The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

playtowinthegame

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Doesn’t seem like the Cowboys are interested. And it doesn’t make sense after getting rid of Cooper. Next year will be CeeDee’s third year. After that, it’s the same situation as Deebo’s.

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

can't see SF trading deebo to a rival in Dallas.  Also, 4+10 for deebo and bosa?

Deebo can effectively pick his destination and if he wants the Cowboys, they have the means to get it done, regardless of the Jets #10 pick. Regardless, if Deebo is looking to bail on San Francisco with his eyes on playing with Dak in Dallas, it’s unlikely that his wish list would include the Jets.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

And who might that be Wilson? As far as the other WR prospects they should all be available at 10.

I don’t think so, this is 99.9% will be a draft where many players are selected more early then expected 

There is enough smoke around London, Wilson and Williams to safety assume all go top 10 IMO 

15 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

And who might that be Wilson? As far as the other WR prospects they should all be available at 10.

Idk who that is for the Jets. "Should all be available" is not a risk I think they'll take. 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:
For the one only good year folks:

5 TDs is meh.

I really think the point there is, taking the injury out of the equation - just for this purpose..

You're, in theory, seeing a guy with two 1,000 yard receiving years - both also with over 200 yards rushing in each.

Can't really call him a one hit wonder..

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Deebo can effectively pick his destination and if he wants the Cowboys, they have the means to get it done, regardless of the Jets #10 pick. Regardless, if Deebo is looking to bail on San Francisco with his eyes on playing with Dak in Dallas, it’s unlikely that his wish list would include the Jets.

Again, it’s Dallas that isn’t interested. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Liking and unliking a tweet is a guaranteed PR move by him and the agent. It's the same thing as unfollowing his current team on Instagram. It keeps his name in the headlines and puts more media pressure on the 49ers. You're reading too much into it which means it worked

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I really think the point there is, taking the injury out of the equation - just for this purpose..

You're, in theory, seeing a guy with two 1,000 yard receiving years - both also with over 200 yards rushing in each.

Can't really call him a one hit wonder..

Jamarr Chase has had one good season in the NFL

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Liking and unliking a tweet is a guaranteed PR move by him and the agent. It's the same thing as unfollowing his current team on Instagram. It keeps his name in the headlines and puts more media pressure on the 49ers. You're reading too much into it which means it worked

Do we think that Deebo’s agent is controlling his Twitter account?

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think it would be more accurate to say that Deebo can effectively pick his destination amongst the teams that SF is willing to trade him to and that are willing and able to trade for him. 

In that scenario, San Fran can either pay him, trade him to Dallas, or let Deebo sit out. I think Shanahan is confident enough in his system—especially with Trey Lance starting—that he’d prefer to just let Deebo walk and take the draft pick. He has Aiyuk already on the roster who can step into that wide-back role.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In that scenario, San Fran can either pay him, trade him to Dallas, or let Deebo sit out. I think Shanahan is confident enough in his system—especially with Trey Lance starting—that he’d prefer to just let Deebo walk and take the draft pick. He has Aiyuk already on the roster who can step into that wide-back role.

1) It is not enough to simply point out that Samuel would likely add jet fuel to the Cowboys offense under coordinator Kellen Moore (or that he would do that for most any team). More important: Dallas could make this happen. Could afford to pay him $20 million APY going forward. Could make room.

It’s just that Dallas will choose not to.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-stephen-jones-answers-deebo-samuel-trade-rumor#gid=ci029f5fc5700025d4&pid=cowboys-deebo-samuel-49ers-deebo-samuel-49ers-deebo-samuel-trade

2022 NFL trade rumors: Cowboys likely not in on the Deebo Samuel situation - Blogging The Boys

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/4/23/23037863/2022-nfl-trade-rumors-it-doesnt-sound-like-the-cowboys-are-in-on-the-deebo-samuel-situation

Dallas Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones appeared on 105.3 The Fan on Friday and was asked about this and, well, he didn’t say much.

It doesn’t sound like the Dallas Cowboys are in on the Deebo Samuel situation

Time will tell whether or not Samuel is even traded at all this offseason or at any point in the future, but it doesn’t seem like the Cowboys are going to be serious partners to consider for the hypothetical.

It never really made sense for Dallas given that in order to acquire Samuel they would have to give up resources and pay him a big-time contract. Stephen Jones didn’t cite those reasons exactly during his appearance on 105.3, but if you read between the lines it is pretty obvious that the Cowboys are out here.

This is Stephen’s way of saying a lot without really saying anything. He noted ‘things have to fit in and work’ and the reality with Samuel is that they just don’t when it comes to the Cowboys. He is a very special player but a team that traded away Amari Cooper largely because of the salary he was set to command was never a realistic option for acquiring another big-time receiver just to be in a similar sort of situation and be out some premium draft capital.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Deebo wants Dallas, Dallas will be interested.

That would be pretty ballsy of the Niners trading Deebo to one of their hated rivals. Not to mention the grief that would ensue with the Niners fan base. If I’m Lynch and decide to move on, I’m trading him out of the conference altogether.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do we think that Deebo’s agent is controlling his Twitter account?

I think Deebo's agent was telling him to make noise on social media. I think he told him to stop once the 49ers started engaging in trade conversations. This is PR 101

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Deebo wants Dallas, Dallas will be interested.

For sure, most teams that he has interest in can find a way to make it happen if they want.  Just a matter of how badly.

9ers could leverage the Chiefs playbook...

Get the Jets to push the deal, set the market for both Draft Capital and Deebo Comp - then shop that package to a more desirable location for Deebo.

This could end up being a Hill situation with his landing spot being Atlanta vs. Miami.  A WR is mostly being mocked to Atlanta at 8.

Atlanta is no powerhouse, but Deebo does seem to want to live in that area. 

I do think the Jets end up with him (the ML, RS and overall SF connection will get it done) - but if you told me this would play out just like Hill and he ends up in Atlanta or somewhere else I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

1) It is not enough to simply point out that Samuel would likely add jet fuel to the Cowboys offense under coordinator Kellen Moore (or that he would do that for most any team). More important: Dallas could make this happen. Could afford to pay him $20 million APY going forward. Could make room.

It’s just that Dallas will choose not to.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-stephen-jones-answers-deebo-samuel-trade-rumor#gid=ci029f5fc5700025d4&pid=cowboys-deebo-samuel-49ers-deebo-samuel-49ers-deebo-samuel-trade

2022 NFL trade rumors: Cowboys likely not in on the Deebo Samuel situation - Blogging The Boys

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/4/23/23037863/2022-nfl-trade-rumors-it-doesnt-sound-like-the-cowboys-are-in-on-the-deebo-samuel-situation

Dallas Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones appeared on 105.3 The Fan on Friday and was asked about this and, well, he didn’t say much.

It doesn’t sound like the Dallas Cowboys are in on the Deebo Samuel situation

Time will tell whether or not Samuel is even traded at all this offseason or at any point in the future, but it doesn’t seem like the Cowboys are going to be serious partners to consider for the hypothetical.

It never really made sense for Dallas given that in order to acquire Samuel they would have to give up resources and pay him a big-time contract. Stephen Jones didn’t cite those reasons exactly during his appearance on 105.3, but if you read between the lines it is pretty obvious that the Cowboys are out here.

This is Stephen’s way of saying a lot without really saying anything. He noted ‘things have to fit in and work’ and the reality with Samuel is that they just don’t when it comes to the Cowboys. He is a very special player but a team that traded away Amari Cooper largely because of the salary he was set to command was never a realistic option for acquiring another big-time receiver just to be in a similar sort of situation and be out some premium draft capital.

I read both of those articles. Jones’ quote was “We’re always up for anything that will improve the Cowboys.” Then the fan blog you quoted somehow surmised that meant the Cowboys were out, using the rationalization that if they didn’t pay Cooper, they won’t pay Deebo. The Cowboys moved on from Cooper because Cooper is always nicked up, and had become Dak’s third option last year. Fan blog.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I read both of those articles. Jones’ quote was “We’re always up for anything that will improve the Cowboys.” Then the fan blog you quoted somehow surmised that meant the Cowboys were out, using the rationalization that if they didn’t pay Cooper, they won’t pay Deebo. The Cowboys moved on from Cooper because Cooper is always nicked up, and had become Dak’s third option last year. Fan blog.

Yeah, but who's this guy?

BY

MIKE FISHER

Mike Fisher - as a newspaper beat writer and columnist and on radio and TV, where he is an Emmy winner - has covered the NFL since 1983 and the Dallas Cowboys since 1990. He is the author of two best-selling books on the Cowboys and is the Cowboys 'insider' as a radio personality on the team's flagship station 105.3 The Fan.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I could see it, but this presumes that Dallas is interested in Deebo, willing to give up significant draft capital for him, and willing to pay him top dollar. This remains to be seen. 

I do agree with you that the Jets could have a hard time convincing Deebo to come here. I think it depends a lot on what Deebo thought of our coaches when they were in SF and whether there is any truth to him preferring east coast destinations. I could also see SF convincing him to stay. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Compared your fan blog post on a msg board?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Eh this isn’t the NBA. I doubt Dallas wants to pay him. Causes them a bunch of issues. 

Yes, I think if Dallas wanted him they could easily figure out the comp and money....But it's a lot to give up.  

The Jets are in a unique situation where it makes a lot of sense on many levels.

Plethora of early draft picks, no home grown quality talent to pay, QB on first contract, deep need for a #1 WR for said young QB...

Just makes too much sense for the Jets.  Not many teams are in a similar situation.

Only other type of team - is the one that thinks they're a Deebo away from winning a Super Bowl...and willing to go all in, trade away the future etc....Much like the Rams successfully did.  

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I could see it, but this presumes that Dallas is interested in Deebo, willing to give up significant draft capital for him, and willing to pay him top dollar. This remains to be seen. 

I do agree with you that the Jets could have a hard time convincing Deebo to come here. I think it depends a lot on what Deebo thought of our coaches when they were in SF and whether there is any truth to him preferring east coast destinations. I could also see SF convincing him to stay. 

I don't know how an organization goes from "We're going to let Amari Cooper go for nothing because we don't want to pay him." to 

"Oh wow, I didn't know Deebo Samuel would be available. Let's give up significant draft capital for him plus pay more than we would have paid Cooper. This is quite a nice surprise, I tell you, for this to come along and take a wrecking ball to our original plan."

They made SURE they weren't going to lose Dalton Schultz, they have Lamb and Gallup, they let Cooper go because they didn't he was a necessity. Now they're going to get all hot pants for Deebo? I don't buy it.

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Compared your fan blog post on a msg board?

He ignored the first article from this guy:

Mike Fisher - as a newspaper beat writer and columnist and on radio and TV, where he is an Emmy winner - has covered the NFL since 1983 and the Dallas Cowboys since 1990. He is the author of two best-selling books on the Cowboys and is the Cowboys 'insider' as a radio personality on the team's flagship station 105.3 The Fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Eh this isn’t the NBA. I doubt Dallas wants to pay him. Causes them a bunch of issues. 

even if they want to pay him, they really can't.  Their cap situation this year is okay ($15M under) but next year, they one of the worst team in the league already thx to Dak's cap # ballooning to $49M.  He has a guaranteed $31M salary and $18M prorated hit from his signing bonus.  On top of that, CeeDee is going to need an extension and it's obviously going to be a monster.  And Parsons might feel like he's ready then too, which he probably should.  Even with a climbing cap, I can't see how they would be able to keep CeeDee after signing Deebo without gutting every mid-level player from the team and effectively starting over.  There's a reason they let Cooper go.

Now next year, there are a few teams that currently have a truckload of cap room so I wouldn't want to be competing then for any FAs.  Bears, Falcons, and Giants (surprise!) all have over $75M in cap for 2023 currently (before any increase).  All three teams badly need WRs.  If we can get a star locked up now, I would definitely go for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Yep I agree. I don’t think JD is having doubts with the WR prospects in the draft. He just wants Zach to have the best chance to excel, and an established WR1 would do that. If the Jets can’t work out a trade for Deebo, I fully expect JD will take a WR at 10.

I don't think it is doubts just more getting someone that can contribute right away. Could also point to them maybe thinking Jameson at 10 which will not help Zach tremendously in year 2. If I am JD I make an offer contingent on extension and just let it sit there.