Jets’ hunt for elite receivers continues: Some more options

I really like Pierce in Rd. 3. Is he a "#1". No, probably not. But he'd be a nice fit. Big bodied 'X' receiver with great hands and blistering speed. He knows how to make contested catches and shows nice footwork. I love his game. There are no 'elite' WRs in this draft. But Pierce could be a gem. Get Zach another weapon and move on. We don't NEED to use a top 10 pick on a WR if we don't feel the talent is there. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I'd throw AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin into the mix as well. Both should be looking for new contracts this offseason. Maybe an opportunity there.

Hard to imagine either is made available but we're desperate (and bored).

This would be amazing.

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The Jets are so thin at WR and Garrett Wilson looks really good too.   I don’t think there is a chance Wilson is there at 10 though.  

Jameson Williams could be in play at 10.  If they don’t see an EDGE they thing will dominate at 4, I hope they take Wilson at 4.  

Then get Wilson at 4 and Johnson with the 10th or Sauce.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

It's funny how we want to draft or trade for all these guys who were hurt but with Jameson Williams it is OMG!  He was hurt, right in front of our eyes!  Avoid him!

Kyler Murray was so so to okay before they fleeced obrein for hopkins, with hopkins murray looks like an all pro franchise guy, hopkins gets hurt murray turns into a pumpkin so of course zona would want to trade hopkins.....pure lunacy

Moreover, they don't need him instantly. I mean, sure more help is more help, but they have 3 WRs and 2 TEs to start the season without him. Plus whomever else Douglas might add before the draft. They ultimately don't need someone until one of the 3 gets injured this year or, at the latest, until after the year if/when they don't want to bring back Davis. 

I admittedly know little to nothing about Williams, other than he had this great junior year and then tore his ACL in the title game. Unless they truly expect him to not be able to run & cut the same ever again, all he's missing for this draft is running some drills at the combine and/or a pro day.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Moreover, they don't need him instantly. I mean, sure more help is more help, but they have 3 WRs and 2 TEs to start the season without him. Plus whomever else Douglas might add before the draft. They ultimately don't need someone until one of the 3 gets injured this year or, at the latest, until after the year if/when they don't want to bring back Davis. 

I admittedly know little to nothing about Williams, other than he had this great junior year and then tore his ACL in the title game. Unless they truly expect him to not be able to run & cut the same ever again, all he's missing for this draft is running some drills at the combine and/or a pro day.

Injury aside Williams actually is the closest guy i saw in college to tyreek hill as far as getting the ball in his hands and then just blazing and leaving the defense in his wake.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Nope. He is not a #1.  By October Moore will be the better player. 

Lmaooo according to delusional fans Moore is clearly the BEST WR in the nfl.

Bro Moore isn’t the best WR from his draft class, there’s literally 4 WR’s I would take over Moore from his draft class and one was selected in the 4th round. 

Moore is talented but the hype and expectations many put on him here is comical tbh

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Lith said:

This would excite me.  But why would the Titans look to move him?  Last year of his contract, but they are a playoff team looking to win now.  Would love this, but I think it is a longshot.

Was listening to Movin the chains in the car, and they were talking about these mega WR deals. Kirwin was saying that he'd bet a bunch of teams are going to do what the Packers and Chiefs did and trade some of these guys because they know that the contracts will be obscene. TheChiefs just signed that Packer FA for 3yrs/$30mm. Caught 27 passes last year. I was thinking offer them Q , but then realized they have Simmons who is way better.

I’m starting to warm up to idea of drafting Wilson #4 so we don’t miss out on him. Think he will be the best wr in this class and will become a #1 wr for us. Then I’d take George Karlaftis with 10#. I’d be very happy with this.

34 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo according to delusional fans Moore is clearly the BEST WR in the nfl.

Bro Moore isn’t the best WR from his draft class, there’s literally 4 WR’s I would take over Moore from his draft class and one was selected in the 4th round. 

Moore is talented but the hype and expectations many put on him here is comical tbh

We'll see.  And people on this board have this vision of Cooper as a #1, but he never lived up to that expectation and last season put up middle of the pack #2 numbers on one of the best offenses in the NFL.  Cooper put up 68/865/8 .  If you prorate Moore's Rookie #s over the same number of games  its 64/800/8 .  Moore will only get better. Cooper is what he is.  I'll take Moore going forward.  But that's just me I guess (and the Jets).

I know you may not play fantasy football, but I do and right now in best ball drafts for 2022, Moore and Cooper are being drafted in about the same place. So a 2nd year player who missed half the season is being drafted in the same place as this so-called #1 veteran WR.  Hmmmm.  

3 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The first requisite is not to be an antagonizing wise-a$$ who promotes himself as a hairy unkempt ginger heathen bankrupt in civil etiquette. 🙂

but I think most beat writers go to Syracuse school of communications to answer your question. 

All of those student loans to say "Have you heard of Garrett Wilson? Is Julio Jones still alive?"

And my beard is glorious, well kept and fresh AF.

But seriously I love this site because if one were to rely on the NY Post, ESPN or even PFF, one would be misinformed at worst, or at best weeks behind in news/content/rumors. 

Ryan Dunleavy, if you read these boards, I'd say congratulations on getting paid for the 6 minutes it took for you to write this article. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolloffjet said:

I’m starting to warm up to idea of drafting Wilson #4 so we don’t miss out on him. Think he will be the best wr in this class and will become a #1 wr for us. Then I’d take George Karlaftis with 10#. I’d be very happy with this.

Yeah, give me a guy with speed who runs good routes 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fullblast said:

I'd throw AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin into the mix as well. Both should be looking for new contracts this offseason. Maybe an opportunity there.

Trade them Davis back, and a pick lol...

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Most have the Falcons taking wilson at 8.  So we need to either take him at 4, move up from 10 or trade back from 4 to either 6 or 7.

There are so many good receivers in this draft.  It looks like 6 or 7 are going in the 1st round.

We are lucky that it is a great year for receivers.

This is basically what I said in my thread regarding the problem with the #4 and the #10 pick. If the Jets really want Wilson, then they must pick him at #4.  If the Jets have high interest in more than one wide receiver, then they can wait until #10.

The problem as I see it, is what you point out.  And that is, if the Jets don't pick a wide receiver at 4 or 10, then they will miss out on a receiver altogether, which would be unacceptable to me.

It seems that JD would have preferred to trade for the wide receiver from Kansas City, and give up 2 #2 picks and a 3rd round pick.  In this way, they could pick other major needs at #4 and #10.  I actually respect  Joe Douglas's thinking, but the negative is the huge contract they would have had to pay if they got him.

• Like 1

There's probably not much left in his tank, but maybe sign Jones for a year and draft Williams at #10?  Use Jones in three wide formations...even if the Jets can only get about a half season from him, that might bridge the gap before Williams is ready.

Reading that the Bucs are the favorites to land Jones, though.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, fullblast said:

Yeah that ain't happening, unless he comes here in F/A in 2023.

7 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Trade for B. Cooks and draft London or Wilson

Cooks would be good but if he is going to play for every team before his retires it would have to be half a year contract.

Maybe Claypool or Dionte Johnson from Pittsburgh? Could see either being apart of a trade down with Pitt if they come up to the t10 for a QB. 

10 for 20, their 2nd and Johnson/Claypool something like that 

• Like 1

I have probs with drafting London as high as 4th like MKJ did in his mock draft. Mostly because of his ankle injury sure he has great size and production before the injury. But even though really good players have survived even worse injuries in college I just don’t go that high for this kind of injury. 

13 hours ago, fullblast said:

Yes!  I believe AJ Brown would love to play alongside college teammate Elijah Moore again and he is familiar playing opposite Corey Davis.