The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Feel like this woulda happened by now today.  Feels like it ain't gonna happen.

I think they could pass on WR at 10 and possibly trade up into late teens early 20's to get their WR.

I would've thought the 9ners would moved him by today at the latest if they were going to do it.  It would give them some time setup thier draft board, unless something is already in place come draft night depending on how the board falls. 

25 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Feel like this woulda happened by now today.  Feels like it ain't gonna happen.

I think they could pass on WR at 10 and possibly trade up into late teens early 20's to get their WR.

They have until draft day. So we will see. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

For how long this has dragged out -- suggests SF would/wants a hefty ransom... He's not that good. he's good, but you really gonna line him up 40% of the time at RB? He doesn't want to.... doesn't seem like a sustainable recipe. As a WR he's not in the same conversation as some of the other WR1s. 

Grossly disappointing if we fleece ourselves chasing Deebo Waterfalls. 

Just feels like a game of chicken. Jets know SF probably needs to get rid of Deebo before the draft to avoid an ugly situation, SF knows the Jets want to add a veteran WR and they have the only one on the market currently.

Imagine Jets have an offer on the table they feel is fair, SF wants to wait to the last minute to try to see if they up it - maybe see if Woody gets involved. I certainly wouldn't rush in either team's shoes.

I do think his stats before he was lining up at RB suggest differently than the end of your post, though.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

For how long this has dragged out -- suggests SF would/or does want a hefty ransom... He's not that good. he's good, but you really gonna line him up 40% of the time at RB? He doesn't want to.... doesn't seem like a sustainable recipe. As a WR he's not in the same conversation as some of the other WR1s. 

He had 1400 yards as a WR last year and averaged 18 yards per catch and I don't think he's even reached his full potential as a WR at only 26. BUT, I'm not interested in giving up appreciably more than #10. We have a lot of holes and the longer this drags out, the more likely we are to get fleeced. 

Fortunately, I don't see Douglas making a reckless trade. It's obvious the 49ers don't want to move him and it takes two to tango. 

Oh well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

For how long this has dragged out -- suggests SF would/or does want a hefty ransom... He's not that good. he's good, but you really gonna line him up 40% of the time at RB? He doesn't want to.... doesn't seem like a sustainable recipe. As a WR he's not in the same conversation as some of the other WR1s. 

Dude, where did you get 40% at rb?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Deebo + pick 93 (3rd round)

for 

Pick 10

That's roughly the equivalent of the Tyreek & Davante trades in terms of draft value.

You making that deal?

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As a WR he's not in the same conversation as some of the other WR1s. 

This is nonsense my man.

He was literally top 5 in receiving yards alone. Ahead of Hill, Brown, Metcalf and any others we've been realistically linked with. The only guys ahead of him were part of high powered passing attacks which Deebo certainly was not. You can't possibly say he's not in that conversation after the season he just had. 

Most advanced stats and analytics had Deebo outplaying what the stats he was showing long before this season. Injuries are obviously a risk but he's the best receiver in the league with the ball in his hands, a YAC machine. Only Kupp had more yards after the catch and he needed 68 more catches. He's also just had pretty sh*tty QB play - Which he may still have endure here but he's shown he can thrive in spite of it.

If you'd have asked me before the season which WR would upgrade this offence the most Samuel would have been top 3. He's perfect for the scheme. We seen last year from LaFleur that he has the creativity to get these guys in space. Deebo would be the greatest thing to ever happen Zach Wilson. That said all of this is moot because it isn't happening. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What you notice in so much of the Deebo coverage is that a lot of NFL people don’t think he’s worth a whole lot if he’s not going to be used as a gadget player.

This would be like dismissing Kupp because he's a slot WR.

Deebo is legitimately one of the best weapons in football. He's not difficult to accommodate either. He was effective at everything last year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What you notice in so much of the Deebo coverage is that a lot of NFL people don’t think he’s worth a whole lot if he’s not going to be used as a gadget player.

I feel like half the guys have this take, half remind them that he was elite before he started getting used as a RB, and then the first half are like "Uhhh I still think last year was the best year he'll have in the league". Which is a pretty lukewarm take given he was pretty elite last year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Deebo is legitimately one of the best weapons in football. He's not difficult to accommodate either. He was effective at everything last year. 

If I've got questions about my QB, give me all of the guys who are able to create after they've been given the ball.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is overblown, but you are right, everyone is saying it. 

Just remember that he had more receiving yards last year than any Jets receiver ever with the lone exceptions of 2015 Brandon Marshall and 1967 Don Maynard. And that was with him being used more as a RB as the season progressed 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

You guys could scream at the sky all day long and you'd never get me on board that Deebo is this bonafide top 2% WR in the NFL who is worth a kings ransom.  I've watched them play. He's good, but he's not THAT good. 

Shanny's offense put players in situations to overachieve. Olandis Gary ran for like 100k and was as average as one could be. there's a long list of WRs Shanahans have put the map. And if your as good as Deebo, you're going to look like a world beater. 

This thread is obviously populated with people who have been masturbating to photoshopped Deebo pics for a week now, so i don't expect to change anyone's mind. If i'm Joe, there's an offer on the table - if that's not good enough for SF - go kick rocks. I'm not moving mountains for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, derp said:

I feel like half the guys have this take, half remind them that he was elite before he started getting used as a RB, and then the first half are like "Uhhh I still think last year was the best year he'll have in the league". Which is a pretty lukewarm take given he was pretty elite last year.

It’s unbelievable that people still make this argument after many have shown the data that he was equally if not more productive prior to the position change. He just happens to be one of those rare players that is an elite WR and an elite RB. 

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

to use your posting language "he literally" said he doesn't want to be a gadget/weapon guy.