The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

28 minutes ago, Grandy said:

The guy is saying that its ours if we want it. The Niners really dig the 10th pick above all and any deal not going through would be due to a complete disagreement over the Day 2 picks, and Deebo being reluctant to sign here.

Every guy is saying Deebo is willing to sign here though.

Deebo wants paid, but it's not hard to see him wanting to win too. Jets history is what it is. Let's just get him here and start winning some games. He wants to be back out East and closer to home. Check. He wants to get paid. Check. He doesn't want his body to get tore down in the next two seasons (we wants to be a receiver, not a rb). I assume the Jets can honor those wishes.

8 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Deebo wants paid, but it's not hard to see him wanting to win too. Jets history is what it is. Let's just get him here and start winning some games. He wants to be back out East and closer to home. Check. He wants to get paid. Check. He doesn't want his body to get tore down in the next two seasons (we wants to be a receiver, not a rb). I assume the Jets can honor those wishes.

The last part is an issue for me.  That is one aspect that makes him an absolute weapon, now is he still a good receiver?  Sure but what has made Deebo, Deebo is his do it all.  WE should still pursue him for sure.

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The last part is an issue for me.  That is one aspect that makes him an absolute weapon, now is he still a good receiver?  Sure but what has made Deebo, Deebo is his do it all.  WE should still pursue him for sure.

You gotta think that if he gets paid, he's going to be willing to do what it takes. And there are a lot of ways to get him the ball in space to utilize his talents.

• Upvote 1

I've already come to terms with the fact that the Eagles will pony up the extra picks that get the trade done, while Douglas finds the deal "too rich" but Jets "were in it"

5 stages of Jets fandom trade grief:

Denial: This can't be happening! Followed by posting of "It's happening!" gifs. 

Anger: Usual cadre of posters sh*ts on trade, largely out of habit or some internal bitterness in their life.

Bargaining: 40-60 pages of trade scenarios running the gamut of realistic to ludicrous.

Depression: Realization dawns that we are Jets fans and this is, after all, the Jets. 

Acceptance: Comfort with the knowledge that the last minute team mentioned on Twitter was the team all along; that even if they weren't, their offer still beats the Jets and/or the player likes the weather there, or the turf, or the strip clubs or who the f*ck knows, but just winds up there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

I've already come to terms with the fact that the Eagles will pony up the extra picks that get the trade done, while Douglas finds the deal "too rich" but Jets "were in it"

5 stages of Jets fandom trade grief:

Denial: This can't be happening! Followed by posting of "It's happening!" gifs. 

Anger: Usual cadre of posters sh*ts on trade, largely out of habit or some internal bitterness in their life.

Bargaining: 40-60 pages of trade scenarios running the gamut of realistic to ludicrous.

Depression: Realization dawns that we are Jets fans and this is, after all, the Jets. 

Acceptance: Comfort with the knowledge that the last minute team mentioned on Twitter was the team all along; that even if they weren't, their offer still beats the Jets and/or the player likes the weather there, or the turf, or the strip clubs or who the f*ck knows, but just winds up there. 

This may very well be the case and it may ultimately be what's best for the Jets anyway.

Take the best WR on their board at 10 and use that $28mm a year on filling out the roster with quality talent still available in FA's.  You could land 3 quality starters in the remaining holes on this team with that $28mm a year.  There's still plenty of talent out there - 

Joe just has to be willing to spend the money.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This may very well be the case and it may ultimately be what's best for the Jets anyway.

Take the best WR on their board at 10 and use that $28mm a year on filling out the roster with quality talent still available in FA's.  You could land 3 quality starters in the remaining holes on this team with that $28mm a year.  There's still plenty of talent out there - 

Joe just has to be willing to spend the money.

Tomorrow is the day Fido! 

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

They gotta just get this done already I’ve lost so many brain cells reading 49ers twitters trade packages. That fanbase is delusional 

Ive never seen anything like it. They’ll say the 10th and a two 2nd is the starting point. ? One guy said, “the Jets were willing to trade 35, 38, and 69 for Hill. I’ll need 10, and since they were willing to trade 35, 38, 69 - then the trade should be 10, 35, 38, and 69”

I’ve concluded that they are trying to answer a different question. Their trade proposals are based on “how can we trade Deebo and get better right now”. So there like we need at least a 1st and two day 2 picks to have a chance at being better.

Trades don't work on that premise. They are going to be disappointed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Ive never seen anything like it. They’ll say the 10th and a 2nd is the starting point.
I’ve concluded that they are trying to answer a different question. Their trade proposals are based on “how can we trade Deebo and get better right now”. So there like we need at least a 1st and two day 2 picks to have a chance at being better.
I hope so

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Ive never seen anything like it. They’ll say the 10th and a two 2nd is the starting point. ? One guy said, “the Jets were willing to trade 35, 38, and 69 for Hill. I’ll need 10, and since they were willing to trade 35, 38, 69 - then the trade should be 10, 35, 38, and 69”

Here's the biggest concern I have right now.

I think there's a good chance Woody is running the show on this one - and that tells me there's no price we won't pay.

Deebo is a PR coup and that has always been Woody's top priority.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the biggest concern I have right now.

I think there's a good chance Woody is running the show on this one - and that tells me there's no price we won't pay.

Deebo is a PR coup and that has always been Woody's top priority.

Legit concern. He didn't step in on the Hill deal though. So, got to hope he doesn't step in on this one. The 10th pick alone is going to be hard to beat. The fanbase will grumble if we trade anything significant above that. Woody should realize, most of us want Deebo but not at all cost.

8 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Legit concern. He didn't step in on the Hill deal though. So, got to hope he doesn't step in on this one. The 10th pick alone is going to be hard to beat. The fanbase will grumble if we trade anything significant above that. Woody should realize, most of us want Deebo but not at all cost.

What “we want” doesn’t matter at all. It’s what the 49ers want, and what another team is willing to offer. Fans are irrelevant in the equation.

10th pick isn’t hard to beat. Eagles can offer a 1st plus whatever and boom! #10 isn’t looking as good is it?

Same with any other teams who are interested. Our #10 is a really good offer… until someone offers more.
#math

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Just this kinda stuff didn't really happen when CJ was in charge - Now that Woody's all of a sudden back we're in on every big trade.  Just doesn't seem coincidental and contrary to the way JD has been building the team.

We don't know if Woody was involved in Hill, what we do know is the Jets did win - and Hill chose Miami.  Jets were embarrassed and now he's all in.

Now, JD has been in a three year process and the time to bring in a big hitter does also make sense.  It's a logical move to bring in known asset.  So it could totally be just JD and no ownership involvement.

To me, this has Woody written all over it - and it scares the hell out of me, because if he's back involved like this the team is doomed.  If the Jets pay a 7th rounder more than 10th overall - we'll know it was Woody.

I'm at the point where  I don't want the trade anymore.  Use the pick and cash and keep building.  But that can change tomorrow :-)

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just this kinda stuff didn't really happen when CJ was in charge - Now that Woody's all of a sudden back we're in on every big trade.  Just doesn't seem coincidental and contrary to the way JD has been building the team.

We don't know if Woody was involved in Hill, what we do know is the Jets did win - and Hill chose Miami.  Jets were embarrassed and now he's all in.

Now, JD has been in a three year process and the time to bring in a big hitter does also make sense.  It's a logical move to bring in known asset.

To me, this has Woody written all over it - and it scares the hell out of me, because if he's back involved like this the team is doomed.  If the Jets pay a 7th rounder more than 10th overall - we'll know it was Woody.

I'm at the point where I don't want the trade anymore.  Use the pick and cash and keep building.  But that can change tomorrow :-)

I think they're trying to follow the Bills plan with Allen. This is their Diggs trade.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I think they're trying to follow the Bills plan with Allen. This is their Diggs trade.

And it will work out just as bad for the Jets as it has for the bills.  They should have stayed put and taken Justin Jefferson just as we should stay put and take Jameson Williams.

The Bills probably win the Super Bowl last year and this year if they dont make the Diggs trade and take jefferson.  They would have another 25 Million to spend on bettering that team.  

Stay patient Joe.  Do not make this mistake and trade for Deebo!!!!!!!!!!!!!