Jets 1st Round

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

1) Jermaine Johnson - seems to be a complete player with a good motor and the production last season to match

2) Ahmad Gardner - probably going to be a great player and would help solidify the backfield, but I'm ready to shank the next full grown man who refers to him as 'Sauce'.  If he didn't have the nickname, half of this board would have no clue who he was.

Are we allowed to name him the landscaper?

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One wonders if the push for Hill puts Jameson Williams into play at ten. The PFF guys love him.

That crossed my mind yesterday as well.  I think/thought the pursuit of Hill showed JDs hand at what he wants his WR corp to look like.  And Williams is probably closest to Hill than anyone, at least of the “main” WRs in the draft.

I think if JD could trade back from 10 to the mid-high teens, Williams would definitely be in play.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

Interested to get the board’s take on this:

1) Name 1 player that is your “must have” in the 1st round for the Jets.  Who do you absolutely want them to walk away with?

2) Name 1 player you absolutely want the Jets to stay away from in Round 1.

For me, I’d love to find a way to add Jameson Williams and I want NO PART of Travon Walker - I hate that he had no sack production and don’t see that changing at the next level.

With no trade downs

#4 Karlaftis or Trevon Walker

#10 Jordan Davis

#35 Jahan Dotson

#38 Cristian Watson/George Pickens

1 - The player the Jets must draft is Jermaine Johnson from Florida State. He has it all,  game production, elite athleticism, relentless motor and he showed out as the best PLAYER at any position in the Senior Bowl. He plays the position of most need for the Jets (along with WR) and can step right in and be a major factor on defense.

2 - I really hope the Jets can trade down from 10 and go with numbers in order to find a dominant receiver.   I don't see much difference among the top rated group and really can't justify drafting any of them that high. If the Jets stay at 10 I would take Wilson but is he really that much better then his team mate Olave who you could get in the 20 -30 range?

2 hours ago, Jetpain said:

1) Did not want to go WR in round 1 as i thought we could get a good WR in round 2, but with GB and KC now having multiple picks and in need of receivers, the options in round 2 may be much weaker than originally expected.  I also dont think Wilson makes it to the 10th pick.  So going against my better judgement i would look at Wilson at 4, and edge at 10.

2) i want nothing to do with Stingley or Kayvon 

We should have no problem getting wilson at 4 and jj at 10 and thats a nice haul imo

17 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

1 - The player the Jets must draft is Jermaine Johnson from Florida State. He has it all,  game production, elite athleticism, relentless motor and he showed out as the best PLAYER at any position in the Senior Bowl. He plays the position of most need for the Jets (along with WR) and can step right in and be a major factor on defense.

2 - I really hope the Jets can trade down from 10 and go with numbers in order to find a dominant receiver.   I don't see much difference among the top rated group and really can't justify drafting any of them that high. If the Jets stay at 10 I would take Wilson but is he really that much better then his team mate Olave who you could get in the 20 -30 range?

Yes he is better

and he wont make it to 10

For us amateur scouts, this draft is tough to figure out.

This draft is where JD proves his worth.  He needs to evaluate and predict who are going to be the best football players with the Jets first round picks.  We will all be doing a re-draft-if we see players the Jets pass over be better than who JD picked, it will be curtains for JD.  

If I am JD I am picking the best football players at positions of need.  At 4, that is likely Sauce.  At 10, that is likely Garrett Wilson, Jermaine Johnson or Trayvon Walker.   Up to JD to include London or Kyle Hamilton or Karlaftis. JD needs to figure this out, but it is not about picking an EDGE at 4 or 10.  He needs to BPA at a PON.  

But I feel pretty strongly that Sauce is the pick at 4.