Tyreek never even considered the Jets

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wish I never even considered the Jets when I was 11 years old, too.

My Dad wasn't even a big NFL guy, so I didn't have the Namath excuse either.  I'm just a loser, baby.

I picked them because I liked green when I was a little kid. 

my favorite color is red now.

whoops. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I never even got to tee up my really bad jokes!  "Anthony Barr, Antoine Winfield and Tyreek Hill walk into a bar.... 9 hours later John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan and Joe Douglas walk out.  Idzik is holding 3 unsigned contracts, Maccagnan is drunk on $1,000 bottles of Dom Perignon and Joe Douglas is completely sober but has $119 Million in a little man purse he's clutching tightly that says CAP SPACE on the outside of it."

This joke is missing some cupcakes.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wish I never even considered the Jets when I was 11 years old, too.

My Dad wasn't even a big NFL guy, so I didn't have the Namath excuse either.  I'm just a loser, baby.

Consider yourself lucky that you had a choice. Some of us mugs were born into Jets families

My old man had season tix at Shea, but got rid of them once Hess moved the team to NJ. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This situation actually makes me quite angry.  If you read between the lines, it sounds like the Jets had this all in line and Rosenhaus went running to the Dolphins to get involved.

Meh, pretty typical negotiation tactic lately.  The Jets have the most picks and tons of cap space.  So, naturally, agents are going to always use the "he could just go to the Jets" threat to up the price tag.  Agents have been using that for the last several years.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I’m miss reading what happened.   However, if I’m not, and the Dolphins weren’t previously inloved, and Rosenhaus goes to tell the Dolphins, hey you better get involved or he’s going to the Jets, isn’t that looking out for the best interest of the Dolphins more than Hill?

Not necessarily.  Hill may really not have wanted to be in NY.  He may have also thought Miami would pay more than Douglas would.  Which seems likely to me.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why, with a built-to-win-now team, did the Chiefs allow Hill to leave vs. extending him a couple of years and restructuring guys like Mahomes, Clark, Kelce, etc. to create the cap room?

This is the first year of Mahomes' extension kicking in (his rookie deal ended following the 2021 season).  I doubt he'd have been open to restructuring already.  

Kelce counts less than $9M against the cap this year.  He isn't a problem.  Ditto for Frank Clark ($13.7M).

Maybe they could have approached Chris Jones ($29.4M)?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, but one the other hand, he just forced the Fins to cough up 5 picks and hand out the largest contract for a WR in NFL history to play with a QB who cant complete a pass over 10 yards.

True, but this will be Tua's last year in Miami barring a massive leap forward by him.  It will be much easier to attract a massive QB upgrade next offseason with Hill now on the roster.

24 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Consider yourself lucky that you had a choice. Some of us mugs were born into Jets families

My old man had season tix at Shea, but got rid of them once Hess moved the team to NJ. 

I suppose, but what does it say about me that I CHOSE the New York Jets?

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

No no no I was told this was all an elaborate scheme by Douglas to drive up the price.

They assured me he would never want an overrated, over the hill, one trick wife beating pony like Hill. Poor man's Robby Anderson. 

• Upvote 2

I'm still pissed about this. I don't blame JD on this one though. Nothing could be done. 

Prob more pissed about the Jets being such an undesirable organization for players that its making it enormously difficult to bring players in at any reasonable price or even at unreasonable prices. 

Its pathetic. 

I really like the way JD is going about the team building and I can see it is very different than previous GM's - but the problem is that in the meantime, the rest of the AFC has super loaded their squads with trades for an established QB and already solid rosters. 

We don't have a solid roster whatsoever, We don't have an established QB. We have nothing but just hope that the draft picks Hit at an incredible above league average rate. Pray Zach makes a big jump in year 2 too. 

I think Joe really wanted to trade this offseason - he went fishing - caught nothin. If I could guess he's probably going to trade down and get assets for next years draft so he has ammo to try to trade for a player again - but he struck out this year...better luck next year.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I'm still pissed about this. I don't blame JD on this one though. Nothing could be done. 

Prob more pissed about the Jets being such an undesirable organization for players that its making it enormously difficult to bring players in at any reasonable price or even at unreasonable prices. 

Its pathetic. 

I really like the way JD is going about the team building and I can see it is very different than previous GM's - but the problem is that in the meantime, the rest of the AFC has super loaded their squads with trades for an established QB and already solid rosters. 

We don't have a solid roster whatsoever, We don't have an established QB. We have nothing but just hope that the draft picks Hit at an incredible above league average rate. Pray Zach makes a big jump in year 2 too. 

I think Joe really wanted to trade this offseason - he went fishing - caught nothin. If I could guess he's probably going to trade down and get assets for next years draft so he has ammo to try to trade for a player again - but he struck out this year...better luck next year.

It's the exactly situation Adams was in, he turned down more money from the Packers to play where he wanted. Jets were never going to be considered.

• Upvote 1

Counting my blessings that circumstances saved the jets from signing a POS human because i could never root for him, or take any satisfaction in the jets success if it coincided with the POS human’s success.

PS why wasn’t JD concerned that the POS human might  mistake Wilson for a child?

• Upvote 1

I saw some of the footage of Tyreek including on his flight to Miami and the guy just couldn’t get the big smile off his face. Sure why not he’s getting 30 mil per for 4 seasons and he might want to diss the Jets and he’ll probably kick our ass on the field. But don’t tell me he wouldn’t play for us he’d play for Timbuktu for that kind of money. 

On 3/24/2022 at 3:46 PM, jetstream23 said:

Joe Douglas is completely sober but has $119 Million in a little man purse he's clutching tightly that says CAP SPACE on the outside of it."

hahahaha

Truer words have never been written.

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Now imagine if any team with a great quarterback had the cap space and desire to acquire Tyreek Hill...bet you he'd be like ✌️ Miami. 

When I first heard that he was being traded, I immediately thought he was going to Buffalo.

I was relieved when he went to Miami.

On 3/24/2022 at 10:25 PM, Irish Jet said:

No no no I was told this was all an elaborate scheme by Douglas to drive up the price.

They assured me he would never want an overrated, over the hill, one trick wife beating pony like Hill. Poor man's Robby Anderson. 

I think that was just one of two idiots with that position.

I get the sense JD had this in the works for a while - which is why the cap space was there...Had the trade comp agreed by the chiefs and probably had the contract in place with Hill's agent.

And then Hill asked Chiefs/agent to reach out to Miami and see if they can match it - because he wants to live in Miami.

If Miami said no, Hill would be a Jet right now.  But Miami matched the comp and price and he's a Dolphins.

I don't buy for a second that JD was just driving up the price, completely agree with you...

and I also don't buy for a sec. that Hill was just using the Jets either.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Facts said:

When I first heard that he was being traded, I immediately thought he was going to Buffalo.

I was relieved when he went to Miami.

That's frightening to think of the Cheetah catching passes from Josh Allen. If the Bills had the cap space and the desire to sign Tyreek Hill, the Dolphins would have had zero chance to sign him. That's the difference between the Jets and the Bills. This is the state of our Jets. They are the worst team in the division.

• Upvote 1