Jump to content

The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread


playtowinthegame
 Share

Recommended Posts

I understand people willing to give up the 10th pick because Deebo is an established player and you take an established player over an unproven draft pick 9 times out of 10.

I will say that I'm not sure I'm willing to give up the 10th overall, simply because I'm big on precedent. We saw the compensation for  Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. Would you put Deebo above them? No? Then why should we give up more? Just saying *shrugs*

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, King P said:

I understand people willing to give up the 10th pick because Deebo is an established player and you take an established player over an unproven draft pick 9 times out of 10.

I will say that I'm not sure I'm willing to give up the 10th overall, simply because I'm big on precedent. We saw the compensation for  Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. Would you put Deebo above them? No? Then why should we give up more? Just saying *shrugs*

I'd put Deebo ahead of Hill and if you factor in that Deebo is five years younger in football years than Adams, has thrived in the system, will be signed for five million less,  the difference in compensation is not a factor, especially considering that we are in a different position now than we were when these guys were available. There are less chairs and the music is about to stop playing.

You can't let stubborness over a couple of hundred points on Jimmy Johnson's chart get in the way of getting a player of this caliber.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, King P said:

I understand people willing to give up the 10th pick because Deebo is an established player and you take an established player over an unproven draft pick 9 times out of 10.

I will say that I'm not sure I'm willing to give up the 10th overall, simply because I'm big on precedent. We saw the compensation for  Davante Adams and Tyreek Hill. Would you put Deebo above them? No? Then why should we give up more? Just saying *shrugs*

Only reason I’d be ok trading 10 is because the players we can get at 35,38 are going to be good. I’d rather lose the 10th pick to get a WR we know can play at a high level and have the other picks than to give up 35,38,68 for Deebo  The draft trade compensation is t that drastic and keeps us able to add 3 more rookies

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m refusing to believe that there is any chance we get him because I don’t want to get hurt, but San Francisco can Le’Veon Bell him with the amount of control they still have over him.  Before it even gets mentioned, no, that is not going to hurt their reputation with players.  They are one of the best organizations in the history of the NFL and nobody worth their salt will bat their eye, just as they did with Pittsburgh.

How do you think the draft influences their willingness to trade him as there are many suitors with multiple premium picks in the next few days?

They're obviously skeptical with regards to moving him, but I feel like his value in a deal with only go down from here. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m refusing to believe that there is any chance we get him because I don’t want to get hurt, but San Francisco can Le’Veon Bell him with the amount of control they still have over him.  Before it even gets mentioned, no, that is not going to hurt their reputation with players.  They are one of the best organizations in the history of the NFL and nobody worth their salt will bat their eye, just as they did with Pittsburgh.

Not sure thar is true.  It will come down to how much SF values the headache over recouping some draft capital they squandered for Lance. I don't think we do it ultimately though, we are not giving them more value than Hill and Adams 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m refusing to believe that there is any chance we get him because I don’t want to get hurt, but San Francisco can Le’Veon Bell him with the amount of control they still have over him.  Before it even gets mentioned, no, that is not going to hurt their reputation with players.  They are one of the best organizations in the history of the NFL and nobody worth their salt will bat their eye, just as they did with Pittsburgh.

I think it's possible, but I would think that, as the draft gets closer, SF would start to get a craving for some picks. They traded away a bunch of draft capital last year for Lance and don't pick until 61 this year. They have nine total picks, but 4 of the 9 are 6th and 7th rounders - so only 5 picks in the first 5 rounds and no first rounders. That's not great. Trading Deebo would give them an opportunity to recoup some much needed draft capital and I'm guessing that, if they can't convince Deebo to change his mind by draft day, they bite on an offer. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure thar is true.  It will come down to how much SF values the headache over recouping some draft capital they squandered for Lance. I don't think we do it ultimately though, we are not giving them more value than Hill and Adams 

Also this is Deebo’s highest value point. What could SF get next year if they Leveon Bell’d him - a 2 maybe? #10 is as good as it’s ever gonna get

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m refusing to believe that there is any chance we get him because I don’t want to get hurt, but San Francisco can Le’Veon Bell him with the amount of control they still have over him.  Before it even gets mentioned, no, that is not going to hurt their reputation with players.  They are one of the best organizations in the history of the NFL and nobody worth their salt will bat their eye, just as they did with Pittsburgh.

Sure, they can hold him hostage, but I’d think they’d just take the picks and cap space and be done with it. They can plug Aiyuk in at Deebo’s spot, draft Treylon Burks, and move forward. Maybe they’re able to dump Garopollo on someone and they simply throw more cash at Deebo when it’s all said and done.

 

If I’m the Jets, I’m already moving on to DK, who might accept a trade here because he is insane.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'd put Deebo ahead of Hill and if you factor in that Deebo is five years younger in football years than Adams, has thrived in the system, will be signed for five million less,  the difference in compensation is not a factor, especially considering that we are in a different position now than we were when these guys were available. There are less chairs and the music is about to stop playing.

You can't let stubborness over a couple of hundred points on Jimmy Johnson's chart get in the way of getting a player of this caliber.

I'd give up the ten for him, but secretly I hope JD gets really bold and trades 4 to the Saints for 16 and 19.

Then he can offer up San Fran 16 or 19 and an additional 2023 pick.

10, Deebo, 16, 35 and 38 really builds this team up with talent. 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, they can hold him hostage, but I’d think they’d just take the picks and cap space and be done with it. They can plug Aiyuk in at Deebo’s spot, draft Treylon Burks, and move forward. Maybe they’re able to dump Garopollo on someone and they simply throw more cash at Deebo when it’s all said and done.

 

If I’m the Jets, I’m already moving on to DK, who might accept a trade here because he is insane.

Unsure of the Garappolo thing because I don't think a Deebo extension will hit the cap this year. Seems like they're really betting on themselves to get a haul for Jimmy G, and nobody is biting so far. I'd expect they're trying to get a deal like the Wentz one last year. 

Also with DK he seems the most willing of anyone to stay put as he's the only of the 2019 receivers to report for OTA's. It's been rumored that he's obviously tight with Elijah Moore, and also him and Wilson are good friends. However I feel like he's the least likely right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'd give up the ten for him, but secretly I hope JD gets really bold and trades 4 to the Saints for 16 and 19.

Then he can offer up San Fran 16 or 19 and an additional 2023 pick.

10, Deebo, 16, 35 and 38 really builds this team up with talent. 

 

 

I'd lose my sh*t in a good way if he pulled that off.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, they can hold him hostage, but I’d think they’d just take the picks and cap space and be done with it. They can plug Aiyuk in at Deebo’s spot, draft Treylon Burks, and move forward. Maybe they’re able to dump Garopollo on someone and they simply throw more cash at Deebo when it’s all said and done.

 

If I’m the Jets, I’m already moving on to DK, who might accept a trade here because he is insane.

I think anything like this is a negotiation. They don’t want to trade him, he wants to be traded. If he digs in his heels on going to a conference rival contender, I think they dig their heels in and say you can rot. There’s a degree of precedent setting that’s important and I don’t think the player can dictate literally anything they want destination wise.

That doesn’t mean the Jets, necessarily. Could be the Falcons - not a contender in the conference, or the Ravens - an AFC contender. Any of the birds, really. But I’d be very, very surprised if they traded him to any AFC West team, the Packers, or the Cowboys.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Elijah Moore is only 22 years old. No need to rush him being our number 1. Let him kill it as a number 2 with Deebo as the #1. Then in 3-5 years, Elijah will be entering his prime years and can step into that bigger role. At least that’s how i look at it. There’s no harm in having 2 elite WRs.

And you better extend Elijah the moment he breaks out. Jets will suffer the same fate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I’ve been refreshing the wide receiver hunt threads for two months, nothing. 
 

Hard to sleep at night for me during draft week. At my age the only parallel feeling was Christmas morning as a kid.

Just tell yourself you’re getting tube socks instead of that sweet ass new Tonka truck and you’ll sleep fine.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, they can hold him hostage, but I’d think they’d just take the picks and cap space and be done with it. They can plug Aiyuk in at Deebo’s spot, draft Treylon Burks, and move forward. Maybe they’re able to dump Garopollo on someone and they simply throw more cash at Deebo when it’s all said and done.

 

If I’m the Jets, I’m already moving on to DK, who might accept a trade here because he is insane.

LMAOOOOOOOO

 

🤣😂🤣😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...