The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

The only time I probably would have been clowned as much for my takes is when I posted Darnold would be a bust. Lol. A lot of these same people would be acting just as childish if I went stronger with that opinion. Face it good teams like the Steelers and Pats dont make trades like this. Theres a reason for that. Someday maybe most of Jets fans and Jets twitter will get it. Hopefully before the next 10 rebuilds.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I feel like I’m alone in the fact thinking that Debo Samuel is overrated. If we’re gonna trade #10 overall it would be for mclaurin, dk metcalf and or aj brown in that order. Deebo? Eh not so much. Not sure he’s worth that high of a draft pick. He’s kind of a 1 year wonder. no doubt he had a really good season last year But his injury history scares me. I’d rather take London or Jameson @10

Is deebo really that good?

Deebo > DK every day of the week.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He ain't coming here.....Screenshot_20220424-171302_Twitter.jpegScreenshot_20220424-171129_Twitter.jpeg

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

I’m not good at twitter or social media… but am I correct in assuming that the “09 Mar” means that this was posted in March of 2009?

Everyone getting their hopes up for a Deebo trade to the Jets are forgetting how this movie always ends.

Two days before the draft, rumors of a mystery team that is now interested will appear in various tweets.
Just before the draft, said mystery team pulls off deal with Deebo giving up a 2nd this year and a 3rd in ‘23.

”Jets we’re close but…” tweets ensue.

• Upvote 1

I think this trade has already been agreed upon in principle since the owners meetings. The wait is to see who is available at #10. If it's a player SF likes at #10 they take him and move on, if not, they take the 2nd/3rd round picks package deal.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Everyone getting their hopes up for a Deebo trade to the Jets are forgetting how this movie always ends.

Two days before the draft, rumors of a mystery team that is now interested will appear in various tweets.
Just before the draft, said mystery team pulls off deal with Deebo giving up a 2nd this year and a 3rd in ‘23.

”Jets we’re close but…” tweets ensue.

and the patriots are the mystery team who somehow get deebo for far less than anyone would have thought

Don’t know if you guys are into Twitter spaces but I hopped onto a 49ers space where they have an ‘insider’ saying that the Jets and 9ers have a deal in place for 10 + one of the 2nds and it should be announced this week either tomorrow or Tuesday. 49ers are hoping the Eagles hop back in and outbid us with a 1, 2 this year and 2023 2nd. Apparently they are also hot for Deebo

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

New England Patriots Smile GIF by NBC Sports Boston

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Don’t know if you guys are into Twitter spaces but I hopped onto a 49ers space where they have an ‘insider’ saying that the Jets and 9ers have a deal in place for 10 + one of the 2nds and it should be announced this week either tomorrow or Tuesday. 49ers are hoping the Eagles hop back in and outbid us with a 1, 2 this year and 2023 2nd. Apparently they are also hot for Deebo

It would suck to give up one of our 2nds along with #10, but I might still do it. A 3rd? Hell yeah.

In that event, hopefully JD can still swing a trade down from #4 and recoup an extra 1, or more (like the Saints #16 and #19.)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can you share a link?

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It would suck to give up one of our 2nds along with #10, but I might still do it. A 3rd? Hell yeah.

In that event, hopefully JD can still swing a trade down from #4 and recoup an extra 1, or more (like the Saints #16 and #19.)

Yeah I agree. 1 and a 2 would be a bit of an overpay in my opinion. Desperate times, I guess. A trade down after that trade would be big