The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

33 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

4 people need to sell the Jets to Deebo Samuel if the 49ers like our trade package: Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Mike Lafleur, and Zach Wilson. Get on a JetBlue plane and all 4 get your asses to Deebo's neighborhood and make it happen. No deal, then hit the bricks. 

Umm unless the Jets can get permission they can't do that. Zach can reach out in social media though. Scheffter really seems to think he will be traded. I am still not feeling him coming to the Jets, I still think he goes to KC but NE seems like a possibility now too.

38 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

4 people need to sell the Jets to Deebo Samuel if the 49ers like our trade package: Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Mike Lafleur, and Zach Wilson. Get on a JetBlue plane and all 4 get your asses to Deebo's neighborhood and make it happen. No deal, then hit the bricks. 

it takes brass balls to trade for star receivers. 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Umm unless the Jets can get permission they can't do that. Zach can reach out in social media though. Scheffter really seems to think he will be traded. I am still not feeling him coming to the Jets, I still think he goes to KC but NE seems like a possibility now too.

IMO it's us or GB. No way KC does it after letting Tyreek walk. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

I'm sure he won't actually come to the Jets because that would actually make most of us smile, but can KC afford him? KC seems like a team that will opt to go for the draft route, otherwise why didn't they just pay Hill? 

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm sure he won't actually come to the Jets because that would actually make most of us smile, but can KC afford him? KC seems like a team that will opt to go for the draft route, otherwise why didn't they just pay Hill? 

It's just conjecture on my part. I think in the draft KC will try and trade up for Jameson and at a minimum take a first round WR. 

There is no question that the Jets are best positioned from both a cap and draft capital standpoint as well as having deep ties to Deebo already in Saleh and LaFleur, plus same offense and all of that. As the "leak" showed Deebo and Brown are close, and Brown is SUPER close to Zach so that could factor in as well.

He was certainly elite last year but there is this fear I have that if we sign him he will sort of disappear. At this point I sort of just want to draft our players. One interesting scenario though is that I think we could be in line to trade 4 to NO for 16 and 19. So if we trade 10 for Deebo we would still have 4 of the Top 38 picks including 10 and also have Deebo.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He was certainly elite last year but there is this fear I have that if we sign him he will sort of disappear. At this point I sort of just want to draft our players. One interesting scenario though is that I think we could be in line to trade 4 to NO for 16 and 19. So if we trade 10 for Deebo we would still have 4 of the Top 38 picks including 10 and also have Deebo.

Starting the weekend early?

No judgment here.  Totally get it :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mike White.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

Lions packers and Jets being reported. They won’t trade him to a rival. Lions do have 32/34 so they would concern me a bit but like Hill, Deebo can say no to them to sign long term. 

If you’re Deebo and you’re choosing between the Packers, Lions and Jets, which one are you picking?

Why does he want out?  Is Trey Lance that bad?

I mean if it is geography fine but if it is player usage I am troubled.  The guy is a special player because he is the ultimate swiss army knife.  If he says I do not want to ever run the ball then one has to think long and hard.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I just don’t understand what he has against SF now.

Nothing, he's just trying to extort them for a contract extension before he blows out his knee

Jets fans haven't had good players to root for for such a long time they forgot Revis doing this same exact thing 10 years ago

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re Deebo and you’re choosing between the Packers, Lions and Jets, which one are you picking?

With the way negotiations have gone I doubt they just let him pick wherever he wants to go like Tyreek. It's just a matter of if he's okay with going to the Jets and willing to sign an extension there.

If that would happen at the very least Jets should win any bidding war if they truly wanted to include the 10th pick. It's not as simple as he picks his favorite spot.

If anything, 49ers would prefer to send him to the AFC if all else is equal. 

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Douglas should use Connor, or whatever other media figure they give access to, some info that we just made an offer for AJ Brown.

Waiting until draft day is just suits the 49ers. 

Quickly pivot to another receiver and leak an offer.

Bingo. I was wondering this. Would this make the Seahawks or Titans make a move knowing their top team may be out soon.