Travon Walker - LinkedIn post

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Going to my grave with this one:

4. Travon Walker or Kyle Hamilton

10. Trevor Penning.

I honestly don't think Walker's there and I don't know what they do in that scenario. I am eventually going to post a poll asking for thoughts on who takes Fatukasi's spot, because while everyone's yelling for a pass rusher their starters on the DL right now are Lawson, Williams, JFM, ?? and the idea that JFM plays inside is absolutely fine but the whole point of the defense is to have a guy who eats up blockers at one of the DE spots and that's not Thibodeaux or Jermaine Johnson. Those guys are backups for Lawson and play third down when the eat up blocker DE kicks inside on passing downs, which I'm absolutely on board for role wise, except they just signed Jacob Martin to avoid boxing themselves into drafting that guy and haven't done anything to fill that hole. Feel like it's going to be a non pass rushing DL in the first somewhere and the board is going to explode.

That and it's going to be hilarious when they draft an Ohio State wide receiver who led his team in receiving for a season at least one year in college in the first round (hint, that description does not fit the Ohio State receiver everyone wants to draft).

I'll add that they haven't added a run stuffing defensive tackle to replace Fatukasi, talked about being willing to draft guys that are "unicorns" which we joke about all the time, San Francisco drafted defensive tackles with reckless abandon, and there's a national championship winning DT who according to RAS tested as the most athletic prospect since Calvin Johnson. If he didn't have weight issues after the Becton situation this would be the most obvious thing possible. And it's still got to be firmly on the table.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I honestly don't think Walker's there and I don't know what they do in that scenario. I am eventually going to post a poll asking for thoughts on who takes Fatukasi's spot, because while everyone's yelling for a pass rusher their starters on the DL right now are Lawson, Williams, JFM, ?? and the idea that JFM plays inside is absolutely fine but the whole point of the defense is to have a guy who eats up blockers at one of the DE spots and that's not Thibodeaux or Jermaine Johnson. Those guys are backups for Lawson and play third down when the eat up blocker DE kicks inside on passing downs, which I'm absolutely on board for role wise, except they just signed Jacob Martin to avoid boxing themselves into drafting that guy and haven't done anything to fill that hole. Feel like it's going to be a non pass rushing DL in the first somewhere and the board is going to explode.

That and it's going to be hilarious when they draft an Ohio State wide receiver who led his team in receiving for a season at least one year in college in the first round (hint, that description does not fit the Ohio State receiver everyone wants to draft).

I'll add that they haven't added a run stuffing defensive tackle to replace Fatukasi, talked about being willing to draft guys that are "unicorns" which we joke about all the time, San Francisco drafted defensive tackles with reckless abandon, and there's a national championship winning DT who according to RAS tested as the most athletic prospect since Calvin Johnson. If he didn't have weight issues after the Becton situation this would be the most obvious thing possible. And it's still got to be firmly on the table.

I would honestly take off of work for a week just to wrap myself in the absolute pleasures of listening to Jets fans lose their minds over a Jordan Davis-Chris Olave first round.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would honestly take off of work for a week just to wrap myself in the absolute pleasures of listening to Jets fans lose their minds over a Jordan Davis-Chris Olave first round.

I think Davis more likely at 10 and Olave more likely at a trade down after 10 but...Davis has a wide range. And I wanted to take a shot at Wilson because he's such a board darling, plus this wide receiver class is butt with anyone we're talking about at 10...unless London actually tests at his pro day and does anything resembling testing well and showing he's twitchy like a football player after no longer training for hoops.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, derp said:

I can dig it but there has to be a trade down in this scenario, no? 

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I can dig it but there has to be a trade down in this scenario, no? 

I don’t think they take those guys at 4 and 10 and I’m partially just being obnoxious, but I think both of those guys aren’t talked about as a part of this board’s Garrett Wilson, Drake London, Jermaine Johnson, Kayvon Thibodeaux lovefest and I could easily see a path to the Jets taking either - and don’t think the board would be happy about either.

• Upvote 1

Why can't everyone recognize that the more time we say that this WR class sucks, the higher chance there will be a generational HoF player to pop out of nowhere in said position.  So the more WR's we grab, the better chance we have of getting that next Jerry Rice or Randy Moss instead of someone else.  They just need to play as a pro to blossom.  Dare to dream.  And Edge, a bunch of them too.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Origen said:

Why can't everyone recognize that the more time we say that this WR class sucks, the higher chance there will be a generational HoF player to pop out of nowhere in said position.  So the more WR's we grab, the better chance we have of getting that next Jerry Rice or Randy Moss instead of someone else.  They just need to play as a pro to blossom.  Dare to dream.  And Edge, a bunch of them too.

And that’s teh one someone else  picks. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

gut instinct Charles Cross/Drake London something like that 

Fant is gone after this year, they never got that WR1 they needed

the value of the OL and WR markets are too insane for JD to purchase these positions retail. 

the Jets obviously need all sorts of defense but the board isn't really shaking out that way 

Until you can score TDS in the first half of games, there’s zero point zero percent chance that investing in the defense is necessary.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I sent him a connect request and said this in the comment section:

"Love this, Travon!  This Gator alum hopes his favorite NFL team drafts you!  J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets!"

But its not true.

I sent him this:

???♥️?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, faba said:

The skeptical in me says someone wrote that for him

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow @faba suggesting UGA is a hotbed of illiterate athletes. wtf. 

cc: @Lith

I am not naive enough to believe that all students who play football at Gerogia are true student-athletes.  I can promise you that I am neither illiterate nor an athlete.  But as a Risk Management graduate of the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business, I am proud to be #1 in the Nation.  Best in the Nay-shun.

USNWRgraphic21small.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I wish I had an adult job so I can justify having a LinkedIn page where I could meet women who also have adult jobs.

I can’t imagine meeting women with my LinkedIn account. 

LinkedIn blows and is basically useless (for me, at least)

Yes remember that year we drafted Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen!! I do. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

A Quinnen like 8 sacks a year 'star'

Beerfish. I could be wrong. But, I think his attitude, work ethic, has to be considered. With his physical gifts, I can't imagine him being less than a good NFL, player. Good being his floor.

40 minutes ago, genot said:

Beerfish. I could be wrong. But, I think his attitude, work ethic, has to be considered. With his physical gifts, I can't imagine him being less than a good NFL, player. Good being his floor.

I don't doubt he is going to be a good player.  I do doubt he is going to be a really good pass rusher which is what the Jets need,  Our dline has been full of good players over he years but not great pass rushers.