The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

It's always funny in these situations.  49ers fans have convinced themselves that the Jets have offered 10, 38, 69, Elijah Moore and 1-2 more Day 3 picks for Deebo.  They are actively debating if it's worth taking that deal.

On our side, and with actual evidence supporting it, we believe JD would have offered something akin to the Tyreek offer.  I can't imagine any scenario where Moore would be part of the deal, and don't even think the picks would be near what was bandied about over on their forums.  

My most likely guess - deal doesn't happen.  Deebo grumbles but eventually they work it out and he plays 90% of his snaps as a WR.  It makes sense since he really was only pulled into RB duties after they had injuries to contend with.

Small chance there is a trade.  It would likely be something like 10 + 69 or 35 + 38 + 111, maybe with a low pick back.

Honestly, I'd love Deebo and I think 10 + 111 for Deebo would be an easy deal to pull the trigger on.  Much beyond that, I'd rather draft London (or Wilson or Williams) and keep the other picks and run with that.  I absolutely would not consider that outcome a failure on JDs part under the circumstances of what SF may be looking for in return.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Elijah Moore is a smaller version of Deebo Samuel. We already have tiny Berrios. If we kept #10 would it be that terrible to mix in a bigger receiver like let's say for example Drake London? Jets could have the Killer D's: Deebo, Drake, and Davis. 

I mean, sure, if Drake London pans out, but that's not a guarantee, nor would any WR we pick at #10. I think at this point Moore is a better certainty, and the goal this season is to surround Zach with weapons. Bird in the hand, ya know?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You have no idea what the possible trade is or isn't.  Neither do I.  Only JD does (and the 9'ers).

Presuming Moore is off the table is silly, we simply do not know that.

If you're interested in a personal bet for some fun. PM me. 

Moore isn't going anywhere. 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

How are the 49ers going back to the playoffs if they move Deebo?  The only draft pick they will have to pick a WR is whatever the Jets give them.  That is why Elijah Moore could make some sense for the 49ers-a cheap weapon.  

If the Jets send 10 to the 49ers for Deebo, then that basically implies that the 49ers are going to use 10 to replace Deebo.  If 10 could replace Deebo, why don’t the Jets use 10 to draft their own, cheaper Deebo?   This is why this situation does not make sense to me.  Trading with Seahawks makes sense because they are toast/rebuilding, although they won’t admit it.  The 49ers are a contending team.   If they think that they can replace Deebo with 10 but JD does not think he can draft another Deebo at 10, there is a disconnection somewhere.

The 49ers want to keep him - Just not for the money Deebo is demanding. They have a lot of money invested in other positions and I'm pretty sure for this season they have among the lowest cap space in the league. It also seems that something has been indicated to Deebo that has made the relationship almost irreparable, whether he was insulted by their offer or something else. 

The Jets traded Revis for a 1st rounder and then used a 1st rounder on Dee Milliner. I don't think that was because we expected Milliner to be better. That's not how any of this works. Your logic is flawed. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

Look at his injuries in college as well and not just in the nfl. 

Who cares?  He’s not in college.  I was talking about his NFL career.  
I said I don’t want to overpay.  His production and time on the field is there.  I have no idea what you’re trying to convince us of

Just now, slimjasi said:

If you're interested in a personal bet for some fun. PM me. 

Moore isn't going anywhere. 

Lol, love ya slim, but I don't gamble.  Especially when it comes to the Jets!

I hope Moore isn't going anywhere either, but I'll be honest, at no point have I believed JD would consummate a trade for Samuel.

I won't believe this will happen till 10 minutes AFTER it's happened, lol.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, I think exactly what I said:

Elijah Moore + Garret Wilson > Deeboo Samuel for OUR team, today.

In equal situations, I think Moore/Wilson would produce more than Deebo alone.

Of course, we know they're not remotely equal situations, the 49's are materially better than us on Offense and (till proven otherwise) at QB, and so Deebo likely produces more as a 49'er than Moore/Wilson will produce as Jets.

Conversely, Moore/Wilson would produce more as 49's than Deebo would produce as a Jet.

And Moore/Wilson are cheap, Deebo is exceptionally expensive if we acquire him, which should also be considered.

Personally, I think Moore has a ton of potential, as does Wilson.  If Moore/Wilson has the potential to be Hill/McLaurin, I'm not trading them for Deeboohoo Samuel and his desire for reduced work at higher pay.

We are not trading Elijah Moore, lol.

Just now, Warfish said:

I hope Moore isn't going anywhere either, but I'll be honest, at no point have I believed JD would consummate a trade for Samuel.

Here, we agree. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Samuel will want to come here and it seems like the 49ers really don't want to trade him. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You have no idea what the possible trade is or isn't.  Neither do I.  Only JD does (and the 9'ers).

Presuming Moore is off the table is silly, we simply do not know that.

Like I joked much earlier, some folks are going to be super unhappy about this trade, first if it doesn't happen, and second in the future, if it does happen and Deboo almost assuredly materially underperforms his Jets contract and trade costs. 

Same old Jets (and Jets Fans) in action on this one, blinded by a "big name". :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

22 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, sure, if Drake London pans out, but that's not a guarantee, nor would any WR we pick at #10. I think at this point Moore is a better certainty, and the goal this season is to surround Zach with weapons. Bird in the hand, ya know?

There's as much chance Drake London is Mike Williams as there is him being Brandon Marshall in the NFL. 

And I'm not talking about the San Diego Charger.

Those speaking of London with any sort of confidence, certainly as it compares to Deebo Samuel are smoking that good sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  And those weapons were cooper kupp, jamar chase, tee higgins, Joe Mixon, Cam Akers, Tyler Boyd, CJ uzomah, Tyler Higbee, van jeffereson etc.

All drafted by their teams.

None of those "weaponz" were acquired by trading valuable picks and then making them the highest paid non-qb in the league.

Kupp needed his team to spend a fortune in draft picks to pick up players that helped him get a ring. Not getting your point here

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, I think exactly what I said:

Elijah Moore + Garret Wilson > Deeboo Samuel for OUR team, today.

In equal situations, I think Moore/Wilson would produce more than Deebo alone.

Of course, we know they're not remotely equal situations, the 49's are materially better than us on Offense and (till proven otherwise) at QB, and so Deebo likely produces more as a 49'er than Moore/Wilson will produce as Jets.

Conversely, Moore/Wilson would produce more as 49's than Deebo would produce as a Jet.

And Moore/Wilson are cheap, Deebo is exceptionally expensive if we acquire him, which should also be considered.

Personally, I think Moore has a ton of potential, as does Wilson.  If Moore/Wilson has the potential to be Hill/McLaurin, I'm not trading them for Deeboohoo Samuel and his desire for reduced work at higher pay.

Moore is not getting traded. Moore and Deebo > Moore and Garret Wilson. But I agree with you, I would not trade Moore and pick 10 that’s nuts 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is noooooooooooooooooooo chance Moore is involved in a potential trade. None. 

The idea was circulated by 49ers fans and hacks. No one reputable has mentioned it or entertained the notion. 

The Jets see Moore as their best draft pick in years. He's viewed as a future pro-bowler. Trading him would defeat the purpose of bringing Deebo in. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The idea that Elijah Moore would be involved in any prospective trade is baffling to me. He's a major asset and losing him weakens the WR room a lot when the purpose of the trade is obviously to strengthen/bolster the WR room.

He's not. It makes zero sense for the Jets to make a trade for a WR that includes giving up Moore and it's total nonsense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares?  He’s not in college.  I was talking about his NFL career.  
I said I don’t want to overpay.  His production and time on the field is there.  I have no idea what you’re trying to convince us of

The fact that a first round pick and 25 million a year is a huge risk.  If is happens then I pray in the end it will be worth it but there is no denying he has injury issues and anyone not saying he has only had one great year is trying to push incorrect facts.  Last year was a great great year.  He was hurt his second year and he had a pretty good rookie season.  Tyreek Hill had multiple all pro seasons so I would have felt more comfortable trading for him. 

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Moore is not getting traded. Moore and Deebo > Moore and Garret Wilson. But I agree with you, I would not trade Moore and pick 10 that’s nuts 

Again, unpopular tho it is, I'm not interested in trading for Deebo.  He's not a panacea, and on our team, as it exists today, he'll underperform.  He'll be disgruntled here quickly.  It's a bad idea.

Better to keep "doing it the right way", which i though JD and everyone here was ok with, and build from the draft. 

Not to overpay for "names".

We need more than 1 RB/WR hybrid.  We have a ton of needs.  We need to fill as many as possible with the great draft assets we have.

Filling just one WR spot, with a hybrid who'll be pissed off the first time Zach underthrows him, and will bitch and whine in the NY media while getting a bajillion dollars a year, that seems like a traditional Dan Snyder/Redskins type move.

No thanks.  I like Moore.  I like Berrios.  I will (I hope) like G. Wilson (or whomever we draft at WR).  And I'll like keeping all our picks to fill OTHER needs, because man do we have alot of needs right now, homer optimism nonwithdtanding.

Just now, DonCorleone said:

Oh man, I hope NOT!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jets offered 10th, 35th, 99th, 2023 2nd and Elijah Moore...49ers waiting</p>&mdash; Vincent Frank (@VincentFrankNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/VincentFrankNFL/status/1519291033032355840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

The fact that a first round pick and 25 million a year is a huge risk.  If is happens then I pray in the end it will be worth it but there is no denying he has injury issues and anyone not saying he has only had one great year is trying to push incorrect facts.  Last year was a great great year.  He was hurt his second year and he had a pretty good rookie season.  Tyreek Hill had multiple all pro seasons so I would have felt more comfortable trading for him. 

On the other side of that risk is the risk of not having good enough players to field a competitive team. You know, like the last 10 years.

Taking a WR at 10 has risk too. They can get injured too. They can bust. They can take 3 years before they do anything significant at which point we may be onto a different coaching staff with a different offensive scheme that WR doesn't fit in.

Deebo is a proven commodity. The top of this years WR class is meh. If you can get Deebo for 10 and some precious cap space it's an easy decision IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1