The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is beautiful.  Good thing Joe D thinks like we do.

not sure why you think joe d agrees with you given all the reports the jets are interested in trading for deebo and it's the niners reluctance to trade him that is holding things up.  

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The idea that Elijah Moore would be involved in any prospective trade is baffling to me. He's a major asset and losing him weakens the WR room a lot when the purpose of the trade is obviously to strengthen/bolster the WR room.

Yeah, that was pulled out of someone's ass. I'll eat my underwear if it happens.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

not sure why you think joe d agrees with you given all the reports the jets are interested in trading for deebo and it's the niners reluctance to trade him that is holding things up.  

And we have heard that about cooper and AJ Brown and DK metcalf and tyreke hill etc.

I think Joe D is fishing so word gets out but has 0 intention of ever actually doing any of these deals.  This way he can say he tried but he wasnt going to give away the farm.  

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I wouldn't want to give up Elijah Moore either. I would though if it meant we keep the #10 pick. 

No. 

Moore is untradeable. The whole point is to add weapons. Moore is a homegrown guy with really high potential who everyone loves. 

If we take a WR at 10, we would hope that whomever we take display's Moore's potential after 1 season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

How are the 49ers going back to the playoffs if they move Deebo?  The only draft pick they will have to pick a WR is whatever the Jets give them.  That is why Elijah Moore could make some sense for the 49ers-a cheap weapon.  

If the Jets send 10 to the 49ers for Deebo, then that basically implies that the 49ers are going to use 10 to replace Deebo.  If 10 could replace Deebo, why don’t the Jets use 10 to draft their own, cheaper Deebo?   This is why this situation does not make sense to me.  Trading with Seahawks makes sense because they are toast/rebuilding, although they won’t admit it.  The 49ers are a contending team.   If they think that they can replace Deebo with 10 but JD does not think he can draft another Deebo at 10, there is a disconnection somewhere.

• Post of the Week 2

Elijah Moore + Garret Wilson > Deeboo Samuel for OUR team, today.

Stand firm, take the WR at #10, let the 49's figure out their drama queen RB-hybrid's demands.

If I'm JD (and clearly, I'm not) I walk from any negotiation for D.S. that starts with any single piece more valuable than a 2nd rounder.

If the 9'ers aren't interested, fine, walk away.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And we have heard that about cooper and AJ Brown and DK metcalf and tyreke hill etc.

I think Joe D is fishing so word gets out but has 0 intention of ever actually doing any of these deals.  This way he can say he tried but he wasnt going to give away the farm.  

come on.  there are multiple reports the jets made an offer and worked out parameters of a contract for tyreke hill.  that's wasn't just fishing.  that was deep negotiations that ultimately ended with the player picking another team.

now we have multiple reports that the jets are highly interested in deebo and it's up to the niners to trade him.

it's fine if you don't want the jets to trade for these guys.  but it's silly to pretend that JD is 1000% aligned with your opinion here.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Um…JD had a trade package accepted by KC but then Miami came in afterwards, and Hill wanted to return to Florida. That shows 100% intent to trade for a star receiver. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I wouldn't want to give up Elijah Moore either. I would though if it meant we keep the #10 pick. 

Moore with a year experience and a 2nd round contract is better and cheaper than any WR we could draft this year at 10

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

How are the 49ers going back to the playoffs if they move Deebo?  The only draft pick they will have to pick a WR is whatever the Jets give them.  That is why Elijah Moore could make some sense for the 49ers-a cheap weapon.  

If the Jets send 10 to the 49ers for Deebo, then that basically implies that the 49ers are going to use 10 to replace Deebo.  If 10 could replace Deebo, why don’t the Jets use 10 to draft their own, cheaper Deebo?   This is why this situation does not make sense to me.  Trading with Seahawks makes sense because they are toast/rebuilding, although they won’t admit it.  The 49ers are a contending team.   If they think that they can replace Deebo with 10 but JD does not think he can draft another Deebo at 10, there is a disconnection somewhere.

There's a difference between "wanting to" and "having to" 

This Deebo situation is chicken sh*t. They need to make chicken sh*t salad.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

Um…JD had a trade package accepted by KC but then Miami came in afterwards, and Hill wanted to return to Florida. That shows 100% intent to trade for a star receiver. 

Exactly. With Tyreek it was way more than fishing. They caught the fish, he just squirmed away before they could put him in a bucket. Not only was trade compensation agreed to but they were also willing to make him the highest paid WR in football. Douglas has made his intention clear, he wants a true veteran number 1 for Zach. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Stand firm, take the WR at #10, let the 49's figure out their drama queen RB-hybrid's demands.

If I'm JD (and clearly, I'm not) I walk from any negotiation for D.S. that starts with any single piece more valuable than a 2nd rounder.

Wait you think Garrett Wilson is a better player than Deebo? Will put up better production than him next year?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

but the question is moore + samuel > moore + wilson (or london or williams)?  moore isn't going anywhere, so he should be a constant.

granted there is a salary cap component in that money spent on samuel's extension can be allocated elsewhere

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No. 

Moore is untradeable. The whole point is to add weapons. Moore is a homegrown guy with really high potential who everyone loves. 

If we take a WR at 10, we would hope that whomever we take display's Moore's potential after 1 season. 

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

IMO Elijah Moore is way more valuable than the #10 pick. I'll happily give up the latter.

Elijah Moore is a smaller version of Deebo Samuel. We already have tiny Berrios. If we kept #10 would it be that terrible to mix in a bigger receiver like let's say for example Drake London? Jets could have the Killer D's: Deebo, Drake, and Davis. 

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Wait you think Garrett Wilson is a better player than Deebo? Will put up better production than him next year?

No, I think exactly what I said:

In equal situations, I think Moore/Wilson would produce more than Deebo alone.

Of course, we know they're not remotely equal situations, the 49's are materially better than us on Offense and (till proven otherwise) at QB, and so Deebo likely produces more as a 49'er than Moore/Wilson will produce as Jets.

Conversely, Moore/Wilson would produce more as 49's than Deebo would produce as a Jet.

And Moore/Wilson are cheap, Deebo is exceptionally expensive if we acquire him, which should also be considered.

Personally, I think Moore has a ton of potential, as does Wilson.  If Moore/Wilson has the potential to be Hill/McLaurin, I'm not trading them for Deeboohoo Samuel and his desire for reduced work at higher pay.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think he was saying that Moore PLUS Wilson is better than Deebo alone - i.e. we shouldn't give up the #10 pick (Wilson) PLUS Moore, and only get Deebo in return.

Just now, Warfish said:

No, I think exactly what I said:

In equal situations, I think Moore/Wilson would produce more than Deebo alone.

Of course, we know they're not remotely equal situations, the 49's are materially better than us on Offense, and so Deebo likely produces more as a 49'er than Moore/Wilson will produce as Jets.

Conversely, Moore/Wilson would produce more as 49's than Deebo would produce as a Jet.

And Moore/Wilson are cheap, Deebo is exceptionally expensive is we acquire him, which should also be considered.

The problem here is that Moore isn't going anywhere. If we trade for Deebo, the comparison will be:

Moore + Deebo vs. WR at 10 + Moore 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The problem here is that Moore isn't going anywhere. If we trade for Deebo, the comparison will be:

Moore + Deebo vs. WR at 10 + Moore 

You have no idea what the possible trade is or isn't.  Neither do I.  Only JD does (and the 9'ers).

Presuming Moore is off the table is silly, we simply do not know that.

Like I joked much earlier, some folks are going to be super unhappy about this trade, first if it doesn't happen, and second in the future, if it does happen and Deboo almost assuredly materially underperforms his Jets contract and trade costs. 

Same old Jets (and Jets Fans) in action on this one, blinded by a "big name". :rolleyes: