The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd be ecstatic with either to immediately improve our WR corps and not hope some drafted guy just immediately fits in. Love the fact that DK is just a giant beast who has never missed a game.

Bingo.

We need guys to play all 17. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As usual, there is a huge gap between realizing that Moore is a really good young player on a rookie deal and your typical "OMG why do you guys think he is Jerry Rice" nonsense. 

The shtick is pretty stale. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

That's an even bigger concern with Samuel.

The point remains that Hughes or anyone else wasn't needed to refute this. It was never happening.

The only scenario where a team trades a guy like Moore, who everyone knows we're high on internally, is if a Joe Burrow type QB is available and you need to package a deal. He's pretty much untradeable for now. 

Definitely a concern. I’m concerned about why he actually wants to leave SF as well. The Jets are coming off as desperate, which never bodes well in trade scenarios. You just hope Douglas doesn’t overcompensate for the 2020 disaster by bringing in a guy who’s just concerned about getting paid. On the flip side Moore living in the trainers room his rookie year is a major concern too.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Moore is staying. 100%. No scenario involves him leaving.

If Deebo Samuel joins our WR room it goes from mediocre to great. Davis goes from being a bad #1 to a very good #2, and so one. Our first four guys would all be on the high end of their respective roles and get better matchups all over the field. That is what a bonafide #1 WR will bring. Deebo is the best player in the league with the ball in his hands, to say he demands attention is an understatement. Having a guy like that makes everything easier for everyone. 

Next year should be make or break for Zach. If we get Deebo then there's no excuse for this not to be a good offence. If it isn't we don't f*ck around like we did with Darnold - We go again at QB. Not have another civil war between our fans over whether or not he had the "weaponz" - If Deebo comes in then the Jets have the pieces around the QB, probably the best pieces around a QB since 2009. 

Agree. Trading Moore defeats the purpose and makes no sense. The goal is to make the receiving group as a whole stronger. That would be a lateral move.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I’ve read all 61 pages what a waste

It’s what we do here though. We opine, we laugh, we fight… in the end though we’re all hoping for the same thing, the Jets to start winning.

We’re a bunch of diehards who like to throw in our two cents about everything.

Even though we rarely know what’s really going on behind the scenes, we like to act like we know better than those who do.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is the thing I don't get.  What have the Jets done to come off as desperate?  They made a legitimate offer for Hill.  Miami effectively matched it.  Nobody is claiming Miami overpaid.  

Beyond that, there are rumors the Jets expressed interest in other WRs but no deal has been made.  If they were desperate, there would probably be a deal already.

Lot of people have a thorn in their butts about JD here, but honestly, he has never 'overpaid' in a trade that I can recall.  In fact, it usually goes the other way, if anything.  We've seen him get draft value out of literal stones.  So maybe a little faith that if a deal is made here, it's not going to be a disaster for the Jets is warranted?

Maybe desperate is the wrong word but I think it’s obvious the Jets are at least willing to trade for the big named WR’s who could be available. Teams are obviously going to see what they can get back, including Moore. The Adams trade skewed some things imo. 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

This is the thing I don't get.  What have the Jets done to come off as desperate?  They made a legitimate offer for Hill.  Miami effectively matched it.  Nobody is claiming Miami overpaid.  

Beyond that, there are rumors the Jets expressed interest in other WRs but no deal has been made.  If they were desperate, there would probably be a deal already.

Lot of people have a thorn in their butts about JD here, but honestly, he has never 'overpaid' in a trade that I can recall.  In fact, it usually goes the other way, if anything.  We've seen him get draft value out of literal stones.  So maybe a little faith that if a deal is made here, it's not going to be a disaster for the Jets is warranted?

^this

While you can question JD's draft history, I don't think you can seriously question his trade history. He has a knack for getting good value, and when he doesn't, he's really not giving up a lot. I trust that, should this deal get done, it'll be good value and he won't get "fleeced", and if it doesn't get done, I'll trust that it was because he would've had to give up too much to do it.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s what we do here though.

We’re a bunch of diehards who like to throw in our two cents about everything.

Even though we rarely know what’s really going on behind the scenes, we like to act like we know better than those who do.

FRKJxPEXIAEsSUs.jpeg.jpg.59496fdf1d8e2adaa96cb5bc3ad9edd6.jpg

He's gonna be a Jet. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1