The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

I sincerely hope JD didnt patiently accrue 2/3 of the draft capital traded for Hershel Walker so he can totally blow it in Deebo Samuel. Deebo Samuel is a product of the system. Berios looked like Deebo at the end of last year. It would he the most Jetsy move ever to make this trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I sincerely hope JD didnt patiently accrue 2/3 of the draft capital traded for Hershel Walker so he can totally blow it in Deebo Samuel. Deebo Samuel is a product of the system. Berios looked like Deebo at the end of last year. It would he the most Jetsy move ever to make this trade.

The rumor is #10 for Deebo. What are the chances we draft a WR as good as Deebo at #10? 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Just tell yourself you’re getting tube socks instead of that sweet ass new Tonka truck and you’ll sleep fine.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If one more mfer badmouths tube socks I swear to GOD

Now that I'm an adult, and my mom asks me what I want for Christmas, you know what I say?

"Well, I could use some more socks."

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Deebo had 1405 receiving yards last year. 

Only two Jets have ever done that - Brandon Marshall in 2015 and Don Maynard in 1967. 

There is nothing Jetsy about Deebo or trading for Deebo, other than that, with our luck, he'll be out for the season by the end of August. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Don’t we run the same system?  ? 

• Haha 1

I feel like I’m alone in the fact thinking that Debo Samuel is overrated. If we’re gonna trade #10 overall it would be for mclaurin, dk metcalf and or aj brown in that order. Deebo? Eh not so much. Not sure he’s worth that high of a draft pick. He’s kind of a 1 year wonder. no doubt he had a really good season last year But his injury history scares me. I’d rather take London or Jameson @10

Is deebo really that good?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I feel like I’m alone in the fact thinking that Debo Samuel is overrated. If we’re gonna trade #10 overall it would be for mclaurin, dk metcalf and or aj brown in that order. Deebo? Eh not so much. Not sure he’s worth that high of a draft pick. He’s kind of a 1 year wonder. no doubt he had a really good season last year But his injury history scares me. I’d rather take London or Jameson @10

Yes. He is that good, and if you're concerned about him being a "product of the system", we run basically the same offense. The injury stuff is a concern sure, but if he stays healthy he is going to produce at a high level, period

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The rumor is #10 for Deebo. What are the chances we draft a WR as good as Deebo at #10? 

Very good.  This class is loaded at receiver.  Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams both are better prospects coming out and csn be much better then deebo.

Stay the course Joe!!!  Dont trade for Deebo!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bery good.  This class is loaded at teceiver.  Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams both are better prospects coming out and csn be much better then deebo.

Stay the course Joe!!!  Dont trade for Deebo!!!!!!!!

The notion that there's a very good chance we'll draft a WR as good as Deebo at 10 is completely ridiculous. I don't know if you actually believe that or you're trolling tbh. Wilson and Williams haven't done jack in the NFL. Neither are anywhere near the prospect that Chase was last year. 

Last year had a much better WR class than this year and you still had a bunch of guys who were completely underwhelming in the NFL taken in the first 2 rounds.

Why not just take the sure thing in Deebo with 10 if it's an option? It would be foolish not to IMO.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don't want to give up #10 for any WR unless the plan is to draft one at 10 anyway. So much more value at the end of the 1st or 2nd with good players. I do like all the players you mentioned more than Deebo but I can see why we may do this. No learning curve and you get Zach immediate help.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The notion that there's a very good chance we'll draft a WR as good as Deebo at 10 is completely ridiculous. I don't know if you actually believe that or you're trolling tbh. Wilson and Williams haven't done jack in the NFL. Neither are anywhere near the prospect that Chase was last year. 

Last year had a much better WR class than this year.

Why not just take the sure thing in Deebo with 10 if it's an option? It would be foolish not to IMO.

Deebo, DK, McLaurin, and Brown were all taken 2nd round or later.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah but you can't look at it that way. There is opportunity cost with Deebo in terms of cap. Around $20 million more. We signed Laken, DJ, Conklin and Uzomah for about $20 million. So which is better Deebo or say London and 4 well above average starters?

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Deebo, DK, McLaurin, and Brown were all taken 2nd round or later.

D'Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell & Terrace Marshall were all taken in the 2nd round last year. Kadarious Toney and Rashad Batemon were taken in the first.

Of course you can find a gem in any round. We found Moore in the second. It's a crapshoot. You can draft a complete bust too. Why chance it when you can take a guy that's going to right away know the offense and be a big time contributor for your 2nd year QB?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetty said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want this dude as a Jet?

He is a #2 WR w/ intangibles. I rather take a shot at a WR in the draft but it’s looking like a done deal already.

Based on what? There hasn't been a single actual report actually linking us other than conjecture

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Last year had a much better WR class than this year.

Wilson and Williams are better prospects coming out then Deebo was.  Thats not debatable.

I like my chances w/ either of them over a guy who is whining his way out of town and wants to be paid 30 million dollars a year.

Joe D isnt pulling this deal.  And I love it!!