The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

But shefter has nothing?

Think about it, after the Pauline report dudes like Rap/Shef love to get in front of these things, if this was a big nothing burger I really believe rap or Shef would’ve already tore this report down.

You know Rap and Scef has been talking to their sauces and they likely are hearing the same smoke

idk I’m probably just throwing sh*t at the wall at this point 🤷‍♂️

but look:  

something is definitely up IMO

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Every hour closer to the Draft Deebo isn’t a Jet I’m happy. I don’t want him.

I haven’t been able to follow this saga as much as I’d like to. What’s the reason here? The amount of draft capital it would take to get him? At some point we need to give Zach a proven playmaker, I think he fits the system perfectly even though it’s slightly different than what Shanahan runs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Is 10 and change a massive package though? (I can’t type massive package without thinking of my own,  but I digress…) 

Pauline was talking about a Godfather style offer they can’t refuse. I’m starting to think Freuland knoew what she was talking about Sunday.

In a weak draft no less?

10 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Makes you wonder why the jets don’t just draft london.  If the ask is absurd i think the jets are better off taking a wr and having him on a rookie deal.  Truth if london actually ran a decent 40 he wouldn’t be there at 10 anyway.

Because one is an accomplished WR who has done it in the NFL the other is someone you hope can do it anywhere near as well as the other once in the NFL.  

What are we going to say id Deebo has another year like last and London has an eh year, "but hes on a rookie deal and runs a decent 40"?

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Dont cave Joe - offer what you feel comfortable with and don't overbid against yourself. Yes we want Deebo but no more than the 10th pick!

He will give more then the 10 pick. Almost certain of it. I’m thinking one of the 4ths is added in as well. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We’re gonna dump Becton in deference to Saleh, then Douglas is going to burn Saleh by turning around and drafting a new OT, and then we’re gonna trade for a megalomaniac receiver who will straight up murder Zach Wilson after he clips Deebo’s Nikes with another of his patented worm-burners. Doug Marrone is gonna be coaching this team next year. Whole season gonna be a Mexican standoff. LFG NYJ.

You laugh, but my only hope for optimism is the Jets cleaning house and making Sean Payton an offer he can’t refuse to run everything.

Think about it, after the Pauline report dudes like Rap/Shef love to get in front of these things, if this was a big nothing burger I really believe rap or Shef would’ve already tore this report down.
You know Rap and Scef has been talking to their sauces and they likely are hearing the same smoke
idk I’m probably just throwing sh*t at the wall at this point

but look:  

something is definitely up IMO
Deebo for a 2 ? Sweet.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I don't want him for some of the crazy prices that are being thrown around out there on Twatter - two #1s plus Elijah Moore, FFS.

He's Deebo Samuel, not Jerry Rice.

I'd give up our 10 for Deebo, and even then I would feel like I overpaid.

I agree. Remember a lot of these wild trades are being posted by 49er fans and unknown “execs” probably trying to get the Jets to up their offer.

If those crazy trades were on the table, this trade would have happened already. No WR is worth all that draft capital.

I’ve been ignoring all that noise. If we get Deebo, it’ll be #10 and a day 3 pick. That’s likely been the deal all along and the 49ers have been kicking and screaming to extract more and it wont happen because no other team is coming close to that offer.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He will give more then the 10 pick. Almost certain of it. I’m thinking one of the 4ths is added in as well. 

I really don’t care if we get Deebo or not but I could live with trading Chris Herndon and Jamal Adams for AVT and Deebo

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

49ers fans are talking wild, saying they want picks 4 and 10. Or pick 10 and a first next year, or including Becton or Moore in the deal. I really hope JD fleeces them and gives up only like pick 35 so we can see them cry 😂😂😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which isnt true, he had a very good rookie season, it just is nowhere near what his 3rd season was.  '

Was also hurt his second season and his college career was also filled with numerous injuries.  Stay away Joe D. Even pick 10 alone is way too much. One solid year of production along with injury concerns. No thanks. Second round pick and 20 mill per year I’m all in but not anything more. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

'Depth' specifically is always nonsense. The wisdom of crowds more or less gets there on roughly the first round and fades quickly after that. Once you get to the point in the draft that a class is deep or not, nobody knows anything.

How many smart, honest people who don't do this for an actual living realistically have any incentive to be knowledgeable ten deep at a position when nobody can tell the difference anyway?

Valid.

I think even guys that are ex-GMs now in the media have the same ‘lazy-take’ analysis as the rest of them.

I suppose my initial ? was more an indictment of how lazy the media actually is. 

To the point you’ve made, that I’ve also echoed, the WR free agency and trade market tells us all we need to know about this WR class. In which case, a trade for Deebo is 👍 filling a need for me, and picking up a developmental WR prospect later in the draft is just an investment.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

49ers fans are talking wild, saying they want picks 4 and 10. Or pick 10 and a first next year, or including Becton or Moore in the deal. I really hope JD fleeces them and gives up only like pick 35 so we can see them cry 😂😂😂

I’d be fine giving up 4 or 10, but getting back a 2nd or 3rd with Deebo.

I cannot see JD throwing absurd capital at this. More likely it never happens, because he won’t overpay.

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

People always ask for more until they settle for less.

18 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Was also hurt his second season and his college career was also filled with numerous injuries.  Stay away Joe D. Even pick 10 alone is way too much. One solid year of production along with injury concerns. No thanks. Second round pick and 20 mill per year I’m all in but not anything more. 

What also hurt his 2nd season, which no one acknowledges is that Jimmy G was injured in week two, against the Jets, and missed almost all of the season.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What also hurt his 2nd season, which no one acknowledges is that Jimmy G was injured in week two, against the Jets, and missed almost all of the season.  

Doesn’t matter who the QB is if you are hurt and not on the field…,

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In a weak draft no less?

I have no idea what’s going on here, nut. Everyone is saying what we should and will give up, and when they think it will happen.
I thought this trade would’ve been done by now if we were going to do it. It seems like the type you’d want to have done before the draft…. No?

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Just heard an interview with Lynch. 

We love Deebo and want to keep him here. 

Read into it what you will but that doesn't  sound like a guy who will trade him for a second round pick

2nd round pick? 

I think most expect it to cost the Jets #10, although I'm not convinced it's happening either

11 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Doesn’t matter who the QB is if you are hurt and not on the field…,

Garappolo played in only a handful of games, limited snaps.  Deebo was injured.  That was the season, like it or not his one unproductive season was helped by both.  

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I have no idea what’s going on here, nut. Everyone is saying what we should and will give up, and when they think it will happen.
I thought this trade would’ve been done by now if we were going to do it. It seems like the type you’d want to have done before the draft…. No?

I think the 9rs really would like to keep him and will go down to the wire to get their best offer if they have too or to change Deebos mind

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

These niners fans are delusional! 10, 38, and next years 1?!!! Lmao they’re gonna be severely disappointed. Fleece them JD!

AC5580D4-1DEF-4C3F-B221-2E8F391E59D4.png

Do they think Samuel is a franchise QB?  That's the ONLY way they could get what they want

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Garappolo played in only a handful of games, limited snaps.  Deebo was injured.  That was the season, like it or not his one unproductive season was helped by both.  

Exactly my point. Deebo was injured so it didn’t matter that Jimmy got hurt. Look not debating he is a good player but facts are he has injury concerns dating back to his freshman year of college and he has had only one year of elite production. These are all facts. Now you can say you feel comfortable in trading for his future but I am definitely concerned. 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

2nd round pick? 

I think most expect it to cost the Jets #10, although I'm not convinced it's happening either

I think a lot of people were talking about one or both 2nd round picks instead of #10. I have only been casually following  this since I also think this has little chance of happening. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think a lot of people were talking about one or both 2nd round picks instead of #10. I have only been casually following  this since I also think this has little chance of happening. 

No, not one. BOTH plus change. (Tyreek Hill deal)

We aren't getting Deebo for one second round pick