The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I mean he fits the system perfectly. Would instantly be our best weapon in ages. 49ers have very little draft capital especially early on. Jets could offer something similar to what they offered for Hill. 

It won’t be the same trade because the 49ers don’t have to move him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maynard13 said:

What a terrible motivational attitude to have. ?

I'm definitely not holding it against him.

It's a positive for the Jets, means he'd likely accept playing with Wilson, which a more success obsessed player may not. 

We should be all over this. He gets separation and is the best YAC WR in the NFL. He was always grading out well analytically even before the breakout year. He's a can't miss player unless he really does just phone it in once paid and there's no reason to think he would. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Aussie Jet said:

He's trying to get the hell away from Trey Lance. I suppose if he is traded he won't have a say in where he will go, but I wonder if he would welcome a move to play with another underwhelming former roomie quarterback.

He will have a say.  No one is trading multiple pick/players for him without him first agreeing to an extension. He controls whether or not he signs that extension therefore he controls where he get traded. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets fans are funny man. We’re absolutely desperate for a WR, and supposedly one of the best in the league becomes available. But Jets fans are like “hard pass!”. Lmao we haven’t had a guy as talented as Deebo on this team ever!!

There's stupid people in every fan base. The majority of the fans with a brain obviously want the Jets to make this trade