Jets 1st Round

WhartonJet

Interested to get the board’s take on this:

1) Name 1 player that is your “must have” in the 1st round for the Jets.  Who do you absolutely want them to walk away with?

2) Name 1 player you absolutely want the Jets to stay away from in Round 1.

For me, I’d love to find a way to add Jameson Williams and I want NO PART of Travon Walker - I hate that he had no sack production and don’t see that changing at the next level.

• Like 1

Not the first round, but I absolutely want to see them draft Kenneth Walker or Breece Hall, because the only chance they have to being remotely competitive this year is if they can kill people on the ground, which will help hide how bad Zach and Saleh suck. 

I do not want to draft Thibodeaux. He won’t be in that building ten minutes before he realizes that everyone in it is a weak fish with no balls.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1. Sauce at 10 is the dream

2. Derek Stingley

IMO I would not draft a WR at 4 and 10 just because. The strength up top is defense and the Jets lost a lot of games because of their league worst defense. Pair a highly touted pass rusher and corner with our free agent signings and this defense will be much much better in a hurry.

Package both 2s to move back into the first for a WR.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

1) Jermaine Johnson - seems to be a complete player with a good motor and the production last season to match

2) Ahmad Gardner - probably going to be a great player and would help solidify the backfield, but I'm ready to shank the next full grown man who refers to him as 'Sauce'.  If he didn't have the nickname, half of this board would have no clue who he was.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

1. any WR

2. any OL

WR is a huge priority and as of yesterday JD shows us he knows it.

OL was a stupid pick before we signed Lakin, now its a fire able offense to do it. way too many holes to waste it on the best position group on the team

40 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

1) Name 1 player that is your “must have” in the 1st round for the Jets.  Who do you absolutely want them to walk away with?

For me, I’d love to find a way to add Jameson Williams and I want NO PART of Travon Walker - I hate that he had no sack production and don’t see that changing at the next level.

1 - Any WR honestly.  (If Jameson Williams is sliding in the 1st, trade back into the late 1st to add him)

2 - Kyle Hamilton

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

the only chance they have to being remotely competitive this year is if they can kill people on the ground

Agree with this.  The other piece is that we have to be able to stop someone.  I think we were 3-2 last year when we held opponents to 24 or less.  1-11 giving up  more than 24. With the QBs we are playing this year, we need to get after the QB, hold opponents in the 20s, run the ball, convert when we get into the end zone, and maybe we can win 24-20 type games.  This offense will not be prepared to win 41-38 shootouts.

To answer the question posed by the OP.  Sauce and an Edge in R1.  What I don't want is Hamilton. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

1) Jermaine Johnson - seems to be a complete player with a good motor and the production last season to match

2) Ahmad Gardner - probably going to be a great player and would help solidify the backfield, but I'm ready to shank the next full grown man who refers to him as 'Sauce'.  If he didn't have the nickname, half of this board would have no clue who he was.

If we "double dip" at defense in the 1st round though, aren't we going to need some dipping sauce?

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

DRAKE London - WR USC

Kanye Thibodeaux

I’d settle for Williams in a trade back to the late Teens - Early 20’s (as in the regretful life age of wasted youthful stamina/physical endurance and bad decisions, lol!) 

Id take Walker AFTER the 20th pick in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

There are a lot of players I want but I won't pretend there's anyone I "have to have" or that I'm a particularly skilled evaluator of talent.

Thibedeoux and Wilson at 4 and 10 feels like the best fit for talent and what we need most.

Like many others I think Hamilton at 4 is the "eww" scenario.

Unless we get fabulously lucky or unless Douglas can trade down we are going to be screwed.

In a normal draft year with a 4 and 10 pick this would be easy there would be lots of choices of must haves, this year I have more do nots than so wants which is a bad thing.

If Hutchinson some how falls then he is the must have for me, other than that no must haves but a lot of do not wants, especially at 4

• Upvote 1

1) Did not want to go WR in round 1 as i thought we could get a good WR in round 2, but with GB and KC now having multiple picks and in need of receivers, the options in round 2 may be much weaker than originally expected.  I also dont think Wilson makes it to the 10th pick.  So going against my better judgement i would look at Wilson at 4, and edge at 10.

2) i want nothing to do with Stingley or Kayvon 

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

1 Must have Burks 

2 Stay away from London

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1