The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It only blows up in our face if Douglas offers 10 and Deebo still says no to coming here. 

Or when 49ers uses that on a WR who Jamal Chase’s the he’ll outta of the league next year and Deebo follows the Jets tradition of high priced FA on IR. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Hm maybe. Seems weird to pay a WR1 that’s built off YAC.
I kinda just want Jameson Williams. He’s exactly what this team lacks. 

I like Williams a lot but I’m not sure I agree with he’s exactly what this team lacks.  Offensive style has to matter at some point.  Deebo fits this offense perfectly.  I’m not sure Williams does.  In theory Williams compliments the other receivers.  If you look at other teams who run similar systems to this(or the same system) and they aren’t flush with receivers that play like Williams.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Hm maybe. Seems weird to pay a WR1 that’s built off YAC.
I kinda just want Jameson Williams. He’s exactly what this team lacks. 

Why? Great fit for the scheme, he was an elite NFL producer, and YAC talent makes production less weighted on QB play.

I posted this in another thread but Williams was one of the worst performers in the draft against press coverage, and the Jets were brutal against press coverage last year - couldn’t do anything offensively against teams that pressed. He’s a lot of fun but not without risk.

Just now, derp said:

Why? Great fit for the scheme, he was an elite NFL producer, and YAC talent makes production less weighted on QB play.

I posted this in another thread but Williams was one of the worst performers in the draft against press coverage, and the Jets were brutal against press coverage last year - couldn’t do anything offensively against teams that pressed. He’s a lot of fun but not without risk.

Also, isn’t the way they use him really more about Jimmy Grapplebro? It’s not like he’s throwing bombs. Deebo has gotten deep looks from Trey Lance. 

13 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

you want to know what douglas learned from the failed bid for tyreke.  Overpay.

if this is true the jets must really hate the wrs in the draft.

Other than he didn’t “fail’ with his offer, KC accepted his offer then Miami made another offer that KC found acceptable and Hill went with the team that played where he wanted to live.  Overpaying KC wasn’t needed and would have done nothing.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than he didn’t “fail’ with his offer, KC accepted his offer then Miami made another offer that KC found acceptable and Hill went with the team that played where he wanted to play.  Overpaying would have done nothing 

And Deebo is also younger, a better scheme fit f(teams were playing Hill differently last year and that’s with Mahomes), and definitely a better dude 

• Upvote 1

One thing I'm concerned about other than injuries (even though it's correlated) is some conditioning issues that I've read about. The big fear is signing a guy to a huge deal and he dogs it. However his talent is undeniable and could unlock our Offense and QB. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

An absolute disaster if we trade for Deebo.  Stay the course Joe!!!  

If it's 10 and 10 alone, I don't know how it's anything but exactly what we need. I'll give you 4-1 odds that any WR we draft is as good as Deebo is today. Why not just take the established player?

Now if it's more than one pick, I'm more likely to agree that they're better off just making the pick. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Any player we pick at 10 could blow up in our face. We know what Deebo is. 

Do we though?  Seems like any time the Jets pay a player lately he turns into a dog.  If Deebo arrives and Zach Wilson doesn’t make a large year 2 leap, that’s exactly the risk you run.  

But gotta take some chances at some point I guess.  This regime went all-in on Wilson.  So adding a stud WR who fits the system is a shot you have to take if/when it’s available.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Grandy said:

One thing I'm concerned about other than injuries (even though it's correlated) is some conditioning issues that I've read about. The big fear is signing a guy to a huge deal and he dogs it. However his talent is undeniable and could unlock our Offense and QB. 

Deebo kind of addressed the second year conditioning issues. It seams like it was a maturity issue. Some risk there for sure. But 49er fan seems to think he is passed that.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do we though?  Seems like any time the Jets pay a player lately he turns into a dog.  If Deebo arrives and Zach Wilson doesn’t make a large year 2 leap, that’s exactly the risk you run.  

But gotta take some chances at some point I guess.  This regime went all-in on Wilson.  So adding a stud WR who fits the system is a shot you have to take if/when it’s available.

We have much more confidence who he is than any college kid we'd draft. Can't be scared to make calculated moves. He's 26 so probably less likely to turn into a dog but I get what you mean.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We have much more confidence who he is than any college kid we'd draft. Can't be scared to make calculated moves. He's 26 so probably less likely to turn into a dog but I get what you mean.

I think I'm more worried about him getting injured, and the #10 pick and $25mil riding a bike then i am about him dogging it. I think he demonstrated this year, that he was wiling to do anything for the team. 

I'm not exactly comfortable using the 10th pick, but I would understand the move, and based on all accounts the there are only a few blue chips anyways, meaning the value at 10 this year may be diminished. I would be surprised if it's 10 straight up though. I bet if 10 is involved, SF is sending back a pick. What's the value of there 2nd or 3rd? 10 for Deebo and a 3rd or future 2nd? Although, SF doesn't have a 1st next year either, so I would suspect that a 2nd next year is off the table.

Someone please tell me.. WTF!!! is in the water and weed in San Fran??????? These people are crazy if they think Deebo is worth all of this: 

from a 9ers message slop:

Originally posted by Brucey72:
Jets are rumored to be willing to offer the 10th pick for Deebo

-I would rather have their 35,38, and 69. And maybe get them to throw in a 3rd next year. But I think John would like to be able to say he got a 1st RD pick for Deebo. But getting two early 2nd's and an early 3rd is better value.

-Can always trade down. Could probably recoup more than that

-This. If we get the 10th we could always trade down to a QB desperate team like Pittsburgh and get their 1st and next years 1st. A top 10 pick is extremely valuable

-Can always trade down to a later first and possibly pick up a first for next season because we have none. That's what I'd like.

-Lmao just realized that's basically what u said
Plus I'm assuming that it will be pick 10 plus more picks. They aren't getting Deebo for 10 straight up

-yeah, that isn't acceptable. Deebo and #62, for Jets 10, 35, & 38. 

Are you kidding me ? ???

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Someone please tell me.. WTF!!! is in the water and weed in San Fran??????? These people are crazy if they think Deebo is worth all of this: 

-I would rather have their 35,38, and 69. And maybe get them to throw in a 3rd next year. But I think John would like to be able to say he got a 1st RD pick for Deebo. But getting two early 2nd's and an early 3rd is better value.

-This. If we get the 10th we could always trade down to a QB desperate team like Pittsburgh and get their 1st and next years 1st. A top 10 pick is extremely valuable

-Can always trade down to a later first and possibly pick up a first for next season because we have none. That's what I'd like.

Plus I'm assuming that it will be pick 10 plus more picks. They aren't getting Deebo for 10 straight up

Are you kidding me ? ???

I think they’re forgetting which team has Joe Douglas as their GM if they think trade negotiations would go that way for them.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

42 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Are you kidding me ? ???

I assume their Green Bay scenarios include an Aaron Rodgers - Jimmy G swap

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not intending to throw shade at Deebo here but….man, Douglas must really not like the WRs in this class.

to me this means that douglas is 100% considering one of the wrs with the #10 pick but he's rather just take a known baller like deebo with the pick

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

to me this means that douglas is 100% considering one of the wrs with the #10 pick but he's rather just take a known baller like deebo with the pick

Yep I agree. I don’t think JD is having doubts with the WR prospects in the draft. He just wants Zach to have the best chance to excel, and an established WR1 would do that. If the Jets can’t work out a trade for Deebo, I fully expect JD will take a WR at 10.

36 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Yep I agree. I don’t think JD is having doubts with the WR prospects in the draft. He just wants Zach to have the best chance to excel, and an established WR1 would do that. If the Jets can’t work out a trade for Deebo, I fully expect JD will take a WR at 10.

And that should be Treylon Burks. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The draftnik in me wants them to keep the pick and draft a wr but the realist in me says if you can trade for deebo you’ve essentially fixed the offense from a weapons perspective and they could still add more in the draft.  

yeah makes no sense to me to keep the pick just to draft a wr prospect when you can get a young star wr with the same pick

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The draftnik in me wants them to keep the pick and draft a wr but the realist in me says if you can trade for deebo you’ve essentially fixed the offense from a weapons perspective and they could still add more in the draft.  

Yeah I feel like after the last decade of garbage, we need to take the sure thing at 10. We’re going wide out anyway, might as well lock us in for a top tier guy. He’s still young too

Although I’m hoping picks 35+38 would do the trick to get Deebo here, I’m softening my stance of giving up pick 10. I figure JD would most likely take a WR at 10 anyway. His talent is undeniable, but his injury history does concern me some. He makes everyone around him better since opposing defenses are so focused on him, it makes it that much easier for the rest of the offense to get open. I have to admit though the biggest reason I want him to be a Jet is that it would piss the hell off of my brother-in-law who’s an overbearing obnoxious Niners fan.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

yeah makes no sense to me to keep the pick just to draft a wr prospect when you can get a young star wr with the same pick

Agree. There’s a downside to the contract but with this team’s structure it’s the move.