The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not anti-Drake-London, but you have to acknowledge that his speed is going to be a limiting factor in how he’s deployed. I’d imagine they’ll use him in the passing game like the Niners use Kittle, even though Kittle is considerably faster. I listened to Dominique Foxworth breaking him down, and he made the same observation that I did a few weeks ago: Drake London isn’t even open in his highlight reels. 

Best case scenario with London is that he is Marques Colton-like, a big target with not a lot of speed and a terrific possession receiver.  Is that the type of receiver for  a SF/WCO offense ?  Worst case scenario is that he is Laquan Treadwell - a big, slow target who can't get open in the NFL.  I'm skeptical that he is the right choice for this offense.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

Wouldn't this also mean he has more athletic upside since he hasn't fully trained for football specific explosiveness. He's only 20 and is now fully committed to one sport.

Yup, but this started before last season and you didn’t really see an impact on his tools. That is his best case and something that teams who better understand physical development, training, etc are better served to figure out than me. But yeah, that’s best case for him.

• Upvote 1

Deebo bros I think I have the most positive news of the day, this twit :

blocked me yesterday and was very confident “Jets won’t get Deebo” “Jets suck” “Rumor around the league joe douglas can’t close” now even this turd is sweating 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

come on JD close this deal out 👏

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

imagine keeping all our picks this year and just giving them a 1 next year!

Wouldn't like that in all honesty.

Until we break our tradition of picking top 10 every year, assume that pick has a great chance of being top 10. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Until we break our tradition of picking top 10 every year, assume that pick has a great chance of being top 10. 

You wouldn’t rather give up the 32nd pick? I dunno, man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

The pick this year is top 10, I’d take my chances 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

If we're willing to give up #10 this year, why the heck not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

The pick this year is top 10, I’d take my chances 

However this year we have a bunch of picks as a cushion, and the 10 isn't a sexy pick right now. 

Having no firsts next year with a team that is still presumably on the up would be bad. Especially when next year is projected to be QB heavy, so the best chance for a good trade down. 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I would LOVE THIS. We could completely rebuild our D and solidify our OL in this draft if we are giving up a 1st next year.

I highly doubt this though....why would San Fran agree to this?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Deebo pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

Bueller....Bueller....

6 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

I’m trying to recall a potential trade that had this much smoke gathering from it. You gotta think there is massive motivation from both sides to get a trade done at this point. 

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

the Jets have the leverage here... they don't need to be desperate.  If the Niners don't move him, they have a holdout situation on their hand.  We hired Joe for these situations.  Desperation by selling his draft capital too much will reek of owner intervention, as it is totally counter to his MO since he has been hired.  Make the Niners sweat Joe... don't bid against yourself. 

this is exactly true, remember Macc bidding against Macc for moseley? Thank God Joe is here, yet again he will stick to his price and offer fair value, if it happens I bet it will be 10 only. And probably only if some player SF wants is at 10. But I can understand the argument of just get it done, but those days are gone and a much better GM is in place that can get it done. Days of us getting screwed are over. 

It will take a season or two more but the SOJ days are done and have been since Joe got here. All his moves, have always been based on his philosophy from Baltimore and his travels, he has remarkably stayed true to this throughout his tenure. its actually amazing considering all the pressure of expectation and injuries we have suffered. But tonight I really do think it will be a statement draft people will remember. Deeboo or not I think we are going to be very happy at the end of the day. 

7 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Colin Cowherd might be the most punchable human being on Earth.  As soon as I hear/see him I just want to attack him.

He and Baker Mayfield have had a huge beef for four years. They were meant for each other. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If Deebo is not a Jet by Sunday at this point it'll be a massive letdown. How many freaking people are going to talk about this trade being ready to go? Just pull the damn trigger

By end of day Sunday, I will have already been basking in glory for 3 days that we didnt get Deebo and have the next superstar wr Jameson Williams on this team.

Massive letdown????????????????/  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Drake londons physical advantage is still going to exist in the NFL. He's always going to be able to body out smaller DBs. And they're all smaller 

Wilson has deep ball threats in Moore and the others. He lacks the guy who will always win in 3rd and 4

Mostly agree, in that such a WR is an obvious asset, but Wilson lacks that only insofar as you're just talking about WRs.

In addition to their WRs, on 3rd & 4 they also have a couple TEs now who, while they won't exactly make anyone forget Tony Gonzalez, can certainly catch a football for a 4 yard gain.

Uzomah had almost an 80% catch rate last year and Conklin 70% and at 7-8 yards/target each, on 150 targets between them. Uzomah's 6'6" and Conklin 6'3" and I really think too many fans see too many players (like these two) as being either special & elite or they're nearly-useless. 

Truth is so can Berrios; I think I read some time ago he had like the 2nd or 3rd highest yards of separation per catch league-wide last year.

Upgrading at WR is clearly on the team's agenda, but the cupboard isn't otherwise bare. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

By end of day Sunday, I will have already been basking in glory for 3 days that we didnt get Deebo and have the next superstar wr Jameson Williams on this team.

Massive letdown????????????????/  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

drunk hip hop GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

And knowing Joe, he would trade back at some point in this draft to recoup capital for next year. 

56 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Best case scenario with London is that he is Marques Colton-like, a big target with not a lot of speed and a terrific possession receiver.  Is that the type of receiver for  a SF/WCO offense ?  Worst case scenario is that he is Laquan Treadwell - a big, slow target who can't get open in the NFL.  I'm skeptical that he is the right choice for this offense.  

You could have said the same thing about the 4.53 running, separation-challenged, Mike Evans.

I am all for WRs that create separation, but not all great WRs are great because of their ability to create separation.  That is especially true for guys that are 6'5.

9 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Colin Cowherd might be the most punchable human being on Earth.  As soon as I hear/see him I just want to attack him.

I didn’t like the Robert salah hire because the bills have Sean McDermott and the pats have belichick … 🤔

so should they have just not even hired a coach ???

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

the Jets have the leverage here... they don't need to be desperate.  If the Niners don't move him, they have a holdout situation on their hand.  We hired Joe for these situations.  Desperation by selling his draft capital too much will reek of owner intervention, as it is totally counter to his MO since he has been hired.  Make the Niners sweat Joe... don't bid against yourself. 

Yeah 49ers have the headache right now. We’re the Tylenol.

• Upvote 1