The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

We've been building for a 100 years....when is the future ever right now?

Because we dont ever see it through. We dont ever try to fit great players into our team. We do it the other way around. Right now Douglas should have Saleh in his office telling him to fix his stupid defense to fit Sauce into it. Instead he is talking to John Lynch about how much he can give up for a WR to make Zach look like the 20th ranked Qab.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Joe agrees with you. 

The benefit of being miserly with cap space and draft picks is that Joe can really be aggressive here in a way that no other team can. 

I like it, but I'm definitely a bit nervous about it too.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My thoughts, too. Costly stuff, but it’s make or break for Zach Wilson. And if you recoup a two for Becton, it will at least feel like a win. 

A two for Becky? That would be incredible. 

Surprisingly optimistic appraisal from you. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

It amazes me how jets fans don’t want to spend a draft pick on a great player.  We all know that if JD were to use that pick, you all would just whine and b!tch about whoever was picked in a year anyway.

People love their lottery tickets. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, QB sucking in year 2 is usually a built-in excuse to stay employed another year for HC/GM.

High picks usually get more time.

Normally I would agree, but given the raw desperation they’re showing this offseason, you get the feeling that there’s some urgency inside the building. They can only wait for Zach for so long before it starts becoming a CYA situation.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Because if Zach Wilson is still garbage eight games in to this season, he will lose his job.

That's true but I think the desire to match up a young QB with a star receiver is independent of how high they think of Wilson (which is reported to be very high). In fact I'd see this happening no matter how Wilson played. The idea behind getting a star wideout isn't that he'll fix a bad QB. It's that he'll help push a promising and developing QB over the top.

Since the beginning Douglas has been trying to emulate what the Bills did with Allen. This is our Diggs move. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Because we dont ever see it through. Right now Douglas should have Saleh in his office telling him to fix his stupid defense to fit Sauce into it. Instead he is talking to John Lynch about how much he can give up for a WR to make Zach look like the 20th ranked Qab.

Maybe he's doing both? What do you think he's doing all ******* day?

He's played three ******* seasons. Using this last season, the very last thing Deebo did on a football field, Tyreek Hill has had one good season.

What are you even talking about dude. Do you know how many players have one good season in their first three and never do a damn thing after?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imo, they weren’t going to let another tight end into the rotation anyway. Uzomah and Vikings Mullet Guy are going to eat up all those snaps.

The only reason I’m half sober right now is B/c Ruckert is still in the mix. Remember this on Friday night. ?

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You want to trade a ton for a WR who has had one good season. He also played in a system tailored for his talent. Winning organizations dont do this. What consistently winning organization does this? Which one?

1. We run the same system they do. 

2. By all accounts we were drafting a WR. Wouldn't you take a given productive, bona fide wr1 over a potential wr1 that hasn't done it on the NFL level yet? I'm taking Deebo over Any of the 4 WR we've been arguing over for the past 5 months. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The benefit of being miserly with cap space and draft picks is that Joe can really be aggressive here in a way that no other team can. 

I like it, but I'm definitely a bit nervous about it too.

A two for Becky? That would be incredible. 

Surprisingly optimistic appraisal from you. 

I am always optimistic, you bastard.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Makes you wonder why the jets don’t just draft london.  If the ask is absurd i think the jets are better off taking a wr and having him on a rookie deal.  Truth if london actually ran a decent 40 he wouldn’t be there at 10 anyway.

1) If London ran a good 40, I'd want him at 4 (but he probably wouldn't run a decent 40 . . . which is why he didn't run it)

2) The reason you trade for Deebo instead of drafting London is because Deebo is coming off of 1400 receiving yards in an NFL season and London is coming from USC. London, who is a really nice looking prospect, is a crapshoot like every other draft pick is

• Upvote 4

2. By all accounts we were drafting a WR. Wouldn't you take a given productive, bona fide wr1 over a potential wr1 that hasn't done it on the NFL level yet? I'm taking Deebo over Any of the 4 WR we've been arguing over for the past 5 months. 

Its a very good system. Makes players like Mostert and Deebo look like all pros.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Where did I say I was a “Zach doubter”?

What I said say was, we didn’t really fleece Carolina getting two 2nd round picks for a 24 yo 3 year starting QB, and as of today, we have no valid reason to think Zach will end up being any better than him in two years.

"Zach doubter" is my label, not yours.  Sam sucks. In my mind thinking Sam won't end up better than Sam is thinking Zach is going to suck, and therefore, doubting. Totally my interpretation only, doesn't mean you view it that way. 

I think there are valid reasons to believe Zach will end up better than Sam, but we would just end up in a circle argument if we went down that path.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Normally I would agree, but given the raw desperation they’re showing this offseason, you get the feeling that there’s some urgency inside the building. They can only wait for Zach for so long before it starts becoming a CYA situation.

You do know that Zach Wilson has played in 13 NFL games, right? 

I love me some Deebo but nothing more then the Hill package when you consider you have to give him the ? 

10 is to much for a player who WONT sign and is publicly going nuclear to get traded.  Let Philly empty the cupboard.

The Jets need guys who can play and 4 picks in top 38 works to fill those holes they had last season, we are not a Deebo Samuel away from winning the SB.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Saleh gets sh*t canned and the next HC has a unfavorable system this turns into your typical Jets nightmare if they give up the farm and the bag, 1 or the other not both.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That's still almost 50% more games than Wilson has played in

Right, so, if Wilson happens to get halfway into this season and he hasn’t improved a great deal, he’ll be at 21 starts and there would be decisions to make. Deebo, for obvious reasons, can help prevent that. 

• Upvote 2