Tyreek never even considered the Jets

Seems likely that Hill was only going to go to Miami and the Chiefs “accepted” the relatively sh*tty Jets offer to motivate the Dolphins to pay up. Chiefs went from having minimal leverage to having plenty of leverage, thanks to the Jets. It’s gross that Douglas would even be dipping his toes into that water anyway. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Hex said:

Sounds like Hill did some talking with Miami so he wouldn't go to the Jets

Nah, it's his agent Rosenhaus.  If anything, he used the Jets to get the fins on board.  One, he's a fins fan, two, he lives down here and three, he has a local sports here in South Florida.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s what I think.

As the story goes, the Jets and Chiefs agreed on terms of a trade. In order for them to go through with it, however, the Jets needed Hill to agree to an extension.

Rosenhaus knew his client wouldn’t be happy playing here, so he went to Miami (Hill’s hometown team) and made them aware of the situation. The Fins then proposed a similar offer to the Chiefs, who then let Hill decide which team he wanted.

Why? Because once again, if he doesn’t sign a new deal nobody was giving the Chiefs all those picks.

That doesn't disprove my point that the amount the Dolphins had to give up was driven by what the Jets were willing to give. If the Jets weren't willing to make their trade there is a good chance the Fish get him for less. 

Therefore, our involvement was good for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I’m miss reading what happened.   However, if I’m not, and the Dolphins weren’t previously inloved, and Rosenhaus goes to tell the Dolphins, hey you better get involved or he’s going to the Jets, isn’t that looking out for the best interest of the Dolphins more than Hill?

Did Hill get more money?

An agents job is to create interest in a player so the player gets the most money possible.  

That includes playing teams against each other, or looking for late-in suitors who don't want their rival getting a guy.

Had nothing to do with the Dolphins per se, and everything to do with getting the most possible for Hill, both financially and client-desired.

We're got chumped, as we often do.  An agent played us (cheap Jets) to get a better deal from a better team in a better place for his clients wishes.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Did Hill get more money?

An agents job is to create interest in a player so the player gets the most money possible.  

That includes playing teams against each other, or looking for late-in suitors who don't want their rival getting a guy.

Had nothing to do with the Dolphins per se, and everything to do with getting the most possible for Hill, both financially and client-desired.

We're got chumped, as we often do.  An agent played us (cheap Jets) to get a better deal from a better team in a better place for his clients wishes.

I don’t know.  I thought I read yesterday the Jets offered more money?  Maybe that was inaccurate.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That doesn't disprove my point that the amount the Dolphins had to give up was driven by what the Jets were willing to give. If the Jets weren't willing to make their trade there is a good chance the Fish get him for less. 

Therefore, our involvement was good for the Jets. 

Your point is silly though. The Jets set the terms before Miami was even aware of a possible trade. When the player’s agent made them aware, all they had to do was match the Jets offer. They knew if they did that, Hill would play for them.

So did the Jets set the terms? Technically yes, when they were bidding against no one. So what they really did was Miami’s leg work and heavy lifting. Then after they did, Miami stole the prize.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I’m miss reading what happened.   However, if I’m not, and the Dolphins weren’t previously inloved, and Rosenhaus goes to tell the Dolphins, hey you better get involved or he’s going to the Jets, isn’t that looking out for the best interest of the Dolphins more than Hill?

Is Rosenhaus doing it for competition's sake, or because his client WANTS Miami.  If Hill wants Miami, which all evidence points to, then Rosenhaus was just doing his job.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Your point is silly though. The Jets set the terms before Miami was even aware of a possible trade. When the player’s agent made them aware, all they had to do was match the Jets offer. They knew if they did that, Hill would play for them.

So did the Jets set the terms? Technically yes, when they were bidding against no one. 

How do you know? Were you in the room where it happened?  I doubt it. How do you know there wasn't a back and forth on the contract terms or a bidding war when the Jets knew the Fish were involved?  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Metcalf gets traded, we likely are losing out on him for the same reasons. Dude wouldn't want to play for the Chiefs because it gets too cold. Adams to Vegas. Hill to Miami. There is a theme with these diva WRs. 

I'm pretty sure he's talking about leaving the door open, not the weather.

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So did the Jets set the terms? Technically yes, when they were bidding against no one. So what they really did was Miami’s leg work and heavy lifting. Then after they did, Miami stole the prize.

Or… as @T0mShane said… “they chucked us.”

I don't think you understand how negotiations work.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know.  I thought I read yesterday the Jets offered more money?  Maybe that was inaccurate.

I think when Douglas says the Jets offered “more money,” it’s just “more money” in the first two years of the deal. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

His client is from Miami and probably asked him to see if the Dolphins were interested.

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think you understand how negotiations work.

Whatever dude. Believe what you want.
The player told you what happened.
The Chiefs told you both offers were equal. They were fine with either one.
The agent told you what he did, and why.

But you know better. 

23 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I strongly believe, as someone mentioned in other thread:

JD drove up the price and NEVER would have paid that much. He just KILLED the fins cap and drafts for the foreseeable future; only exacerbated if the fins don’t produce and win with all that FA $$$ spent. Rosenhuas, like ALL OTHER PLAYER AGENTS used the Jets for more $$$. JD obliged knowing full well Hill was always going to choose Miami; like Antonio Winfield, Anthony Barr, Favre, etc: players USE THE JETS to get what they want from another team!

JD was Machiavelli’s The Prince in driving up the price 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well at least we can move on, good for JD on driving up the price for him at least 

?