The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The difference between good franchises and bad ones is that good ones don't let their stars shoot their way out of town 

Sounds good but just not true.  If a player wants out badly enough, he’ll find his way out.  Pats, Steelers, 49rs and others aren’t bad franchises and have lost more than a few players

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Make sure you talk all kinds of sh*t about the Jets organization with specific details only a die hard Jets fan would know and reference JetNation repeatedly during the rant. Bonus points if you talk about how unathletic @Jetsfan80 is.

And don't forget that the one who really deserves all the blame is @CTM.

And he's @GATA tag @GATA.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I forget who brought it up but I feel like the owners are 100% going to do something to put a stop to this thing. The precedent has pretty much already been set this offseason across the league.

Something has to change. A start is higher salaries for 2-3rd rounders or monster incentives for making the pro bowl/all pro.

These "2nd day of the draft" all pros, on rookie deals, are making less than 2 million a year out there while slap d**ks like Keelan Cole are making $5.4 million to be the 5th WR.  

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I forget who brought it up but I feel like the owners are 100% going to do something to put a stop to this thing. The precedent has pretty much already been set this offseason across the league.

As they should, 

Yes, there are one-offs where a player needs to move on, but by and large its Player+Agent driven... this one being a primary example. It's not fair to an organization to make Roster decision, FA signings, etc only to have one of your primary playmakers you've invested time in to pull this stunt.... Now i'm not saying there aren't good cases for a player to say i'm out performing my draft salary... but "trade me" is too often what we're hearing.

Too bad Deebo, play out your contract or sit at home and lose money - would be my response. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Something has to change. A start is higher salaries for 2-3rd rounders or monster incentives for making the pro bowl/all pro.

These "2nd day of the draft" all pros, on rookie deals, are making less than 2 million a year out there while slap d**ks like Keelan Cole are making $5.4 million to be the 5th WR.  

Notable WR's on rookie deals who made $2million dollars or less in 2021 per https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/2021/

Deebo Samuel, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr., AJ Brown, Chase Claypool, DK Metcalf, Terry McClaurin, Gabriel Davis, Hunter Renfrow, Amon Ra St. Brown. These salaries combine to be about $18 million dollars

Corey Davis, Jamison Crowder, and Keelan Cole's salaries totaled  $24 million dollars in 2021. 

The system is broken, don't blame the employees. Blame the owner's lawyers and the NFLPA. 

• Upvote 3

Dolphins bros are saying 20 mins ago we made a last ditch effort to trade for Deebo giving up 10, 35, and 38 and the deal will be announced soon (tonight).

Once again not buying it. Even if true, giving up one second rounder makes me wince. Don't like the sound of that deal.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sounds good but just not true.  If a player wants out badly enough, he’ll find his way out.

agree but the better franchises don't get bullied into it 

It's more like go and get paid and everyone understands because there's already a franchise qb making 100 million 

11 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Notable WR's on rookie deals who made $2million dollars or less in 2021 per https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/2021/

Deebo Samuel, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr., AJ Brown, Chase Claypool, DK Metcalf, Terry McClaurin, Gabriel Davis, Hunter Renfrow, Amon Ra St. Brown. These salaries combine to be about $18 million dollars

Corey Davis, Jamison Crowder, and Keelan Cole's salaries totaled  $24 million dollars in 2021. 

The system is broken, don't blame the employees. Blame the owner's lawyers and the NFLPA. 

I wouldnt say broken more than a work in progress. Remember this is the result of rookie first rounders getting paid elite salaries and vets wanted a bigger slice of the pie and owners fidnt want to get screwed by busts.

They'll modify things.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Alright, I was wrong.  I really thought he was going to get traded and believed it was going to happen today.

I think it's just too late now.  

I wouldn’t say that just yet, both AZ and Vegas said “0% chance Kyler/Waller is traded” didn’t hear them words yet from SF and the current silence is very suspicious 

there could be a deal in place for all we know 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Dolphins bros are saying 20 mins ago we made a last ditch effort to trade for Deebo giving up 10, 35, and 38 and the deal will be announced soon (tonight).

Once again not buying it. Even if true, giving up one second rounder makes me wince. Don't like the sound of that deal.

If you believe this, you haven't learned a thing about JD over the past 3 years.

I want deebo bad but that's atrocious 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I wouldnt say broken more than a work in progress. Remember this is the result of rookie first rounders getting paid elite salaries and vets wanted a bigger slice of the pie and owners fidnt want to get screwed by busts.

They'll modify things.

It’s a second contract league.

The players association that signed off on that deal was, naturally, comprised of veterans. IMO that is THE clear answer why rookies don’t get paid. Those guys wanted a bigger piece of the pie for them. Allows follow the money. Makes sense and I would have done it too. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

they're already pooping on the sidewalks by this time of day

I'm sure the wealthy socially conscious tech workers have some kind of "sh*t minion" that picks it up for them. 

Probably through an app. Paid by the visit. Or piece. 

Sh*tMinion

TurdValet

CrapLyft

Dung Butler

Deuce2Go

Stool Steward

The Sh*tty gig economy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What was so special about today? 

Nothing, just my prediction.  Two days before the draft.  Felt like this was a game of chicken and today was pretty much the last day to get this done before they're out of time.

Maybe it happens tomorrow - but I doubt it..

But I've been so wrong - so it probably does.

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I wouldn’t say that just yet, both AZ and Vegas said “0% chance Kyler/Waller is traded” didn’t hear them words yet from SF and the current silence is very suspicious 

there could be a deal in place for all we know 

Fair point.  I read someone mention that a deal could be in place but it's based on who's there at 10.

Sorry to who posted that for not @ you - can't remember or find it....but it's certainly possible.

At this point anything can be true.  I'm completely lost and fully burnt out.  I need to unplug :-)

• Upvote 1

For the San Fran resident on a budget, who cannot afford to have unsightly turds carted away, there is "Crap Cocoon", where after pinning the offending anal offering on a map app, a Crap Cocoon contractor will arrive and cover the offending biscuit with a small, handcrafted artisanal basket*.

*(manufactured by small children in Sri Lanka to keep costs down)

• Haha 1