The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And another nobody drops a baseless rumor to get clicks.  Only in this case, he's going for the angry 49ers fan clicks.   I would love that trade.  49ers fans would burn the stadium down.  They have convinced themselves 10, 35, 69 and Elijah Moore isn't enough.  

This TruJetsFan guy has some credibility - can't speak for the niners guy.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And another nobody drops a baseless rumor to get clicks.  Only in this case, he's going for the angry 49ers fan clicks.   I would love that trade.  49ers fans would burn the stadium down.  They have convinced themselves 10, 35, 69 and Elijah Moore isn't enough.  

You forgot a 2023 1st round pick too.

5 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

And they conveniently give themselves an out with "If the player the 49'ers want is there". 

Sniff sniff. Smells like bullsh*t. 

LMAOOOOO

but at least his trade seems somewhat realistic compared to the ones from yesterday, so he has that going for him ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

A trade that I would support 100%

Hill trade was 1130 on the trade chart, this proposal is 1172. Given the trades he’s had agreed to, wouldn’t be a big surprise if this is what Douglas has on the table.

Also get why SF wouldn’t be that excited about this.

Still don’t get how it happens on the clock unless they’ve negotiated the deal with him already, and the physical would be a factor too.

8 minutes ago, derp said:

Hill trade was 1130 on the trade chart, this proposal is 1172. Given the trades he’s had agreed to, wouldn’t be a big surprise if this is what Douglas has on the table.

Still don’t get how it happens on the clock unless they’ve negotiated the deal with him already, and the physical would be a factor too.

So what happens if the Jets and 49ers strike a deal tonight Deebo for 10, or whatever it ends up being then he fails physical?  Jets totally screwed in that scenario.

4 hours ago, derp said:

I don’t think he’s sub 4.6, agree that’s not his game, and said that doesn’t prevent him from being a good player in my other posts.

Higgins got downfield in college and the pros in a way I don’t see from London in college.

I don’t think you know what you’re getting day one, he’s so new to the sport and that contested skill set doesn’t always translate the same

Also Wilson was such a downfield guy in college and got drafted early for the big arm. I don’t entirely get taking a guy who can’t factor in there at all.

Drake londons physical advantage is still going to exist in the NFL. He's always going to be able to body out smaller DBs. And they're all smaller 

Wilson has deep ball threats in Moore and the others. He lacks the guy who will always win in 3rd and 4

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

So what happens if the Jets and 49ers strike a deal tonight Deebo for 10, or whatever it ends up being then he fails physical?  Jets totally screwed in that scenario.

The Jets butchers I mean doctors have never failed a physical 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Wouldn’t we end up with the rights to whoever they chose at 10? And if that’s the case, I’m pretty ok with trusting their scouting department lol

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

There would have to be agreed future compensation on if he failed a physical. If he fails, we get your next years 1st. Or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

There would have to be agreed future compensation on if he failed a physical. If he fails, we get your next years 1st. Or something like that. 

No way that can be. Next years first from the 49ers is not compensation enough. The trade makes no sense. I´ḿ curious as to what player has been traded during the draft for a pick during the draft in recent times. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I assume a physical could have happened in advance of the draft by an independent physician if the plan was to make a trade on the clock.

33 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

Agreed, accurately laid out a timeline a week before news broke

?. His tweets have been spot on so far. He even told us when the rumors would break nationally. ?. Only thing missing is the trade actually happening. Which matters of course.

Plus he has been hanging on his own. All the suppose insiders are saying no trade. So if this goes down, he’ll get a lot of grace going forward.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

LOL. There is NO WAY the Niners are waiting to see if Kyle Hamilton is available before trading Deebo lol. Absolutely not. Get outta here with this nonsense. 

They traded 3 firsts for trey Lance. A guy with a handful of starts not at the D1 level of competition. Now they worried about trading Jimmy and if Lance is ready.

Anything is possible.

32 minutes ago, derp said:

That’s the big one with me. I’d think they’d have to have a contract with Deebo in place before agreeing to a trade. No one wants to play for this team. I wouldn’t take him at his word that he’ll sign, I want that contract written in stone, first. Otherwise the Jets are looking at one or two franchise tags. Or maybe hoping they devalue Deebo like they do every offensive free agent they sign? 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Drake londons physical advantage is still going to exist in the NFL. He's always going to be able to body out smaller DBs. And they're all smaller 

Wilson has deep ball threats in Moore and the others. He lacks the guy who will always win in 3rd and 4

Yes, every big WR who has been able to out body smaller DB's in college has had that skill translate to the NFL. Come on, bit.

Moore isn't really a deep ball threat either. Nice YAC, but he's not especially physical or vertically explosive. Didn't do much in the deep game last year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

That’s the big one with me. I’d think they’d have to have a contract with Deebo in place before agreeing to a trade. No one wants to play for this team. I wouldn’t take him at his word that he’ll sign, I want that contract written in stone, first. Otherwise the Jets are looking at one or two franchise tags. Or maybe hoping they devalue Deebo like they do every offensive free agent they sign? 

They have to have an agreement in place in order to make the trade. No other way.

So for the lols, a semi-ideal draft IF we do in fact trade #10 for Deebo and #93.

Prefer RB Breece Hall to RB Walker at #51 if posssible (wasn't in this mock), and probably not a RB with that last pick too (maybe a depth Center?)

1. Explosive Offensive Weapon (we'd hope) - acquired

2. Defense Rebuild at All Levels - done (Edge, D-Line, LB and CB should all be productive day-1 starters for this Jets Defense).

3. Top-End RB to pair with Carter in a 1-2 punch backfield - done

4. Depth TE to develop that has a huge upside/ceiling, at a low-risk cost - done (TE Ruckert maybe in that spot too)

5. Tackle Depth acquired in case Becton poops the bed - done.

I'll be honest, if this could be done, I feel like I'd be pretty happy about it, Deebo and all.

image.thumb.png.310388cb5710c56fe95606b5a0e257f7.png

i would be fine with that proposed/rumored trade.  seems fair value.

jets would wind up with the #4 pick (or trade down for more draft capital), deebo, and two 2nds, 3rds and 4ths.

of course the whole it's contingent on hamilton or one of the CBs being available seems counter to the narrative of the niners don't value CBs we've seen on this board when discussing sauce...

36 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

We’d essentially need to negotiate a refund. ? This would be an awful scenario.

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

They have to have an agreement in place in order to make the trade. No other way.

I don’t disagree, but props to them if they’ve had contract negotiations with Deebo and managed to keep it quiet to this point. Also, if SF decides their player is not there at #10 and punts on the trade, do they match the deal the Jets offered? I don’t know, seems messy, especially from the 49ers side. 

Tru has been reliable but I'm still not gonna put much into that rumor.

However the trade of #10 for Deebo and #93 sounds excellent.

Also Tru just tweeted the Jets got a call from the Seahawks. Can't link right now but should still be there. 

• Sympathy 2