The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

41 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

welp damn i thought this might get done today. hopefully it still does but ive been refresing every 15 minutes or so for the past couple hours. i should probably check on the wife and dog lol

I'm sorry to tell you that your wife ate a whole box of chocolates and died and your dog ran off with another man.

Or maybe it's the other way around.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

People are talking about this being a draft day trade ... is that really feasible given the contract would have to be worked out? I suppose they could have it worked out in principle ahead of time but then it's harder to keep quiet. 

I was wondering the same thing 

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So am I the only one here who’s thinking if this was going to happen, it would have already happened?

My guess is you are right 

it sounds like SF legit doesn’t want to trade him. That could change, but that’s what it sounds like right now 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

So am I the only one here who’s thinking if this was going to happen, it would have already happened?

I think if it was going to happen for the #10 (or just one first rounder), it would maybe have been done. I think the niners want a king's ransom. Some are predicting the Jets would need to lay out at least two picks (a first and a second) and Elijah Moore as part of the deal. 

Hard pass if it comes to that.

5 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I think if it was going to happen for the #10 (or just one first rounder), it would maybe have been done. I think the niners want a king's ransom. Some are predicting the Jets would need to lay out at least two picks (a first and a second) and Elijah Moore as part of the deal. 

Hard pass if it comes to that.

One person wrote an article with that trade suggestion in it. Nobody else, besides 49ers fans, are suggesting that's what it would take. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't know if it's optimal to have an employee performing against their will.

Maybe like in a silver mine in ancient Rome but even then I can imagine that  workmanship suffered a bit.

Good luck, Niners!!

This

Include the Jimmy G blunder and now Imagine if this was the Jets.. we would be getting crucified in the media about how much of a clown show we are 

You’d think Shanahan won 10 Superbowls the way he gets slobbered on

oh yea my fault, he did goto and lose a SB against KC ???

• Upvote 2

Will picking a wr at 10 (wilson/london/williams/burks) give you more production/value over the course of rookie contract then Deebo will on a big contract? I love Deebo's game, just concerned about his injury risk by the way he plays. However on that same token the way he plays  might be the type of attitude/toughness the Jets franchise needs from a player right now. He was my favorite player to watch last year from the whole league as well. If SF is willing not to be too pricey (meaning #10 and maybe a 5th rounder) and Deebo is willing to sign a contract here, I say do it with the driving factor of it helping Wilson immensely having a guy fight for those extra yards every time touching the ball. However, if Elijah Moore has to be including in the deal, then draft a wr. 

• Upvote 1