The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

no. You guys could scream at the sky all day long and you'd never get me on board that Deebo is this bonafide top 5 WR in the NFL who is worth a kings ransom.  I've watched them play. He's good, but he's not THAT good. 

Shanny's offense put players in situations to overachieve. Olandis Gary ran for like 100k and was as average as one could be. there's a long list of WRs Shanahans have put the map. And if your as good as Deebo, you're going to look like a world beater. 

This thread is obviously populated with people who have been masturbating to photoshopped Deebo pics for a week now, so i don't expect to change anyone's mind. If i'm Joe, there's an offer on the table - if that's not good enough for SF - go kick rocks. I'm not moving mountains for him. 

Is there??? I think I'd argue the opposite lol. It's been the Kittle show since he's got there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Someone made a good point yesterday. What happens if a deal with Deebo takes place while the Jets are on the clock? The trade after all is contingent with an extension of his contract. There’s also a physical that needs to take place.

That's a risk worth taking.

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Is there??? I think I'd argue the opposite lol. It's been the Kittle show since he's got there. 

"the shanahans" would suggest i was referring to A) he and his dad and B ) Kyle was developing/scheming WRs before he was in SF... he's been an OC for 14 years. 

7 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Someone made a good point yesterday. What happens if a deal with Deebo takes place while the Jets are on the clock? The trade after all is contingent with an extension of his contract. There’s also a physical that needs to take place.

No doubt in my mind that the Jets have already spoken to Deebo’s agent and understand the parameters of a contract. Similar to how FA’s get signed minutes after the legal tampering starts. Stuff is already going on behind the curtains. 

Not having a physical, is a risk that needs to be considered.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Which is why this deal is likely to happen today if it's going to happen.

Look at the date on those. That was before his 2021 "breakout" season.

He broke 21 tackles on 62 receptions in his final year at South Carolina. He's second among all NFL receivers in broken tackles since he came into the NFL (48) despite ranking only 46th in receptions (167) because he’s missed 11 games.

His 0.34 broken tackles per attempt is not only the highest mark of any ball carrier in the NFL this season, but it's the highest such figure we’ve ever charted for a player with at least 50 carries. 

Deebo is all time levels in terms of WR's with the ball in his seconds. To credit that to his coach as if it's Shanahan breaking those tackles is just f*cking insane. The player is just that special. 

He would be the best offensive player we've had since at least Curtis Martin. Of all the elite WR's he's probably the easiest to use because he's good at everything. You can debate whether or not a package would be worth it but to play down how good a player he is in the process is just ridiculous. He's great.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Look at the date on those. That was before his 2021 "breakout" season.

Deebo is all time levels in terms of WR's with the ball in his seconds. To credit that to his coach as if it's Shanahan breaking those tackles is just f*cking insane. The player is just that special. 

He would be the best offensive player we've had since at least Curtis Martin. Of all the elite WR's he's probably the easiest to use because he's good at everything. You can debate whether or not a package would be worth it but to play down how good a player he is in the process is just ridiculous. He's great.

idc, he's not 6'5

I jest, but seriously. I feel like you keep taking the absolute millennial approach. Worst or best. All or nothing. I didn't say his accolades were only a product of his coaches. I said Shanny puts his players in a position to succeed. Deebo is great a breaking tackles? Good, lets get him the ball in situations where that is exploited. Snaps at RB, LOS, quick hits with zone coverage etc.

For the 10000000x time, he's good, and i would trade him for him. I would not mortgage farms though. And that's ok.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Well this one looks dead 

49ers are run by idiots that rival the clown show here, let them keep the malcontent and let us watch him and Tyquan, distract and burn that locker room down to the ground 

?JOHN LYNCH ?

What’d you see 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

My prediction:

Deebo is traded by 5:00 et today.

First Tweets about it come in around 4:45...

5:15 Schefty's text comes making it basically official.

Damn I hope you’re correct,

After the Nets dog walking, this draft and the Deebo hope is ALL I HAVE ?☹️??

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Well this one looks dead 

49ers are run by idiots that rival the clown show here, let them keep the malcontent and let us watch him and Tyquan, distract and burn that locker room down to the ground 

?JOHN LYNCH ?

And jet fans want players who are burning things down at their current organization here.  Just unreal.

Stay the course Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!  No Deebo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No it is definitely not. Without a new contract in place the Jets will not do this trade. No chance it happens draft day unless it is just announced before the draft and all the work is done

I'm talking about the physical part...I'm quite positive the Jets already know what Deebo wants in regards to a new contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I'm talking about the physical part...I'm quite positive the Jets already know what Deebo wants in regards to a new contract.

there have been many instances of actual players being traded during the draft.  i highly doubt the acquiring team is going to insist on a physical, especially if we are talking about a player with no known injuries (i.e not coming off a major injury last year).

i'd think wrt deebo, the contractual part (at least parameters of a deal with he and his agent) are way more important than the physical.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, juxsta said:

I would've thought the 9ners would moved him by today at the latest if they were going to do it.  It would give them some time setup thier draft board, unless something is already in place come draft night depending on how the board falls. 

I think it makes sense to get it done prior to Thursday but your reasoning doesn't make sense to me. There's no reason they can't setup multiple draft boards right now with and without Deebo.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Well this one looks dead 

?JOHN LYNCH ?

The difference between good franchises and bad ones is that good ones don't let their stars shoot their way out of town 

• Sympathy 1