The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

D'Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell & Terrace Marshall were all taken in the 2nd round last year. Kadarious Toney and Rashad Batemon were taken in the first.

Of course you can find a gem in any round. We found Moore in the second. It's a crapshoot. You can draft a complete bust too. Why chance it when you can take a guy that's going to right away know the offense and be a big time contributor for your 2nd year QB?

I'm with you, I'm just pointing out its not ludicrous to think you can't get a top playmaker when all the ones on the trade market were 2nd round or lower.

My issue with Deebo is he doesn't want to play the position that makes him so valuable.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Wilson and Williams are better prospects coming out then Deebo was.  Thats not debatable.

I like my chances w/ either of them over a guy who is whining his way out of town and wants to be paid 30 million dollars a year.

Joe D isnt pulling this deal.  And I love it!!

Kadarious Toney was a better prospect than Deebo too. It's irrelevant. Being a good prospect doesn't make you a good NFL player. We know Deebo an excellent NFL player and he knows our offense. Immediate contributor and help for Wilsons development.

JD will likely be in on Deebo if it's an option just like he was on Hill. Repeatedly insisting he won't be despite evidence to the contrary is just silly on your part.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm with you, I'm just pointing out its not ludicrous to think you can't get a top playmaker when all the ones on the trade market were 2nd round or lower.

My issue with Deebo is he doesn't want to play the position that makes him so valuable.

Who knows if that was true - Deebo explicitly denied it.

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah but you can't look at it that way. There is opportunity cost with Deebo in terms of cap. Around $20 million more. We signed Laken, DJ, Conklin and Uzomah for about $20 million. So which is better Deebo or say London and 4 well above average starters?

The AAV for those guys was roughly $39 million a year, that’s almost double $20 million. 

Deebo had 1405 receiving yards last year. 
Only two Jets have ever done that - Brandon Marshall in 2015 and Don Maynard in 1967. 
There is nothing Jetsy about Deebo or trading for Deebo, other than that, with our luck, he'll be out for the season by the end of August. 

Everything about trading for a system player from Shanahan is Jetsy. Berrios played in the same role at the end of last season and played about as well. In a”the first year in a system so complex our OC said it would take most of the year to get the blocking down, Berrios did the same stuff.

Totally Jetsy

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Everything about trading for a system player from Shanahan is Jetsy. Berrios played in the same role at the end of last season and played about as well. In a”the first year in a system so complex our OC said it would take most of the year to get the blocking down, Berrios did the same stuff.

Totally Jetsy

Do you know where our offensive coordinator came from? I love Berrios but comparing him to Deebo is a little cray.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Before SF changed his role, he was 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards. He doesnt have run the ball to justify the trade.

Hmm I didn't know that, I would start at 35 + 38 and see if there is another team that can beat that.

Unless the Chiefs or Packers are willing to give up both their firsts then I think we'd be the top offer. 

Do you know where our offensive coordinator came from? I love Berrios but comparing him to Deebo is a little cray.

Yeah his system is the same. Its one that made Mostert look like an all pro after being cut by 6 teams. Its a great system and I am glad we run it. Hopefully they can evaluate QBs better than the Shanahans. You are right. Berrios isnt as talented as Deebo. But to say he didnt do great in that tole at the end of last season just isnt true. He did and many other players can do as good or better. Not just Deebo.

50 minutes ago, Jetty said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want this dude as a Jet?

He is a #2 WR w/ intangibles. I rather take a shot at a WR in the draft but it’s looking like a done deal already.

Why are some jet fans so allergic to talent? In what world is he a #2 receiver 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Before SF changed his role, he was 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards. He doesnt have run the ball to justify the trade.

Exactly. Who cares if he never lines up behind the QB. He can still move all over the field, sweeps, screens, etc. Who cares if he gets stats for YAF or RB stats. He's going to get the ball in his hands in space. He's going to make the other players better. He's a beefy, fast, wr, who thrives with the ball in his hands.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah his system is the same. Its one that made Mostert look like an all pro after being cut by 6 teams. Its a great system and I am glad we run it. Hopefully they can evaluate QBs better than the Shanahans. You are right. Berrios isnt as talented as Deebo. But to say he didnt do great in that tole at the end of last season just isnt true. He did and many other players can do as good or better. Not just Deebo.

Lol are you the clown on twitter making this same foolish argument? ? go to bed old man

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

QB - Zach Wilson

RB - Breece, Carter 

WR - Deebo, Moore, Davis, Berrios, rookie depth piece

TE - Uzomah, Conklin

OL - Fant, Tomlinson, McGovern, AVT, Becton, rookie depth piece

woooooo baby

It could get exciting. One possible tweak:

OL - Neal/Icky Tomlinson, McGovern, AVT, Fant/Becton

I want defense at #4, but if there is any doubt about Becton, get on of these two stud tackles, one of whom will probably be available at that pick.

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Berrios played "about as well" ?????

LOL

Are you high? 

I would recommend watching more non-Jets games. You are lost if you don't think Deebo is good. 

There will be a day when Deebo Samuel types are no longer on this team.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Hmm I didn't know that, I would start at 35 + 38 and see if there is another team that can beat that.

Unless the Chiefs or Packers are willing to give up both their firsts then I think we'd be the top offer. 

Yea. His stats were pretty amazing even before the position change. He's definitely not a product of a system. Long term, him not taking big hits makes him more valuable to us.

Projected 17 game impact based on 1st 8 games production as a WR

• Receiving Yards: 1,874
  • Rushing Yards: 181
  • Total TDs: 11

Projected 17 game impact based on final 8 games (he was inactive for 1 game)

• Receiving Yards: 1,111
  • Rushing Yards: 729
  • Total TDs: 19

He was a touchdown machine in his new role. But he was on pace for an amazing year even before the new role.

• Upvote 2