The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Any word on where they’re at? What are the chances Deebo is a Jet

My gut says he won’t be, although I would love to be wrong.  I get the sense, based on what I have heard, is that the Jets are telling SF that they would want to wait to see who falls to 10 before they consider trading the pick because, ideally, they would just give the Tyreek package up for him.  SF, on the other hand, does not want anything less than a 1st.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

My gut says he won’t be, although I would love to be wrong.  I get the sense that the Jets are telling SF that they would want to wait to see who falls to 10 before they consider trading the pick because, ideally, they would just give the Tyreek package up for him.  SF, on the other hand, does not want anything less than a 1st.

What do you think would get it done?

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He is right but they have to reconcile the situation with him first. 

He is indeed their best offensive player and he's making less than a quarter of what he's worth, playing an incredibly strenuous role in the team and can walk away in 12 months. 

If they're not going to pay him then they're likely not gonna get a better off than whatever package Douglas can muster in the next 24 hours. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My gut says he won’t be, although I would love to be wrong.  I get the sense,  based on what I have heard, is that the Jets are telling SF that they would want to wait to see who falls to 10 before they consider trading the pick because, ideally, they would just give the Tyreek package up for him.  SF, on the other hand, does not want anything less than a 1st.

If anything I would assume it's the other way round - San Francisco may want to wait and see who's there at #10.

Deebo is definitely worth more than Hill IMO. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My gut says he won’t be, although I would love to be wrong.  I get the sense, based on what I have heard, is that the Jets are telling SF that they would want to wait to see who falls to 10 before they consider trading the pick because, ideally, they would just give the Tyreek package up for him.  SF, on the other hand, does not want anything less than a 1st.

Interesting. So you think it comes down to a draft day trade possibly?

My gut reaction was "what SB window?".  But the NFC really is wide open now.  Rams, Packers, Bucs.  Maybe Cowboys.  That's pretty much the list of legitimate challengers so the 49ers could catch lightning and make a run if Lance picks it up this year.  Can't blame them for going for it.

6 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Interesting. So you think it comes down to a draft day trade possibly?

I think it could, yes.  I think the closer the Jets get to making that pick at 10, the less likely he gets dealt here because Joe is not the type who is going to be fleeced, even if some think that he should make an exception and overpay slightly for someone like Deebo.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Damn! Fingers crossed it happens. For a 1 and 3, I think it's acceptable for Deebo

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yessssssss!

Now we can get the WR with one knee or the WR with one ankle ?

sounds like a fun season coming 

Or Garrett Wilson.  Or trade back and take Dotson.

The possibilities are endless but this draft is loaded at receiver and trading for one would be the dumbest move you could make.

22 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Welp that tells me this will be decided when the Jets are on the clock. So aggravating. Nothing comes easy for us.

This is a terrible idea. At that point Deebo has full leverage and jets will need to pay him whatever he asks. Cant reneg the deal after the draft...

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Or Garrett Wilson.  Or trade back and take Dotson.

The possibilities are endless but this draft is loaded at receiver and trading for one would be the dumbest move you could make.

If we lose out on Deebo, Wilson would be a great consolation prize. I just have my doubts that he will be available at 10. 

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think it could, yes.  I think the closer the Jets get to making that pick at 10, the less likely he gets dealt here because Joe is not the type who is going to be fleeced, even if some think that he should make an exception and overpay slightly for someone like Deebo.

Interesting to hear that Mogz.  I would have thought that it was SF who was going to wait to see who is available at 10 before THEY pulled the trigger, but it's good to hear it might be the Jets waiting to see who is at 10.

Where does the contract negotiation come into all this?  I assume teams are already working with Deebo's on an extension because that should happen before the actual trade otherwise you end up in a Seattle Jamal Adams situation where you have to overpay so you don't lose what you traded for just a year ago. 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Or this is just JD putting out a massive F U smoke screen to John Lynch. Douglas playing the game the right way, he’s not going to be taken advantage of

Definitely possible which is still good. Joe has his offer and isn’t budging. Take it or leave it. SF is in the bad situation here. Not us. 

• Upvote 2