The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Robert Woods, OBJ, Matt Stafford, Jalen Ramsey

The best way to build a team is through the draft. Once that team is built, there are definitely ways to improve the roster via trades/free agency. The Diggs trade for the Bills (although they gave up the pick that turned into Justin Jefferson) and of course the Rams once they realized Goff was a bust. But the Rams are a unique situation with a great coach and two HOFers in Donald/Kupp sitting on their roster. 

The Jets, thank to Jamal Adams, have an abundance of draft capital. So trading away the #10 for Deebo is not going to hurt their long term vision since they still have the #4 and 2 high picks in the 2nd. Plus Deebo is only 26. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The best way to build a team is through the draft. Once that team is built, there are definitely ways to improve the roster via trades/free agency. The Diggs trade for the Bills (although they gave up the pick that turned into Justin Jefferson) and of course the Rams once they realized Goff was a bust. But the Rams are a unique situation with a great coach and two HOFers in Donald/Kupp sitting on their roster. 

The Jets, thank to Jamal Adams, have an abundance of draft capital. So trading away the #10 for Deebo is not going to hurt their long term vision since they still have the #4 and 2 high picks in the 2nd. Plus Deebo is only 26. 

Spot on, sometimes it makes sense to move draft capital in a trade for a proven player and right now is the time for the draft. You got some posters on this board who are adamant about building thru the draft even tho that has never worked out for the jets ever 

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes.  That was a horrible trade for the bills.  They could have Justin Jefferson and an extra $25 million to spend right now.

The Diggs example is so bad its mind boggling.  If the Bills could go back they would have never made that trade.

Well I would expect this from a guy that thinks that Drake London, Garrett Wilson AND Jameson Williams will ALL be better than a guy that just put up 1400 yards receiving on 18 per reception.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm flat out done with this team if Moore is traded. Sincerely believe (and hope) Douglas would not do that. 

I might legitimately break my TV if Jets give up 10 and Moore for Deebo.

Most of the equity I have built up in Douglas would be destroyed.

With all that being said, I would be stunned if Douglas gave up his 16th rated player from last year's draft and has done everything right in terms of productivity since.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Well I would expect this from a guy that thinks that Drake London, Garrett Wilson AND Jameson Williams will ALL be better than a guy that just put up 1400 yards receiving on 18 per reception.

Yes, its crazy to think that 3 players who are better prospects coming out then Deebo was, could be better then Deebo who has had 1 good nfl season.  I am a crazy person.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes.  That was a horrible trade for the bills.  They could have Justin Jefferson and an extra $25 million to spend right now.

The Diggs example is so bad its mind boggling.  If the Bills could go back they would have never made that trade.

The Vikings had to rely on the Eagles GM being a f*cking moron for Jefferson to even be available. 

That is a trade that worked out for everyone if there ever was one. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, NYSportsKing said:

I might legitimately break my TV if Jets give up 10 and Moore for Deebo.

Most of the equity I have built up in Douglas would be destroyed.

With all that being said, I would be stunned if Douglas gave up his 16th rated player from last year's draft and has done everything right in terms of productivity since.

Moore is untouchable.  You cant preach culture and then trade a kid like moore.  He is everything the Jets are looking for.

Its why Deebo is coming no where near this franchise.  A guy whos had one good season and it b!tching before his contract is up.  No way!!!

13 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Something is coming guys, just hope we aren’t being used for leverage like 99.9% of the time 

Yeah, until that news breaks, I am 50% expecting us to trade for him and 50% feeling like it will happen but for another team. With that said, I wish something would happen so we could move on.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  And those weapons were cooper kupp, jamar chase, tee higgins, Joe Mixon, Cam Akers, Tyler Boyd, CJ uzomah, Tyler Higbee, van jeffereson etc.

All drafted by their teams.

None of those "weaponz" were acquired by trading valuable picks and then making them the highest paid non-qb in the league.

well the rams did trade for matthew stafford (for goff, a 3rd and two future 1s) and von miller (for a 2nd and 3rd) and signed OBJ.  they also traded for sony michel.  they previously acquire jalen ramsey in a trade (for two 1sts and a 4th).

pretty sure those guys played a major part of them getting to and winning the SB

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It sucks to say but the odds of all four picks (4,10,35,38) hitting are astronomical. Meaning they are starting level players throughout their rookie deal and receive second contracts with the Jets. 
you’re lucky if 2 of those picks make a lasting impact on this team. Why not make one of those picks Deebo? 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, its crazy to think that 3 players who are better prospects coming out then Deebo was, could be better then Deebo who has had 1 good nfl season.  I am a crazy person.

tom brady was a 6th round pick.  i guess you'd rather have kenny pickett who is a better prospect coming out than brady was...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah, until that news breaks, I am 50% expecting us to trade for him and 50% feeling like it will happen but for another team. With that said, I wish something would happen so we could move on.

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

I wil lose respect for JD with this one. Moore can't be a part. 

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I will cross over to the dark side if Moore gets traded.

holy sh*t ... I don't believe JD would offer that much for Deebo.. sorry

Keep Moore trade Mr. NO Clutch/competitive fire Corey Davis

if that is legit ( I don't think it is) JD getting bent over by Woody just to get Deebo, that is my stance its a Woody Deal.

• Upvote 1