Jump to content

The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Outside of an injury, I don't see any way Wilson isn't the starting QB all of 2022. Douglas made his bed and now he has to sleep in it. 

I don't think that'll be any problem for him. Dude can fall asleep anywhere!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I hear you and I would also rather do the Tyreek Hill package as opposed to giving up 10. 

But if we were taking a WR at 10 anyway, it's still a no-brainer to me. Giving a 26 year old a big contract until he's 30ish works. The Jets haven't drafted a receiver as good as Deebo since . . . Keyshawn? I don't even know. I have big hopes for Moore, but he's still a projection. 

If we were going to do something else at 10, then it's trickier, but I'm pulling the trigger. I want an edge at 4, almost no matter what. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

What talk and who cares. At a glance the last two blow this one out of the water, and the league going nuts in free agency kind of tells you what they think of the strength of the draft class.

This is what I’ve been saying. I agree.

Thats why I’m saying I cannot reconcile what media is saying about the depth of this class. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ruckert is going to go to the Packers at the end of Round Two, catch 80 balls per year, and his dad is going to troll the Jets forever on Twitter for passing on his son

Not cool, dude. Not cool. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I hear you and I would also rather do the Tyreek Hill package as opposed to giving up 10. 

But if we were taking a WR at 10 anyway, it's still a no-brainer to me. Giving a 26 year old a big contract until he's 30ish works. The Jets haven't drafted a receiver as good as Deebo since . . . Keyshawn? I don't even know. I have big hopes for Moore, but he's still a projection. 

If we were going to do something else at 10, then it's trickier, but I'm pulling the trigger. I want an edge at 4, almost no matter what. 

Something else at 10 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear you and I would also rather do the Tyreek Hill package as opposed to giving up 10. 
But if we were taking a WR at 10 anyway, it's still a no-brainer to me. Giving a 26 year old a big contract until he's 30ish works. The Jets haven't drafted a receiver as good as Deebo since . . . Keyshawn? I don't even know. I have big hopes for Moore, but he's still a projection. 
If we were going to do something else at 10, then it's trickier, but I'm pulling the trigger. I want an edge at 4, almost no matter what. 


Coles had 1264 yards in his third season, in 16 games, and he wasnt 26 years old, he was 24. But continue……...


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Paradis said:

Something else at 10 

I'd be very interested in trading down at 10, but I would need to see who is on the board at 10 first. I'm assuming the Deebo trade would have to happen before the draft? But maybe not? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

 


Coles had 1264 yards in his third season, in 16 games, and he wasnt 26 years old, he was 24. But continue……...


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

What is your point? That Coles was as good as Deebo?

1) He wasn't

2) Even if he was, we drafted him in 2000. That's 22 years ago - Only 4 years after we drafted Keyshawn. 

You are making my point for me.

But continue . . . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Does anyone know who Charlie Manson is mocking to the Lions?

I don't know, but my seance club accidentally contacted Jeffrey Dahmer, and he says we shouldn't be sleeping on the safety.

The f*cking psycho.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

He’s the starter in Carolina as of right now, isn’t he? That’s no different than Wilson being the starter here.

Not for long...

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer met with Sam Darnold on Monday and told the No. 3 pick of the 2018 NFL draft "there's a pretty good chance" the team will add a quarterback during the upcoming draft weekend.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is your point? That Coles was as good as Deebo?
1) He wasn't
2) Even if he was, we drafted him in 2000. That's 22 years ago - Only 4 years after we drafted Keyshawn. 
You are making my point for me.
But continue . . . 


How is Coles not as good as Deebo?

Yes we have had some bad people picking players since then. We have also had bad people developing them. If these guys were really good at their jobs they would find and develop their own Deebo. I actually think they will try that route and this trade wont ever happen. Only teams bad at picking and developing players view draft picks as scratch offs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Not for long...

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers general manager Scott Fitterer met with Sam Darnold on Monday and told the No. 3 pick of the 2018 NFL draft "there's a pretty good chance" the team will add a quarterback during the upcoming draft weekend.

Schadenfreude GIF by MOODMAN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'd be very interested in trading down at 10, but I would need to see who is on the board at 10 first. I'm assuming the Deebo trade would have to happen before the draft? But maybe not? 

Has to before I think. Need to have a contract in principle discussion with Deebo’s camp  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

 


How is Coles not as good as Deebo?

Yes we have had some bad people picking players since then. We have also had bad people developing them. If these guys were really good at their jobs they would find and develop their own Deebo. I actually think they will try that route and this trade wont ever happen. Only teams bad at picking and developing players view draft picks as scratch offs.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Because he's never had a season as good as Deebo had last year?

I loved Coles, but he didn't have Deebo's upside. 

Nobody is saying that draft picks are scratch offs. Obviously, you want to build through the draft - which we have been doing. But that doesn't preclude you from trading for good players. There's a balance. Landing a veteran WR makes a lot of sense. We have an extremely young core on offense - Wilson, Carter, Moore, AVT. An established veteran WR who excelled in a very similar system fits like a glove. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This is what I’ve been saying. I agree.

Thats why I’m saying I cannot reconcile what media is saying about the depth of this class. 

 

'Depth' specifically is always nonsense. The wisdom of crowds more or less gets there on roughly the first round and fades quickly after that. Once you get to the point in the draft that a class is deep or not, nobody knows anything.

How many smart, honest people who don't do this for an actual living realistically have any incentive to be knowledgeable ten deep at a position when nobody can tell the difference anyway?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because he's never had a season as good as Deebo had last year?
I loved Coles, but he didn't have Deebo's upside. 
Nobody is saying that draft picks are scratch offs. Obviously, you want to build through the draft - which we have been doing. But that doesn't preclude you from trading for good players. There's a balance. Landing a veteran WR makes a lot of sense. We have an extremely young core on offense - Wilson, Carter, Moore, AVT. An established veteran WR who excelled in a very similar system fits like a glove. 


17 games.

If the value is very good you make the trade. Buy low and sell high. Like the Pats, Steelers, Ravens and Packers do. Thats why they are in the mix every year. Otoh teams like Washington, the Jets in the past, the Giants recently, the Cowboys and others make these kinds of trades for players coming off career years. Thats why they are never in the mix or if they are its very short lived.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OJ hit it on the head for me.  Why would a team that almost made it to the Super Bowl get rid of one of its best offensive weapons?   Paying weapons like Deebo is how you go to the Super Bowl, even if it means you crash later. 

Well…the 49ers created a mess for themselves by drafting an QB at 3, who may not be very good, in addition to having to pay Jimmy G.  So why would the Jets who picked a QB at 2 in the 2021 draft be willing to pay Deebo (plus a draft pick) whereas the 49ers who picked a QB at 3 in that same draft won’t. Does not make sense to me.  Yes, the Jets do not have to pay Jimmy G, but we pay Mosley and others.   

If I am the 49ers I am trading one of Jimmy or Lance Asap.  

But the 49ers know that Woody is switched on here and looking to do something stupid, and they are willing to cash that in and roll with Aiyuk and the draft picks they will get from the Jets.  I think both teams are going to screw this up.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

 


17 games.

If the value is very good you make the trade. Buy low and sell high. Like the Pats, Steelers, Ravens and Packers do. Thats why they are in the mix every year. Otoh teams like Washington, the Jets in the past, the Giants recently, the Cowboys and others make these kinds of trades for players coming off career years. Thats why they are never in the mix or if they are its very short lived.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

We've talked about this. The Bills just traded for Diggs two years ago and profited. It depends on the trade.  

Also, the Pats, Packers, and Steelers all had HOF QBs for over a decade - which masked a lot of issues. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re gonna dump Becton in deference to Saleh, then Douglas is going to burn Saleh by turning around and drafting a new OT, and then we’re gonna trade for a megalomaniac receiver who will straight up murder Zach Wilson after he clips Deebo’s Nikes with another of his patented worm-burners. Doug Marrone is gonna be coaching this team next year. Whole season gonna be a Mexican standoff. LFG NYJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, T0mShane said:

We’re gonna dump Becton in deference to Saleh, then Douglas is going to burn Saleh by turning around and drafting a new OT, and then we’re gonna trade for a megalomaniac receiver who will straight up murder Zach Wilson after he clips Deebo’s Nikes with another of his patented worm-burners. 

He sold the patent. Do you even watch the games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've talked about this. The Bills just traded for Diggs two years ago and profited. It depends on the trade.  
Also, the Pats, Packers, and Steelers all had HOF QBs for over a decade - which masked a lot of issues. 


Bills won a Super Bowl? Bills are a good team - but lets not confuse them with the 1992 Cowboys.

Yeah those teams picked the right QBs and they developed them. Similarly they also picked and developed the right guys at other positions too. Where was TJ Watt selected again? See the pattern?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

OJ hit it on the head for me.  Why would a team that almost made it to the Super Bowl get rid of one of its best offensive weapons?   Paying weapons like Deebo is how you go to the Super Bowl, even if it means you crash later. 

Well…the 49ers created a mess for themselves by drafting an QB at 3, who may not be very good, in addition to having to pay Jimmy G.  So why would the Jets who picked a QB at 2 in the 2021 draft be willing to pay Deebo (plus a draft pick) whereas the 49ers who picked a QB at 3 in that same draft won’t. Does not make sense to me.  Yes, the Jets do not have to pay Jimmy G, but we pay Mosley and others.   

If I am the 49ers I am trading one of Jimmy or Lance Asap.  

But the 49ers know that Woody is switched on here and looking to do something stupid, and they are willing to cash that in and roll with Aiyuk and the draft picks they will get from the Jets.  I think both teams are going to screw this up.  

The Niners can’t move Garoppolo because he had shoulder surgery and nobody wants him until they see him throw. He’s tying up $20+ million in cap space by himself. Niners also have to create room to pay Bosa a massive deal next summer. They want Samuel back, but only at the $20 mil per level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...