The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And it will work out just as bad for the Jets as it has for the bills.  They should have stayed put and taken Justin Jefferson just as we should stay put and take Jameson Williams.

The Bills probably win the Super Bowl last year and this year if they dont make the Diggs trade and take jefferson.  They would have another 25 Million to spend on bettering that team.  

Stay patient Joe.  Do not make this mistake and trade for Deebo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jameson at 4, Trade 10 for Deebo. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Jameson at 4, Trade 10 for Deebo. 

Thats overkill.  WR will become the running back position in 2 years.  There are so many good ones nowadays the value is going to go way down.  Trading picks and spending big money on a receiver when you have the pick of the wr litter in this years draft would be an Idzik/McCagnan level mistake.

No way is Joe D doing it.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the biggest concern I have right now.

I think there's a good chance Woody is running the show on this one - and that tells me there's no price we won't pay.

Deebo is a PR coup and that has always been Woody's top priority.

Didn't Woody absolutely commit to letting JD and Saleh run the show this time?  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Dcat said:

Didn't Woody absolutely commit to letting JD and Saleh run the show this time?  

That was more Chris

But even if he did - it's still his team and he can change his mind.   I'm not sure Woody can control himself.  

Does he want to be at the masters of the universe meetings - and have people laughing at him or walk around talking about Deebo Samual.

Just saying...

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That was more Chris

But even if he did - it's still his team and he can change his mind.   I'm not sure Woody can control himself.  

Does he want to be at the masters of the universe meetings - and have people laughing at him or walk around talking about Deebo Samual.

Just saying...

Deebo rhymes with Tebow.  That's all the evidence you need.

caveat: Was it really Woody who was behind the move for Tebow? 
Tebow 'forced' on Woody?

• Haha 3

If we end up trading the 10th and the 38th pick for Deebo Samuel isn’t that the same as Trading Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold for Deebo Samuel. I’m all for that! 
I truly believe he will be a difference maker. There are 31 other teams looking for the next Deebo Samuel and we have the chance to get him. I don’t think it’s too much draft capital for the trade to happen. Also we don’t know that he’ll never play out of the backfield, No one really knows why he wants to be traded.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, RSJ said:

The only time I probably would have been clowned as much for my takes is when I posted Darnold would be a bust. Lol. A lot of these same people would be acting just as childish if I went stronger with that opinion. Face it good teams like the Steelers and Pats dont make trades like this. Theres a reason for that. Someday maybe most of Jets fans and Jets twitter will get it. Hopefully before the next 10 rebuilds.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Stop acting like you know everything. None of us do. 

And there are some great recent counterexamples to what you are saying - The Bills trading a 1st+ for Diggs? The Cardinals trading for Hopkins? There is no formula for this stuff, stop acting like there is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And it will work out just as bad for the Jets as it has for the bills.  They should have stayed put and taken Justin Jefferson just as we should stay put and take Jameson Williams.

The Bills probably win the Super Bowl last year and this year if they dont make the Diggs trade and take jefferson.  They would have another 25 Million to spend on bettering that team.  

Stay patient Joe.  Do not make this mistake and trade for Deebo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are the Vikings doing compared to the Bills?

9 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Couldn't disagree more. Diggs is not the reason they didn't end up in superbowl, nor their receiving corps in general. And you're totally glossing over the impact that diggs had on Allen in putting his development into overdrive. Diggs worked out. Yes, maybe Jefferson would have worked out as well. But Jefferson was an unknown at that moment, Diggs was not. For a young QB, you take the sure thing. If it's Aaron Rodgers, you can roll the dice on the unknown.

You're applying foresight to a past situation. 

Justin Jefferson plus 25 million to spend or Stefan Diggs?

Its not even close.  Heck Jefferson himself is better then diggs.

Huge mistake by the bills.

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

trading 10 for Deebo is wrong under any circumstances.  

I'm getting there - 

I really wish I knew JD would go out and spend the money he would have on DS - and fill out this roster.

I mean - if he's just going to continue to roll over money - than what's the point.  Might as well spend it.

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Stop acting like you know everything. None of us do. 

And there are some great recent counterexamples to what you are saying - The Bills trading a 1st+ for Diggs? The Cardinals trading for Hopkins? There is no formula for this stuff, stop acting like there is. 

The Cardinal trade for Hopkins was outright theft.  Any team that wouldn't do that trade is flat out stupid.   They gave up very little to get him.  If we could get Deebo for a washed up running back a second and an exchange of 4's he would be a Jet today.   Hopkins isn't fixing midget.  Midget can't be fixed.  

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Justin Jefferson plus 25 million to spend or Stefan Diggs?

Its not even close.  Heck Jefferson himself is better then diggs.

Huge mistake by the bills.

Namath, I usually agree with a lot of your points. Can't get behind this one. Again, if Jefferson was a bust, that would have been a more egregious mistake. 

You know NOW that Jefferson is good, you did not know what when he was drafted. Hell, the Eagles took Reagor over him. I can agree, ideally, the better scenario is to draft a WR and save the cap space, totally. But i'm not risking another young QB development on an unknown. Sorry, i'll eat the cost and go get deebo. 

Forget cap space, draft assets, wins/losses, everything else. The absolute WORST THING that can happen is we're all wondering, at the end of the second season, if Zach is the one. Only way to eliminate that is to remove all excuses and surround him with a ready made professional offense. Deebo is the key to achieving this. Also the reason I would be fine with an OT at 4, to remove any risks/doubt.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Ive never seen anything like it. They’ll say the 10th and a two 2nd is the starting point. ? One guy said, “the Jets were willing to trade 35, 38, and 69 for Hill. I’ll need 10, and since they were willing to trade 35, 38, 69 - then the trade should be 10, 35, 38, and 69”

I’ve concluded that they are trying to answer a different question. Their trade proposals are based on “how can we trade Deebo and get better right now”. So there like we need at least a 1st and two day 2 picks to have a chance at being better.

Trades don't work on that premise. They are going to be disappointed. 

Yeah I had to stop reading when one of the idiots suggested 10, 35and Elijah Moore for Deebo. They’re gonna melt down when they see the actual trade comp 

2 hours ago, TinFoil said:

If we end up trading the 10th and the 38th pick for Deebo Samuel isn’t that the same as Trading Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold for Deebo Samuel. I’m all for that! 
I truly believe he will be a difference maker. There are 31 other teams looking for the next Deebo Samuel and we have the chance to get him. I don’t think it’s too much draft capital for the trade to happen. Also we don’t know that he’ll never play out of the backfield, No one really knows why he wants to be traded.

Deebo and AVT 

14 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Dolphins sources saying they have until 5 PST to match our offer by adding another first or Deebo is ours.

The Dolphins? They already stole Hill from us, how ironic that they would do it again to us. Besides where the hell are they getting the cap space to afford two high priced wide receivers?