'm not opposed to trading 10, my whole argument is that there shouldn't be anything addtional.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Tyreek averaged 22 carries a year to the total of close to 500 yards this first three seasons. No one questioned his wear and tear when he got his Chiefs extension and they also eased up in his rushes. 

I'd guess most of those were jet sweeps or backwards passes/screens -- Deebo was lining up in the backfield like 25% of the time down the stretch. It's a little different.

Regardless, I guess I just view Tyreek as a different caliber of player as a pure WR and think a big part of Deebo's breakout last year was this hybrid role he doesn't seem to even want to do.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I stole that info yesterday from Pat Kirwan. He told Deebo to be patient. 

If SF wants to move Jimmy G, most likely, it’s difficult to do right now because he just had shoulder surgery. So obviously any team interested in trading for him is hesitant at the moment. 

Though I do think the Jimmy thing could be resolved next weekend once the first few rounds are done and teams know where they stand w/their own QB room. 

IMHO, Movin the Chains is must listen to radio come draft time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'd guess most of those were jet sweeps or backwards passes/screens -- Deebo was lining up in the backfield like 25% of the time down the stretch. It's a little different.

Regardless, I guess I just view Tyreek as a different caliber of player as a pure WR and think a big part of Deebo's breakout last year was this hybrid role he doesn't seem to even want to do.

True, maybe Hill was getting tackled by DB’s more than the front 7? I also have watched highlights of Deebo where he is getting receptions 15-20 yards downfield other than bubble screens and quick pitches. 
If anyone is a fan of Treylon Burks, I’m one of them, Deebo is the original blueprint. 

• Upvote 2